5.0 out of 5 stars I am impressed ...
This is a really nice unit.

Despite the fact that all TV digital converters are now 2ce the price they use to be. So much for "free tv". Honestly, we all should have said "NO" when they were toying with the idea of switching TV signals.

Published on November 1, 2012 by seachild123

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped Off
Published 19 months ago by Robert Whitmire

5.0 out of 5 stars I am impressed ..., November 1, 2012
This review is from: Supersonic SC55 High Quality Durable Converter Box (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This is a really nice unit.

Even tho I have a digital tv, I run the converter out line thru a ancient Emmerson VCR, then into a Sylvania DVD writer so I can record things I like. Then into the TV. My Tivax converter burned out a week ago and I replaced it w/ this SC55. The picture is now unbelievably sharp and clear with the dvd power on. Almost looks like HD. For stations with low signal strength, or in bad weather, rather than snowing out and the picture freezing up for a minute or 2, the converter holds on til the last second then comes right back with a clear picture.

Plus I now have 6 new stations. One of them a good movie station.

This is a very well made unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Made Product, January 20, 2012
The converter works quite well and is easy to setup and operate. Have had no problems with it. It was the third one to be used in this location and performs better than the other two did. The only drawback is that without the remote it is not usable (the only reason for 4 out of 5 stars). It only has a power button on the front. So if the remote is lost or broken it will need to be replaced. Other than that I recommend the converter.

5.0 out of 5 stars super job, May 19, 2012
good quality images;easy to set up and use;like the channels selection list where you can scroll through channels and preview programming at same time

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped Off, May 7, 2013
I scrapped the satelite and went to open air and needed a converter box for the TV in our spare room. I received the device and set it up with no problems, a couple of weeks later I went to use the TV and the Off indicator was lit red but it wouldn't power up, after unplugging it for a few seconds it turned on and was fine. About 3 weeks after that I went to use the TV again and the box had no indicator light at all and would not power up at no matter what I did. The device had no warranty information and there is no PH# to call the manufacture so I sent a request to return it or exchange it through the AMAZON site but it was rejected. What a waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS, December 7, 2012
I wish I had taken the US Government up on their offer to give me (and anyone else) a box like this when it was offered. Frankly, I didn't think I would ever need one. But after telling TimeWarner to take a hike, I found that my old Samsung 32 inch set did not have a digital tuner. So, I had to get a box to convert antenna digital signals into something my older TV set could see. GREAT RESULT. IT WORKS AWESOME. The remote is small by remote standards, but my big stubby fingers have no trouble finding the buttons. I especially like the "Favorites" feature (Why can't anyone else make assigning and deleting favorites this easy) on the remote. The picture is great! The unit is responsive to my omni-directional antenna digital signal. The unit is responsive (quickly changes channels - with a little blue bar appearing at the top right of the screen identifying the channel and what is on that channel). I AM HAPPY.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is NO better digital converter box, had them all. This is the BEST, January 3, 2013
I have owned and used many of the available Digital Converter boxes out there. Shelf life for most is not long, they simply just die after regular use and especially if left on all the time. The same may happen (eventually) even for this little gem. But I was impressed with its increase in obtaining signals (which others did not obtain). I was impressed with the expanded TV guide and full menu of the current show and future TV guide per station. There is no better guide than this. None. In fact, some digital converter boxes do not indicate any future shows that can be scrolled through and it even offers reminders of up-coming shows to watch or record. Another very important feature of this box is the S-Video out which exports an even clearer, shaper and nearly high definintion signal (to your VCR or DVD recorder) that has superb picture and volume control.
The other impressive feature is pass through technology, which allows the signal to continue to be sent without the box needing to stay on, thus , will allow longer life for the box. When the box is on and to touch the box, there is little heat generated. Lastly, the remote control features and nicely designed buttons allow FAV (favorite stations) to use rather than channel up buttons which go through many stations you never want to watch . Just by pressing the FAV up or FAV down button quickly takes you to your next selected channels you will watch on a regular basis. the other important feature of the remote is the signal strength button, which can be vital If you are using an indoor antenna to bring a station in at its best angle when aiming the antenna near a window or high spot in the room. Signal strength is important if you are recording shows and do not want a weak signal or the interruption of signal. The remote does need to be directly aimed at the box, otherwise it will not send the command. The setup and menu features are easy to use and fairly quick to understand and navigate.
This box and its manufacturer spent some time to develop a good product , users needs and better quality aquiring of stations as well as TV guide for the consumer. I plan to buy another one just to have as a back up for the future. A good price for a above average product !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture!, July 25, 2012
This is a great little box for the money. I had to drop my dish network when they raised my bill to triple the original price! We decided to let the service go. This is the first box I have tried and it gives a great picture! I have tried a couple of antennas and so far I only get 9 channels but that is much better than 0! I plan on getting an outdoor antenna and hope to be able to get more channels then. But for the money this has been a great investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and good, September 25, 2012
I already have had one of these for a couple of years, and just recently ordered a second one to replace the Tivax I had that died after 2 years. I had this unit up and working within 3 minutes, so if you are electronically challenged and you just want something simple that works, this is the product for you. Picture is great, there's lots of menu options and the remote is easy to read and sturdy enough to last.
Price is very good and shipping was fast. I have nothing bad to say about this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Quick Setup, August 13, 2012
I really liked the quick setup....but I loved the menu function that displays a comprehensive television programming guide. Great device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent out of the box, November 9, 2011
Worked as advertised. The set up was a breeze and the reception is very good. This unit allowed us to utilize an older console set that otherwise would have just collected dust.