- File Size: 108 KB
- Print Length: 20 pages
- Publication Date: July 24, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003X97724
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #188,982 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Superhero Kindle Edition
"Grace & Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It"
Read the new book by bestselling author Grace Helbig. More by Grace Helbig.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
-- Top 100, Hall of Fame, Vine Voice, Book Reviewer, Grady Harp
M. R. Mathias is the multiple award winning author of the huge, #1 Bestselling, epic,
The Wardstone Trilogy, as well as the #1 Bestselling Dragoneer Saga, the #1 Bestselling The Legend of Vanx Malic fantasy adventure series, and the #1 Bestselling Crimzon & Clover Short Short Series.
Use these series hashtags on twitter to find maps, cover art, sales, giveaways, book reviews, upcoming releases, and contest information:
M.R. Mathias rose from unknown to award-winning, best-selling author at a pace most authors can only dream about. He is a prolific writer of epic fantasy novels, novellas, and short stories. Despite his busy writing, publishing, and promotional schedule Mathias continues to aid his fellow indie authors by posting about their books at Twitter and Facebook etc.
He shared his considerable knowledge of self-promotion in publishing The First Ten Steps. The book has become an important indie guide for navigating the often murky waters of using social media sites to get your eBook in front of avid readers.
Mathias has taken cross promotion to a new level in his "Indie Kindy" giveaways where he gives away a FREE Kindle Touch and or Kindle Fire loaded with independently published books. These events create a great deal of interest for the authors involved and to independently published books as a whole.
It is a pleasure working with M.R. Mathias and watching his amazing run at the top of the Amazon best seller lists.
William R. Potter
Founder of the Independent Author Network
From the Author
The jewel you see glowing in the ring in my old authors photo isn't really a jewel at all. It is the crystallized tear of a real dragon. In my novel "The Royal Dragoneers" you might find the moment where this wonderfully magical teardrop fell from a green dragons eye. It hardened on its way down to land in a mess of troll corpses that the dragon was laying on.
My grandfather died before I was born, but the ring was given to me by my mother, after my grandmother recently died. My grandfather had apparently won it in a poker game near the Red River between Texas and Oklahoma sometime in the early 1900's.
It has been a boon, the magic of the teardrop, for it brought you here to me didn't it? Now treat yourself to something fantastic and try out the free sample of one of my novels. I hope you enjoy the journey. It will be spectacular. Thanks M.R. Mathias
Top Customer Reviews
If I have a criticism, it would be that the whole thing is too short: the characters are so well done and the story so compelling that I feel that this could have been a 200-page book instead of a short story, and I hope that the author will write more stories like this one in the future!
For 99 cents, you really can't go wrong.
It's basically what happens when a real person tries to be a super hero. Yes, you can call it another Watchmen or Kick-Ass. But it's still original, touching and funny.
You won't find that in most stories you pay a lot more for.
Buy this short story. Try out the sample but remember the funny bits come after the begining, like in every good satire.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I absolutely loved this short story from beginning to end. Funny, moving, tragic, hopeful and endearing; Marvin
Smithers is a kooky but charming superhero.
A very nice and quick read. I love the fact that it's not your normal superhero story. I can't think of anyone who would not like this story.Published 23 months ago by Surprised
My title said it all--a poorly edited short story. Not as good as it should have been, nor as bad as it could have been.Published on April 16, 2013 by Mr. Edw
Marvin Smithers was an ordinary man who wanted to do extraordinary things. This is a quick read about how he decided to try to impact his world.Published on January 23, 2013 by Sabrina Coulter
Very short read and not much for substance. I thought this would be a bit more exciting, it falls short of anything entertaining.Published on December 27, 2012 by Bruce Wayne
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Lawyers & Criminals
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Dramas & Plays
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Humorous
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Humor & Entertainment
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Theater
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama & Plays > Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero