Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Supersonic SC805 Portable MP3/CD Player With iPod Docking, USB/SD/AUX Inputs, Cassette Recorder & AM/FM Radio (Retail Packaging, Black)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 15, 2013
It's not easy to find a cassette recorder / cd player anymore. This offers both, and has a quiet, discreet design that actually looks good on a shelf (not the garish overblown monster design of other units). I'm not embarrassed to have this sitting on my shelf where people can see it.
The USB slot is a great addition - it offers hours of music that you customized yourself!
The frequency response is narrower than higher-priced units like the $350 Yamaha shelf system, but the sound is clear and crisp from the cd. We've enjoyed listening to it. The radio tuner is weak. We live in town, and all the stations have a strong signal, and this thing always had the distortion that comes from being slightly off-signal. That's disappointing, but at this price you have to accept that - it's a good cd player, probably a good USB player, but a poor radio.
Sony makes better cd / cassettes. USB players are available without the older technology. This brings it all together in one package, though with some poor results. Other reviews say this will fail in a few months. I'll write another reveiw in a while and report on its condition then.
22 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2012
Really did not believe it would sound this good at this price. Absolutely the best buy I have made in a long time. Will definitely be adding an extended Square Trade Warranty soon. We leave it on a dresser, turn it on, change tracks, change input, adjust volume, all by remote. This remote does everything except have a timer to turn it off after you fall asleep. Works and sounds great. Might have to buy a back-up at this price, just to be on the safe side.
33 comments|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
The only good thing about this product is its aesthetics - it's a cute system that fits well on a bookshelf. Other than that, it's nothing but cheap plastic. I took it out of the box and set it up, put in a CD...and it skipped! Put in another CD - same thing. Every CD I played on it skipped! Also, the sound quality is not very good.
However, the clincher was when I sent it back after filling out the return form and printing out my label, etc. I HAD TO PAY TO HAVE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT RETURNED TO THE SELLER! Over $16!
I will not buy from this seller again.
22 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
I am so pleased with this unit. Because of the relatively low price my expectations were minimal. Boy was I wrong. Sound is great and I can use my iPod without a hassle as well as an excellent am/fm receiver. BONUS I can now listen to my old cassette music!!
(What, no 8 track??)

I am please beyond reason. Delivery was prompt as quoted. Item arrived and is as quoted. Thanks Amazon!!
on March 25, 2015
USB and SD card ready! Like this. So few of the inexpensive price players out there have the ability to play this media. So why do I give it only three stars? The knobs on this unit are so difficult to work with your fingers because they're so shallow that you can't even keep your fingers around them and they slip because it's a glossy plastic that looks like metal. Fortunately, this unit comes with a teeny tiny remote that only works the unit if you are right in front of it (another reason I give it only three stars). That said, it is a cute remote and works well to skip tracks, fast forward and rewind and control volume. I have only played it at low-volume in the waiting room but when I have turned it up I have to say the sound is pretty decent from a small little player at this cost.
review image
on December 29, 2012
The volume knob was broken off out of the box. I went to glue it back on but it was obvious that a piece of the post had completely broken off. No sign of the piece anywhere making me wonder if it was knowingly shipped that way. My son threw away the box so I guess he is stuck using the remote for volume control.
on March 14, 2013
Very disapointed with the stereo. Knob broke off at first touch. Sound quality is poor and cd has scratchy sound to it. Would not spend $10 on this equipment if offered. Spend your money else where, it's to late for me but you still can buy much better quality for your money.
on August 29, 2012
I bought this little "boombox" (with detatchable speakers) to use at band rehearsals when we want to listen to previous recordings of songs we're "covering," whether on CD or audio cassette or mp3 files. The quality is adequate to hear the essentials, although I wouldn't use the unit for careful study of important recordings. The controls are largely cheaply-made mechanical buttons, etc., but that's what I expected at this price.
on February 24, 2013
It looks a bit cheap, The sound quality is good, not great, but it is about what I would expect in this price range for all its features.
on August 9, 2014
Wasn't sure I'd like this, but it's great. I have quite a few CDs that I like to listen to and don't want them all scrambled like the music services do, so this is perfect. Charges my iPod and plays from it if that's what I want. Radio is fine. CD player is the real reason I bought it. No tapes, but it has a tape player. I just wouldn't know how it works.

I think this is a good value for the price and a CD player is getting hard to find.