4.0 out of 5 stars Great, In-Depth Information on Some Super Nutritious Foods
David Wolfe provides very detailed information about some specific "superfoods" and also provides scientific rationale (sometimes down to the molecular level) about why these foods are so beneficial for us. This book is very informative and I like that it also provides practical ways in which to consume the superfoods, providing recipes and recommended dosages. However,...
Published on July 10, 2009 by Jennifer Ayers-Gould

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, lacking substance
I have been aware (if not "following" ) of David Wolfe's work and message for about 13 years now, and still see him first and foremost as a
lawyer and a salesman- able to slickly manipulate information for personal benefit. As an educator, this book was actually
hard to read- let's just say I winced. I would recommend it to my students as an exercise in...
Published on January 28, 2012 by Rachel

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Snake oil Salesman, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future (Paperback)
The book is good and the foods are great but you don't need them. When I first went raw, I thought I needed every superfood and gadget under the sun. David Wolfe is a great speaker so its easy to want to trust him. Its truly a waste of money to buy all these items. Just eat your fresh fruits and veggies and get tested regularly for B12, Iodine and D3. Then get a good supplement if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great guide for feeling better, March 29, 2011
After watching "Food Matters", I was moved to order David's book and learn more. It was a fun and engaging read, and as an almost-vegan "flexitarian", I appreciate the flexibility with which it is written. Superfoods doesn't ask you to buy into a strict dogma or completely change the way you live, but teaches you how to introduce some of these little known foods into your diet and improve your overall wellness.

The recipes come across as somewhat impractical at first, particularly for individuals who don't have easy access to well stocked natural foods stores. Of course all of the ingredients can be found online, but with some of the rather loooong lists of ingredients, this can be impractical ($$$) too;) The good news is I've found the recipes to be delicious and easy to make, even with a few healthy modifications here and there.

Great resource!

4.0 out of 5 stars Passion for Nutrition, July 19, 2009
For the reader considering a dietetically healthier lifestyle, Wolfe's "Superfoods" is an effective reference to some top ranking world foods. Although some of these such as the Maca root or Yacon may be previously unknown to the reader, Wolfe's teaching creates a quick familiarity and understanding of these "superfoods".

Goji berries, cacao, maca, bee products, spirulina, aloe vera, hempseed and coconuts all make the list accompanied by some honorable mention superfoods. Marine phytoplankton or Noni as dietary considerations may open new life options for the reader just embarking on creating a clarified diet and perhaps even a raw food lifestyle.

Wolfe's delivery is conversational, even when including more technical aspects of the foods, which can serve as a great comfort to many readers approaching a dietary change.

Some tasty and nutrient-rich recipes are shared to help guide the reader unsure of how to bring these foods into their dietary regimen. A glossary of the recipes' ingredients is helpful to understanding what part each plays nutritionally.

This writing is informative, instructive and supportive in considering the Superfoods available to all. This is a thoughtful compilation that will save reading and researching on the part of the reader for what foods to consider for prioritization in their personal dietary profiles.

Enjoyable and educational, "Superfoods" continues to exhibit Wolfe's passion for nutrition and sharing raw food wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge is Power & David Gives Us that Knowledge, May 23, 2009
I'm not sure, but David Wolfe may of invented the word SuperFoods and he has chosen some great foods for his most recent book, SuperFoods, that we can add to our diets to increase the nutritional value of what we eat each day. I know goji berries are great, but in SuperFoods, David explains why they and other SuperFoods are good for us and why they are an important food source for people seeking super vibrant health. With knowledge we are more likely to eat these foods. Just knowing these foods are good for us is not enough. When we truly know their value we are more likely to eat them. I am grateful to David for all his work and research into the healing and nurturing qualities of foods. Thaks you David... Jia

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Book On Super Foods, September 1, 2009
Like many people I was very surprise on the information on this book, I have never heard of any of these foods until now. Super foods is one of the best books on this topic, all the information is straight to the point and easy to understand. For many people that would like to know more about super foods, or want to boost their health or enjoy their life, you need to pick up this book, you will be surprise on the information that is loaded in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Informative and In Depth, May 10, 2010
One of the best books I've read as a new "raw" foodie. Very in depth information about various superfoods, some that I was aware of before and others that are all new to me. Now that I'm aware of them, I can actively look for them at my local health food store (and found most) or online. Great book and highly recommend for anyone looking to improve them health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfoods Education, April 12, 2011
I enjoyed reading this book and it did prompt me to buy some natural products. Just a word of caution. If you try these products - try very small amounts to begin with :) Awesome information :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super information about Superfoods, May 18, 2009
I have read this book twice since I received it a little over 2 weeks ago. David provides a wealth of information regarding the history, health benefits, recipies and the scientific research backing the health claims for each Superfood. I have been a user of some of these Superfoods for the past 2 years and I just added a few more to my daily diet thanks to this book. A must read for those that are willing to take responsibility for their own health.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Changed My Life!, April 11, 2012
I was not familiar with David Wolfe until he and this book were mentioned to me by a friend a couple weeks ago. Superfoods by David WolfeSuperfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future is my new bible. Following his suggestions about what Superfoods to aquire and what specific quantities to take on a daily basis has changed my life in just a couple weeks. I am focused, full of energy with positive thoughts and feelings. I felt good before I incorporated this in my life, now I feel Wonderful! I don't know if it's a combination of all the Superfood I'm now injesting, or one specific item which I didn't know existed before I read this book... Blue-Green Algae. I think Everybody should be taking this... the world would be a happier place if they did. My daughter and husband are following his suggestions on how to help their ADD issues and it works! This has had such a major inpact on my life and those around me it's the 1st review I've ever written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book!, September 23, 2009
Amazon Customer (CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I found this book informative, easy to read and easy to refer back to. I am trying to incorporate these superfoods into my everyday diet, along with eating more raw foods each day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future by David Wolfe (Paperback - April 28, 2009)
$18.95 $12.89