Superlux HD661 Closed-Back Professional Headphone with Detachable Straight Cables BLACK
|Price:||$32.95 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$47.00 (59%)|
- Closed-back, circumaural (around the ear) for accurate response and isolation.
- Balanced frequency response for studio monitoring or critical listening
- Patended headband designed for ultimate durability and comfort
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Superlux HD661 Closed-Back Professional Headphone with Detachable Straight Cables BLACK
Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones B003JOETX8
Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones B002GHIPYI
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Special Features||lightweight||The HD668B is a semi-open dynamic headphone whose sound quality meets the demands of even professional recording studios. Its patented sturdy construction provides long-lasting durability even in challenging conditions, yet the headband's light weight and optimized mechanical pressure provides long-term wearing comfort. The HD668B reproduces natural, spatial and accurate sound for all types of music. It features a balanced, contoured and bass enhanced full range frequency response with authentic||Noise Cancellation||foldable|
|Dimensions||12 inches x 12 inches x 12 inches||7.87 inches x 4.17 inches x 7.4 inches||7.87 inches x 4.21 inches x 7.36 inches||3.5 inches x 9.3 inches x 9.2 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
To be short, Superlux HD661 is clone of Sony MDR-7506.
Regarding the sound quality, here's what you get:
1. Clear and powerfull bass, but not the boombox like effect, like with Koss porta pro, you'll get just enough of bass. But you can pump it up with EQ - headphones can do much more.
2. A bit overbrighten and sharp higher mids - may be irritating for a longtime listening experience. However, saxes, trumpets and other reed/brass instrument sound totally live and give you full presence feeling. You'll definetly need some EQ punch, to correct this error.
3. Very clean and transparent high frequencies, with amazing detail clarity. This is the are where these headphones really shine.
4. Despite having closed design, these headphones are no way meant to heavily reduce outside noise. Even my crappy sony mdr-nc7 beats them hands down, when coming to noise cancelling. So, listening experience better to be restricted to inside areas.
5. Input impedance is quite high, so your average iLemming player may have no enough juice to rock these headphones really hard. This again suggests stationary usage of these headphones.Read more ›
The fit is very comfortable (I have a big head, and the HD-280pros hurt after awhile) and physically they feel good and not cheap. They sound awesome, definitely a brighter sound compared to Sennheiser's darker sound, and can definitely benefit through a headphone amp.
I suppose these are more aimed against the Beats portable headphones though, seeing that they're offered overseas in multiple colors. From my experience with Beats, they're overpriced and they colorize the sound quite a bit making them poor monitoring headphones. Personally, even though I'm not using the HD661s for monitoring, I prefer a more accurate sound even for casual listening.
For only $40, no brainer. Get these. And while the other reviewer says these sound exactly like $50 headphones... I disagree. The AKG K99 are $50 headphones. The PX100-ii are $50 headphones (that I love, but the build quality is fragile, evident by the PX100s that broke on me and countless other people). I would argue these sound like $75-$100 headphones.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had one of the worst experiences with these headphones ever since I got them two weeks ago. I had a feeling that it would be bad which was why a day after buying them I had... Read morePublished 3 months ago by KillerPizzaGuy
These headphones sound great. That is about all you really need to know. I have never had decent headphones before and they really make a difference. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Robert Ebright
Great sounding BUT they are non adjustable. Worth it for the price. I just used a piece of foam and some duct tape to make them fit perfectly. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Amazon Matt
Sounds great but they are a little tight on my head. The superlux hd 681hd evo are way more comfortable but are an semi open design so I couldn't use them my office due to sound... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Reginald A. Smith
great headphones for the price, a litte cheap on materials but audio quality is great for the price. pads are nicer than the hd681b. these are closed so no sound leaks out.Published 9 months ago by reviewer
Item received was defective, am in the process of returning with amazon. Looking at other reviews this doesn't seam to be a pattern, and was most likely just bad luck on my part,... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Jeffrey A Ballard, Jr.
Recently received my 661 and I am pleased. I am by no means an audiophile, don't know where in the song/music would the empedence fall in or out... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Jose M. Singson Jr
I am beginning to like this Superlux brand, low priced fair end headphones, simply the average consumer so I can't compare since I barely know the difference of good or bad but my... Read morePublished 12 months ago by W. Lisbourne
This product broke roughly a month after purchase. Seller is advising me I have to send product back to manufacturer. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Laney