Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 20 minutes of Deleted Footage including an alternate ending
- Never-before-seen R rated version
Top Customer Reviews
Okay so I am a fan of Angela Bassett and James Spader, and they were pretty hot in this movie you have to admit! Angela plays Dr Kaela Evers the ship's medical officer and James is the ship's hunky co-pilot Nick Vanzant who has a lustful eye on Kaela who isn't that interested in him much to his disappointment.
The action takes place on medical spaceship and were an alien artefact is secreted aboard by a miner the aforesaid medical spaceship and its crew rescue who unbeknown to them is slowly mutating into something not quite human courtesy of the alien artefact. There is also a ship's computer called Sweetie with a female persona who is pretty much running the show from a technology point of view and a star that is about to go supernova.
One by one the crew are picked off by the demented miner, who has mayhem on his mind, and soon only Spader and Bassett are left on the ship which is in danger of being sucked into the gravitational field of the crumbling star and there is only one life pod left and to share it means the possibility of Kaela and Nick's DNA merging together which it does partially, in that they both end up with one blue and one green eye but miracle of miracle's Kaela also ends up pregnant, a condition she never expected to be in!
All in all it is a pretty good sci-fi film, shame it was panned so much because it is well worth watching but I have noticed over the years I have been reviewing films that the more intelligent the sci-fi film on offer, the less likely it is appreciated by the "green slime and mega-blood and guts" brigade as I call them.Read more ›
1) It really feels like you're in space and far from home.
2) The acting from everyone was amazingly good.
3) 9th dimentional matter is very cool as a concept. The special-effects rendition of what it looks like and how it effects humans is astonishing.
4) The indestructable man Carl (strengthened by the 9th dimentional matter), who just keeps coming no matter what you do to him (and they did a LOT), was simply eye-popping to watch.
5) The main spaceship's dimentia-drive (that seemed to be a less safe precursor to hyperspace or warp drive) was an interesting addition.
6) The deleted scenes are numerous and MUST-sees.
7) You get to see Robin Tunney topless twice (ha).
1) The scientific jargon is a little hard to understand (or believe) sometimes.
2) The ending (even the alternate version) was predictable, but they threw in some conceptual touches to make you think - hmm.
The price is good. Get it even if you aren't a huge sci-fi fan.
They rescue one guy and find out that he had discovered some kind of strange artifact on the planetoid. Little by little, a few things appear clearer: 1) The guy is not what he seemed at first (big surprise there...); 2) The artifact is not just a pretty trinklet (another big surprise...); 3) Somewhere, the artifact represents a menace and the guy they rescued will do all he can to protect it.
The story is actually clever, with undertones of some old Star Trek episodes, but much more realistically treated. The characters are quite full and interesting, even though some of them are mediocre personas (and second rate actors.) Finally, the special effects are great, thanks for the democratization of IT resources necessary to recreate weightlessness and space views.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the highest quality SciFi movies with a sterling cast.Published 1 day ago by Robin P Reinius
only got a few minutes into it with my 13 yr old, listed as PG13, and there's a full nuked naked sex scenePublished 2 days ago by alwayslearning
Just a heads up for anyone watching this movie. There is a lot of nudity in this movie. Do not be fooled by the PG-13 rating. It should be Rated R for nudity. Read morePublished 2 days ago by PHPpro
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles