Supply and demand? Mentioning the fact that German companies have tremedous cost disadvantages due to their labor and tax inefficiencies (which most Germans I know agree with and hate, and only a Californian could possibly defend) is valid. Not because the bottom line isn't suppy and demand (I agree it is) but that part of demand is knowing what you're getting for your money. The real gist of my review was to point out that when you buy a German product much of your money goes to things other than the efficient production and support of it. My remarks about European social models was simply in support of this conclusion, not an reason in-and-of itself to avoid the product. If you want to clean and humidify air, you can do so just as effectively for far less money. If you want to clean and humidify your air and help prop up the rigid post-reunification unionized labor market in Germany, knock yourself out and buy a dozen.
asked by Jonathan Birge on April 7, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
Great input!
Susan answered on December 9, 2009

A
votes
This makes me want to buy the German product.
Abe answered on December 10, 2009

A
votes
When shopping for products like this I often hear "you can do so just as effectively for far less money". Which products? I'm not seeing any other devices as highly recommended for humidification & purification. I'm looking to buy and would love a specific product recommendation. Sounds like you're just a fan of buying products made by exploited workers in the 3rd world.
Andrew answered on June 30, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›