Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size Name: C: 5.5 - 7 US Mens|Color Name: Orange|Change

VINE VOICEon May 2, 2010
I bought my orange Superfeet for hiking and they make a huge difference, making my feet feel less tired after a long day's walk and offering good arch support that helps my posture. Before using these, I had never used orthotic insoles, but now I wouldn't hike without them. The orange Superfeet are, in my experience, much the same as the green except with thicker padding for the forefoot. Orange Superfeet have a high arch. Do not buy these if you have flat feet or the arches will dig into your feet, and these are made with very hard plastic. Superfeet have a whole range of options to match the style of your foot, and each different colour is a different shape.

You have to be very careful to get just the right fit with Superfeet. If at all possible I recommend going to a store and testing out the different sizes. The key is to buy Superfeet to fit your arch length, *not* your shoe size. I am a shoe size 9, so if I went by Superfeet sizing then I would need the "D" (7.5-9). Yet I have long arches so I actually use the "F" (11.5-13). I went to an outdoor store, tried all the different sizes and the salesperson helped me figure out that the larger Superfeet fit perfectly to my arch with no space between the sole and my foot. The smaller insoles left a small gap in my arch and would, over time, become quite uncomfortable. Superfeet are easy to trim with scissors (you simply cut them to match the regular insole of your shoes) so don't be afraid to buy a much larger size if that's what fits your arch.

It's also important to make sure your heels fit well - if the heel cup is too small for your heel, the hard plastic will dig into your feet and you won't be wearing them for long! Conversely if the heel is too big, there won't be the support you're looking for. When you stand on the Superfeet, your heel should fit snugly in the cup and you'll know when it looks and feels right.

Superfeet can be hugely beneficial but only if you take the time to research and get the right fit. Ordering these purely based on your shoe size may prove to be a painful mistake. I wouldn't order these online unless you are able to either try them in a store first, or you are able to order several sizes and then return the ones that don't work for you.
1515 comments| 377 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
An ex-football player past his prime (6'3", 360 lbs, size 13D, medium arch), I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My orthopedist recommended daily stretching exercises and Orthoheel slippers to wear indoors (no more walking around in socks). What a difference! The slippers and exercises lessened my symptoms from the start and, over time, eliminated most of my discomfort, so I decided to find some orthotic inserts to improve my street shoes.

So far, I've tested:
1. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support
2. Aetrex Copper Medium Arch
3. Spenco Polysorb Total Support
4. Superfeet Copper DMP
5. Powerstep Pinnacle
6. Powerstep Pinnacle Pro

each for two hours' total walking time over a few days in two pairs of my favorite shoes: New Balance 606 hikers and Cole Haan loafers with Nike Air.

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support: Advertised for big & tall men, they didn't do much for me. While the extra cushioning helped at first, it helped less and less the longer I walked on them. I mentioned this to my orthopod and he told me the key to managing PF is not cushioning, it's support. Grade: D

Spenco Polysorb Total Support: Remembering my doc's advice, I chose these for the rigid heel cup and arch support. Though quite comfortable overall, the arch support was a bit too low for my medium-high arches and the heel cup was insufficient support for weight. While they worked reasonably well for me, I believe they would a be better choice for lighter individuals with lower arches. Grade: B

Aetrex Copper Medium Arch: Promising better arch support, these felt very similar to the Spenco insoles even after walking around the block. I then swapped one of the Aetrex insoles for one of the Spenco insoles and walked around again. Only then could I tell them apart. The Spenco offered a little better support for the mid- and fore-parts of my foot, the Aetrex offered a little better support for my arch. Grade: B

Superfeet: I was in an Allen Edmonds store and noticed the Superfeet insoles. The clerk said many men my size have good success with them. I first tried the Orange insoles. While they were too high for my arches, I felt more support in the right places than I had with any other insoles I had tried. I next tried the Copper DMP insoles. These were the right fit for my arches. Superfeet are easily the most rigid of the insoles I've tried...and easily the best. The arch support sits farther back on the insole than other brands. This made a real difference in the support and comfort I felt walking long distances. I also found the medial post support in the heel did a better job than other insoles in combatting over-pronation. Grade: A [Update: I have since tried Superfeet Black in dress shoes that couldn't accommodate the Copper insole. They work well but are not as supportive as the Copper or the Orange.]

