Supernatural Childbirth
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$8.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 22, 2000
I highly recommend this book to all pregnant women. It is filled with life changing revelations of God's promises for you! Someone gave me this book before I became pregnant with my third child and it helped me to build my faith in a "supernatural childbirth." I was strenthened in my faith in God and His Word like never before. This book has numerous testimonies of what God has done for other women as well as pages of scriptures to strenthen you in your journey. As a result of reading this book and growing in faith, the birth of my third child was totally pain free! It was my fastest labor yet (5 hours total from the first twinge)and all my contractions just felt like cramps. I refer to this as "God's epideral." Like I said previously, I recommend this book to all! It is also a great resourse for those families that are having a difficult time conceiving or have been told that they will never have children. I think it makes a great gift for a mom-to-be, I like to keep several on hand to give to families. It is also a great book for dads as well. It helps to strengthen their faith as well and in turn they are a greater support to their partners. Plan to get this book and be blessed in your pregnancy and child birth-God does want a "supernatural childbirth" for you! If He did it for me, He will do it for you!
on January 14, 2003
I bought this book when I was pregnant with my second child and on bedrest for preterm labor. Having just suffered two miscarriages, I was filled with fear and felt robbed of the joy of pregnancy. This book helped me release my fears and trust in God's plan. By using the scripture references and daily prayers included in this book I grew confident of my ability to deliver a full-term, healthy baby. My faith increased and I connected with my child in my womb.
Although my first child was delivered after a 20 hour labor (with benefit of drugs and an epidural), I began to look forward to labor. This book affirmed that God didn't intend for my labor to be difficult. While it wasn't pain-free by any means my labor was perfect. It was only 4 hours, I felt in control the whole time, and I delivered a healthy baby girl without any drugs at all - on my due date no less!
I recommend this book to anyone who is pregnant or is planning to conceive.
on January 10, 2002
My husband bought me SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH shortly before we started our family, and it has been a tremendous blessing to us both! This God-inspired book transformed my whole outlook on pregnancy and childbirth! Based on the exciting promises found in the Bible, Jackie Mize shares her miraculous experiences and as well as those of other women who have put God's Word to work in their lives. This book also contains a myriad of Scripture verses and prayers that specifically relate to fertility issues, conception, pregnancy, and supernatural childbirth! The best way I can describe this book is that it is a faith-building, must-have for all Christians who want to or already are experiencing the miracle of parenthood! It will forever change your view of childbirth and will also tremendously bless your prayer life and daily walk with Jesus!
on March 20, 2000
I bought this book after having a miscarriage and I literally could not put it down. It ministered so greatly to my heart and made so much sense that I have since purchased MANY copies and given them away. I now have 2 beautiful daughters and I had wonderful, problem-free pregnancies and deliveries (no morning sickness, etc.) My first child I had 45 minutes after arriving at the hospital and had the 2nd one 25 minutes after arriving-both without needing any medication. This book is so great because it opens your eyes to what God has for you if you stand on His word, believe and pray. Children are a blessing and being able to bring them into this world is a gift from God, not a curse!
on August 26, 2008
My first child I had a miscarriage, my second a 23 hour extremely painful birth which ended with 4 degree tears & even more recovery pain that took weeks. And then 7 months later another pregnancy where I was sick 8 out of the 10 months I was pregnant (he was 3 weeks late so it really was 10 months :) and though the birth was shorter, 3 hours, it was the most intensely painful 3 hours I had ever experienced--contraction on top of contraction with no rest. And while my beautiful children were so worth it, the thought of another pregnancy or birth was terrifying to me. A year later I became pregnant again in spite of using protection constantly (it was just God's will :) and this time I had horrible nausea, much worse than any of the others. I later discovered why, I was pregnant with twins!! :D While this was ultra exciting I was also so fearful, I had never heard anything but horror stories in deliveries of twins. My first two births had been drug free, and though incredibly painful, I still wanted this one to be drug free too.

A friend at church gave me a tape of a lady talking about this book, all of the scriptures, and her personal experience. I listened to the cassette tape several times, wrote down all the scriptures and prayed over them every other day from the 5th month on. I prayed especially hard that they would not be born prematurely and would be born on God's appointed day for them. And also believing God for a painfree birth. It was the most wonderful pregnancy I ever had and I praise God so much for it! And I am so grateful to my friend for introducing this to me. At 5 months pregnant I was already beginning to be quite large, in fact I was as large as my sister-in-law who was 8 1/2 months along--and she wasn't tiny. It was getting to the point where I could not walk, and I had been a very active person. I didn't want to gain a lot of weight like I had with my first so I started taking communion at home each day and praying over the pregnancy and childbirth scriptures. After three days I could walk!!

