Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on August 3, 2011
This is a great buy for a few reasons. One it covers season one with its own twists and original little things, and has original stories to fill in certain unanswered things like how sam met jessica and about meg. This being an anime allows them to use flashy stuff liek with the shapeshifter since the live action's budget doesn't allow for much according to eric kripe. It has orginal story and the ones from the show with cool twists and the animation is just freaking awesome. For any anime fan they know most male characters dont have eyelashes sinc eit ia taboo in anime but in her they added it for sam and dean to give them the hotness, no homo. Also shadows with detail and full black added which most anime dont do, and the characters are detailed unliek most anime where they are simple figures colored in n all. just watch the speacial feature on the dvd to see what i mean. I could go on, but overall great buy and entertaining. Only one problem, even thoguh jared voices sam whole 22 ep jensen only voices last 2, but that is ok because the guy who does the first 20 isn't bad. Hope this helped, and help out supernataurl by buying this so they can make more. thanks.
on February 22, 2012
GRAPHICS ARE CRISP AND SHARP. AS A HUGE ANIME BUFF & FAN OF SUPERNATURAL THE TV SERIES I WILL ADMIT JAPAN DID AN ABSOLUTE EXCELLENT JOB TURNING THIS INTO AN ANIME. ABSOLUTELLY ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE ANIME SERIES NOW. CANNOT WAIT TILL A SEASON 2 IS RELEASED!
on July 19, 2011
I love this Anime series. Of course I love the live series as well (except for season 6. Don't get me started.) so that didn't hurt either. Jensen Ackles doesn't always do the voice for Dean which made me disappointed at first, but it's still pretty good. Nearly every episode is loosely based on the live show, but in my opinion, it was still easy to follow. I hope they release more of these. I'll be the first in line to buy them.
on August 23, 2014
Save your money and just buy future full season releases of the regular series. This might be the ugliest Blu-ray I have ever seen top to bottom. Dean looks like a mentally challenged monkey and John Winchester looks like the captain of a fishing boat that just came into port. I'm not even going to mention what Bobby looks like. Now, I know they didn't want to fork out the money to use the secondary actors' likenesses but man if the animation is not bad enough the characters are. Both Sam and Dean intro the episodes at one time or another but not always together. As someone else mentioned, in another review, Jensen Ackles is plain and simple reading off a cue card for most of the time he's shown. It really looks like a pure cash grab but at least Jared Padalecki did his own voice for the entire series and his episode intros look like he at least memorized the lines.

The animation is also very poorly done. A lot of it looks like that stop motion animation they used for comic books 10 or so years ago. The color is bad and looks really washed out. I swear the entire series was just ported over from a DVD with nothing else done to it. The sound is fair but the only thing that sounds crystal clear is the ending Kansas song. The animated brothers' dialogue comes across as wooden and again feels like a total cash grab.

About 2/3 of the episodes(22 minutes each) were taken directly from the television series(not a bad thing) and just trimmed down. The problem is if you have already seen them in their original 43 or so minute length the cut down versions just don't stack up. I enjoyed a couple of the directly written for the animated series shows but just not enough to recommend this set. The only good thing is the extras are very good but who cares if the main product stinks?

Stay far away from this release even if, like me, you can get it for under $14. Instead just pop season 1 or 2 of the original series into your Blu-ray player and feel thankful you didn't drop a nickel on this turd.
on May 25, 2016
I was not too happy that the DVD case was scratched and torn up. The DVD's did not have a scratch on any of them thankfully. I do enjoy the graphics when watching them, it's a mix between Marvel Comic and older style Manga sketches into on. I was happy when they had Jared voice Sam but not too thrilled while Andrew voiced Dean. I was expecting Jensen to voice Dean but at least he voiced Dean for the last two episodes.
on February 2, 2013
If you love supernatural and you love anime then you must get this, this is great for any supernatural fan and if you watch anime regularly then there is no way you will be disappointed. I just want to know when will they make more supernatural anime's this was pretty cool.
on September 3, 2011
As a huge fan of the live action SUPERNATURAL show, I was very excited by this new way of telling the Winchester story, perhaps too excited. Personally I do not find the anime style of story telling as engaging as live action- too many long lingering shots of snow falling or close ups of shocked (read: wiggly) eyeballs. It seems emotion in anime is mostly revealed in close ups of eyeballs, and I prefer actors acting. That being said, anime fans will probably eat it up and perhaps introduce them to a show they hadn't seen before.
on July 12, 2016
The anime I wanted it's exactly the one I saw on anime websites.I personally like this anime it's not bad.the only issue is I purchased new but it came used?? No scratches but the box was beat up and the case had a scratch in it as if someone cut it with a knife.
on October 2, 2011
This is a fun and enjoyable Anime presentation of the series. I enjoyed the various episodes provided a relaxing variation of the TV series if an additional set of provided I will purchase them. If you like the TV series try this set.
on January 3, 2014
As a standalone I think the series is okay. But having approached it after marathoning the live action show for two weeks straight made it difficult not to draw direct comparisons. Obviously since the run time is a lot shorter than the live action the remake episodes drastically reduce some content that might be considered essential to the episode. Some of the remake episodes feel too short, or rushed to get the the punchline, which I felt like I could handle or at least was prepared for since I know the story line already, but for newcomers to the series it might difficult to follow everything without getting a little lost in the remake episodes.

I found it hard to get over Dean's voice actor. I was so used to Jensen Ackles that the first three episodes had me cringing every time anime Dean opened his mouth. I got used to it over time, but this makes it hard for me to marathon like I usually do with anime.

The voice acting for Sam by Jared Padalecki was great though. It really helped me get into this series.

Some other review mentioned how the anime original episodes were just rehashes of the original episodes, and I think to an extent this is true. There are a couple truly original episodes, like the Las Vegas episode or the Kappa episode, but even if the episode isn't taken directly from the series, they do reuse the concepts or the lore like with Bloody Mary.

In any event, I enjoyed this series enough to watch the entire thing, and enjoy a few if not most of the episodes.