Powerstep Pinnacle: While it seems well-made and offered good support, it simply did not work for me. The gel-based arch support sits too far forward and in the middle of the insole. The insoles felt like I had lumps of clay underfoot. After a few blocks of brisk walking, my feet began to fatigue as if I were walking barefoot in sand. Again, these may work for some people but they didn't for me. Grade: C

Powerstep Pinnacle Pro: Other wearers commented that the Pinnacle Pro differs markedly from the Pinnacle, so I tried a pair. I barely made it a block before heading back home. Though more rigid than the Pinnacle and with a better heel cup, the Pinnacle Pro was too inflexible through the arch and ball of my foot. These were the only insoles I tried that truly caused me pain. Of course, it could just be the contours of my feet, and for others the Pinnacle Pro might be great. Grade: F
33 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2009
I switched from the green insoles to the orange about two years ago and have liked the orange ever since. They seem to give much more arch support and my feet feel better after a full day of walking than they would without them or with the greens. I tried the greens again a few months ago, but then went right back to purchase the orange after recieving the greens.
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 20, 2014
This video will not play on some devices.

...... if I leave my origianl arches in my shoes they fit my feet perfectly. As you may have guessed it I have very high arches. I also suffer from plantar faciitis. My heel always hurts as does a couple places on the arch. I have no choice but to wear insoles, which I have done for as long as I can remember. I love a good pair of gels but they do not fix my problem, only delay the pain. These Superfeet are really nice but I find them (and any other insoles in this price range) too expensive. Companies feel they can overcharge because to get a custom insole from a podiatrist would cost you $300 or more. Superfeet are the best I've worn and the orange was a good choice. If you suffer like I do make sure you never go barefoot or wear shoes without your insoles in them. If you don't wear your shoes in the house (like me) get a pair of high arch sandles. Taping your arch up helps. If you don't know how to do it there are videos online of doctors showing you how. If you are overweight it would be an excellent time to do something about it because bad feet do not get better on their own.

Highly recommended.
on January 25, 2016
I got my first set of these orange superfeet a year ago. First it takes about a week to adjust to them, because the damage is already done to your feet. The first set held up 13 months with 10 to 15 miles of walking a day. Being heavier in weight I tend to go through inserts faster, but these held up better than other brands I have tried that only last a few weeks, or the feet never adjusted to the other brands. This is a fanastic product and It well worth the money for me.
review image
on October 2, 2015
had these in my work shoes as a catering manager and they did the job they felt great and i really enjoyed them, sadly i had them since mid July and wear them 4 times a week for my job but now they are breaking apart. The cushioned area is separating from the plastic base. They are very comfortable, take a few days to break in but sadly couldn't handle my working environment possibly. You can see in the photo i submitted the seperation.
review image
on November 13, 2015
I wear steel toe (safety) boots for more than 8 hours a day walking for almost 6 hours of those 8+ hours and standing for the rest, I went through several Dr. Scholl's inserts from the gel, massaging, active series and so on. Although the Dr. Scholl's we're ok, my feet would ache when I got home and when I would wake up the following morning.

After purchasing Superfeet, I was immediately relieved of the aches and pain I was having. I can literally pull a double shift if I have to wearing these because they really are that comfortable.
on March 29, 2014
These made me wonder whether my feet are misshapen because the arch, which is commendable, does not strike my arch. Would likely provide great support if they worked but these are worthless for me. And not just me, I had two of my sons (16 & 18) who had the same issue. Sure, it could be genetic but we are not Hobbits and I have never had such an issue in the past.

Updated Sept2014: I spoke to a podiatrist who effectively told me I had this backward. He indicated that Superfeet make some of the beat non-prescription insoles and that it was my feet that were the issue (ie collapsing arches are why my arch did not match the insole's arch). On his suggestion, I wore the Superfeet for a couple of weeks and have to concede they feel pretty good, especially after a long day on the go.

Revised this review from 2 to 4 stars and offer my apologies to anyone turned off by my initial take.
on December 10, 2013
I am an active guy, but at some point, I started to develop plantar fasciitis. That is some painful stuff. And, even if the pain could be controlled, it started to affect every other joint in my leg. First, my ankles would get sore because I adjusted my walk to compensate for the fasciitis. Then I started getting shin splints after running for just a 1/2 mile and then my knees started to become painful on the interior of the joint.

My wife's doctor had recommended these for her, but I was a little hesitant. I thought I might need orthopedics and didn't want to spend $50 or so on something that might work. Not sure why, but we were at the store and I decided to try them. I have to say, they are awesome. My symptoms went away in the same way they appeared - first the knee pain went, then the shin splints and finally my ankles. This took a few weeks to a month, but it did go away.

I now buy about 4 pairs a year for my different shoes. They last about a year and I definitely know when I need new ones as the soles of my feet start to hurt as the plantar fasciitis starts to come back.

If you are having any pain in your feet , lower leg or knees, I would say check with a doctor and then see if this product works for you.
on January 14, 2013
I am an avid long distance hiker and am addicted to orange superfeet! I was told (not sure this is true, but...) that the orange heel was more male-specific than any other. I used to have heel problems when I used green superfeet, the heel cup was just a bit too narrow for me... now that I exclusively use orange my feet are as comfortable as can be.