After that I walked a 1/2 mile in the morning and 1/2 mile at night till I was 7 months along--then I swam in a friends pool. It was great, I felt so light!! Praying over the scriptures was awesome, God's word works. After I started that I never had any nausea, backaches, leg cramps, swelling, hearburn, no new stretch marks and I slept great (other than a couple night trips to pee :). It was a total miracle! The best pregnancy I had ever gotten to have, because before I had all of those symptoms in abundance except heartburn wasn't real bad with the others--but I had none with these!

When I was 8 months along the doctor said I had dilated to a 4 and would have the babies any time now. I cried driving home, they would be a month early, and it made me so sad. I just heard God whisper to me "Trust Me". So I did, and I just kept praying the scriptures. Whenever I would have a moment of doubt or fear my husband was such a strength, he would just remind me what God's word said and help strengthen my faith with his strength. The last appointment I went in on Tuesday, I told the doctor I felt like it would be Sunday so for him to be ready. I bet he thought that was weird, but I gave him a heads up anyway. :) I was going twice a week, once for a sonogram and once for fetal monitoring. On Friday I called and canceled my appointment and told them I felt like they were arriving on Sunday so if they didn't come then I'd come in Monday.

Sure enough Sunday afternoon the contractions started, they were 38 weeks to the day. They were coming very gently and with no pain, I could just feel the stretching. I went in at 3pm and I was dilated to a 6 1/2. After a few hours it had went up to an 8 but then by 10pm I had never moved past an 8. No pain, just stretching. I was bouncing on the beach ball they had in there, walking around, jumping up and out of the bed for bathroom breaks--the nurses were so incredibly amazed that I could get around so easily with carrying twins. I was huge, my friend called me a triple decker, but praise God I was still able to move around easily. :) The twins literally sat in my lap once I hit the 6 1/2 month mark, and then it grew out from there. Which makes it all the more amazing that I didn't get any new stretch marks!! :) Anyway, at 10pm the doctor asked if I would like my water broken so I did--I figured if they were to be born on Sunday we didn't have much time left! :) 30 minutes after that the stretching got stronger and my friend, my husband and I started praying in tongues. It just seemed like a few minutes after doing that the first baby started coming down! I hollered to get the doctor fast!! I had such a strong desire to push, he asked me to wait till the pedi got there. I said NO I need to push!! He said ok then, but let me get my gloves on and get ready first!! The only uncomfortable part was as she moved through those bones, I just do not like that feeling. Ugh. I still shudder, I can remember that feeling with every one of my kids. But that was the only uncomfortable or remotely uncomfortable part, whohoo! Calleigh Jorja was born in two pushes, then six minutes later Cadence Bethany was born breech with three pushes. All without medication, all painfree!! Oh, I highly, highly recommend it!! It was just so wonderful. :)

They were born August 28, 2005--the night Katrina hit landfall. Calleigh weighed 7 lbs 1oz and Cadence weighed 7 lbs even. They'll be 3 years old this Thursday, it is so awesome. Isn't that a wonderful miracle of God? Born healthy and a nice weight, and a wonderful pain free birth too! Next time I am going to pray for painfree afterpains, those were killer but thankfully they were over in a couple of days. After 3 days I was walking around, carrying them around and acting like nothing had ever happened! It was just so awesome, God is so good.

It kind of upsets me when people try to explain away the good things God has provided for us. Or they try to use their personal experience to negate the word of God. I mean, if that was a valid argument people could just say Well, not everyone is saved so God doesn't want to save anyone!! That is just ignorant to me. They suppose that just because it didn't work for them it couldn't work for anyone else. God's word won't work if you have unbelief, and it won't work if you don't any faith or belief for it. The two work against each other, faith and unbelief, and unbelief can cancel a persons God given faith. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17) Matthew 17:19-22 clearly shows that praying and fasting is the remedy to unbelief. So that is why saying those scriptures and praying over them everyday works. If you waited till the day before you went to give birth to try it I would imagine it would be harder to quelch the unbelief and let the faith be pure enough to let God's word work! So combine hearing the word, praying the word, and fasting and watch the results of the word of God work in your life too!! Now, I will say when pregnant you are not supposed to fast food or water as that has been known to throw people into pre-term labor. Dehydration and lack of omega-3 essetial fatty acids are two of the main causes of pre-term labor. So if you want to fast while pregnant fast something important to you such as Tv, computer, ect. would be my recomendation and spend that time that you would have spent otherwise doing those things with the Lord. Anyway, I hope this testimony blesses someone's life and helps them see that God is the same--yesterday, today and forever and that he is no respecter of persons. What He will do for me He will do for anyone. :) You just have to believe and purify that belief by squelching the doubt, fear, and unbelief!! :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 5, 2007
Supernatural Childbirth is a book I really struggled with.

I struggle with the book because I want so badly to believe the author's conclusions. However, I can find no confirmation in scripture that the author's conclusions are correct.

Let me start by saying that I do not presume to question the truth of the author's own personal experiences with conceiving and child bearing. Nor do I doubt the testimonies of the women included. I do not doubt her sincerity in her belief. I will even go so far as to say that I believe it's possible that God worked the way He did in the author's life for exactly the reasons she thinks He did. However, I draw the line at the author's use of her personal story as a prescription for all Godly child bearing. She boldly claims "If it will work for us, it will work for you." Later in the same passage she claims that she won't even argue about it, and that she's right because her claims are supported by scripture. I do not believe that any interpreter has the monopoly on understanding the meaning in purpose in Holy scripture.

The author, Jackie Mize, is the mother of 4 living children and 1 miscarried child. After her miscarriage, she sought comfort in the Word and came to the conclusion that it was God's will for her to have children and she could triumph over any physical failures in conceiving or carrying a baby by claiming various passages in scripture as promises for her life and fertility and commanding her body to obey. She went on to have 4 successful pregnancies and 3 pain-free deliveries.

She uses the term "Supernatural" in this way:

"When I refer to supernatural childbirth, I'm talking strictly about being able to conceive and to have babies with a pregnancy free from nausea, morning sickness, pain, moodiness, depression and without fear of any kind; then going through the entire labor without pain, and through the delivery without stitches and anesthetic. I'm talking about using the Word of God to overcome, change and make things better."

The fundamental problem with Ms. Mize's basic thesis is the underlying assumption that it is God's will that every woman who wants a child would have one. Translated: it is God's will that we should have whatever we want. In one support of her claim, the author writes,

"...Every barren woman in the Bible who was godly and believed Your Word became pregnant; You opened her womb and blessed her."

This begs the question: what then of the woman who wants children but has none?

The hermeneutic problem with the author's proof-text approach is that it is based on the logical fallacy of an argument from silence. It assumes that Sarah, Rebekah, Leah, Rachel, Hannah, Manoah's Wife, the Sunammite Woman, and Elisabeth are an exhaustive list of every barren woman in Israel when there is absolutely no text to support that, nor does assuming so make any logical sense. If one assumed that, one would also have to assume that every person, miracle and teaching in the Bible was exhaustive. Else, how would the distinction between what is exhaustive and what is selective be made? I am positive that in the whole of the spans of time covered by the scripture there were more godly citizens, miracles, encounters with God, testimonies, and teachings that we will ever know. God's power throughout history is not limited to what is contained in 1500 pages of text.

The notion that God exacts his favor on man based on the man's works is clearly contradicted in scripture. In the author's context, a man's very faith is a work that he improves and builds of his own will and capacity. She writes, "The reason it worked for us is we found it in God's word and kept reading, studying and talking it until it was part of us. And that's what will make it work for you." Essentially, they willed it so. She even assigns value judgments to women, dividing them as "average," "above average" and "below average" in God's kingdom. There is no scriptural evidence that God's economy works this way.

She also claims "by His stripes we are healed" as a proclamation of power over cancer, migraines, stomach aches and childbearing. She even goes so far as to say "If we're redeemed, we're redeemed; either we are or we're not!" The logical extension of this is that any measure of pain in a person's life is either a failure of Christ's redemptive power, or an indication of an incomplete faith in the believer. Were pain proportionate to faith, Paul, John, Stephen and Christ himself would have ascended to glory pain-free.

Additionally, the author's basic premise would have to extend to the conclusion that a childless couple is not manifesting God's will, or is following it less well than the couple with children. By this conclusion God's ability to exact His will on earth is limited by the power and faith of mortals. God's performance in the midst of pain and suffering is less perfect than His work in lives where there is no pain.

If it is genuinely true that there is no place in God's kingdom for pain and suffering, then what of the suffering of Job, David, Christ and the apostles? How beautiful is Job's faith in God in the midst of his struggles! How precious are David's psalms of heartfelt honesty! How urgent are the Apostles' pleadings that we persevere for sake of Christ!

God's glory is vast, and His power to redeem is unending. God can manifest His glory through pain, through jubilation, and through everything in between. He can redeem any broken body, but it does not follow that redemption is always earthly healing. How arrogant of us to limit God in such a way. If it is the case that His glory will be made manifest more in brokenness than in health, may it never be so that we attempt to stand in His way! We are told that God's ways are not our ways. Therefore how can we claim to know the exhaustive list of the manners, modes and circumstances in which He might choose to make His glory known?

While I appreciate the author's courage in addressing the issue at all, and the sincerity of her beliefs, and her general encouragement that women should trust God more with their bodies and children, there is little in this book to recommend it to anyone looking to read it for any other purpose than mere curiosity and exposure to alternate ideas.

Recommended: No
2828 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 25, 2000
A few months ago a friend of mine told me about the book "Supernatural Childbirth." My husband and I have been trying to concieve for 3 and a half years, had been through all of the fertility treatments, tried artificial insemination and the doctors all but told us that we would NOT be able to have children unless we did In Vitro fertilization. When I got the book, it was so good I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing in a few hours. After that, my husband read it, then a neighbor who had just had a miscarraige! I have told everyone I know about this book! The most wonderful news is that in February of this year, my husband and I both decided to stop all of the fertility treatments and give it to God. Here it is July and I AM PREGNANT! We have such an awesome God and I claim the covenents that he has promised me! I encourage everyone who wants to conceive to read this book!
on January 27, 1999
Supernatural Childbirth has been a blessing for me. Having had two miscarriages and only 24 years of age, this book gave me the strength to trust God's word and move on. The scriptures provided in the book revealed God's promises for childbirth. The book allows spiritual growth and an intimate relationship with God concerning his promises of being fruitful and multiplying. This book changed my life and because of it, I can walk in God's healing, knowing, without a doubt, that I will have healthy children. Thank you Jesus! And thank you Jackie Mize for allowing God to use you in the preparation of this book!
on July 23, 1999
This is our first baby. For the first 8 weeks I was feeling nauses and tired. I thought that I could be feeling this way because of what everyone was speaking over me so my body was going through the motions based on the words that were spoken. I asked several people that I knew had children what about whether or not I was suppose to be feeling like this and got conflicting pieces of advice. I never once asked God. Then one day when I was home sick the Holy Spirit told me that when I was getting married I bought books on how to be a Godly wife, but I had not bought any books on how to be a Godly mother. I went to the bookstore and I searched for 30 mins., then God showed me your book and a bible for expectant mothers, I bought them. I went home that night and the following morning, I read the book and I took God at His word. I am standing on that Word believing for NO more sickness and tiredness; a painless and fast childbirth, for my body to line up with the Word of God and function the way that God designed it to no more constipation. I am going to have a healthy baby, free from ALL generational curses and dieases. I started believing God for my children about a year ago. I was praying for twins, a boy and a girl, and I called off the attributes. I was surprise to see the section in the book about praying before conception. Thank you for your testamony has bee a great inspiration to me. I can't wait for my miracles I have been looking for the tape. I want to play it day and night until the baby or babies come. Please tell me where I can get it. My e-mail address is below, I am desperate. Thank you God bless you!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 4, 2000
My husband and myself have been told that we will never be able to have children, so I have been holding on to God for a miracle. When I first saw this book and began reading I was VERY skeptical of the validity of the contents. I wasn't satisfied in just reading their interpretation of the scriptures they listed, I investigated myself; I pulled out numerous versions of the Bible to reference. I found this book to be filled with inspiring, encouraging, faith building scriptures regarding Supernatural (miraculous) conceptions, pregnancies, and deliveries. The scriptures they gave just re-inforced my faith in God, it filled me with "supernatural" faith to believe not only for a miracle conception, but an entire miracle pregnancy and miracle labor/delivery. The authors never said you're faithless if this doesn't work for you, or that Jesus death took ALL pain from us; that wasn't what the book was about. The book was about offering scriptures to give you hope and faith to believe in your miracle. My God is a God of miracles, I've yet to find a scripture that limits what type of miracles.