Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on June 9, 2014
I bought the Petite Pizzeria in December and have been making fresh pizza on it at least once a week ever since. In brief, this oven helps you make great pizza. I make the dough from scratch in a bread maker or, when I'm being lazy, buy the 1-pound fresh dough from Trader Joe's (enough for 2 12" pizzas). Pick up a couple of inexpensive 12" pizza screens from eBay or Amazon and you can eliminate the problems some have of transferring the dough to the stone. Just put the formed dough on top of the screen, add the toppings, and put the screen with the pizza on top of the stone. Once the pizza is cooked through it lifts off the screen easily. Since I like a dark brown, firm bottom crust, the optimal cooking time has worked out to be 6 minutes at the 2½ heat setting.
on November 11, 2013
I know almost nothing about cooking, but have had a minor obsession with pizza ovens over the years. Custom wood stoves can cost $2500+, but this $99 device really does the job, one pizza at a time! I don't care what stone you use, trying to make a pizza in a regular oven at home is futile. It just doesn't get hot enough to cook a pizza correctly. This insane little gadget gets up to 700+ degrees for the proper pizza baking temperature.

It's ridiculously easy to use--I bought some dough at the supermarket, rolled it out, added a little olive oil, sauce, and cheese. Then put it in this thing for about 7 minutes, and the end result was great! I'm convinced with a few more tries my pizzas will be indistinguishable from a restaurant.
on December 24, 2013
I have built two pizza ovens and done them in the grill, wood stove and everything in between for my quest for true Napoletana, New Heaven, Roman, or NY Pizza. for those of you that are not familiar with those styles they are thin crispy crust (American Pie is a great read and will explain in detail). This is the only product I needed in the end

This gets over 700 degrees the dough recipe is from page 107 of American pie, Napoletana recipe with the addition of 1.5 TBL spoon of sugar (crust browns up nicer as most commercial pizza ovens a 900 degrees this just adds a little help) use a fresh mozzarella and 5 minutes on high makes a pizza that trumps anything I have had in a restaurant .
I hear people say the pizza burns and sticks in some of the reviewsI have not experience any issues sticking and do not get very concerned with it although I usually rotate my pizza after 1.5 minutes to make sure it has not stuck and I have never had a problem.

I did have one issue with some roman dough cooking more on the bottom than top but it was easily remedied by leaving the pizza peal in between the stone and the pizza for the last minute.

I highly recommend this and I am thinking about buying another one fas a backup :) I have not done a deep dish in this with the deep dish pan that comes with but would guess it would do a great job buy with confidence!
on July 10, 2014
I have been playing with mine now for about five months since purchased at Sur La Table.

I use mine exclusively in a motorhome. It's my tiny goto oven when I don't want to use the motorhome's propane oven, the Weber Q and a pizza stone, or break out the Dutch Ovens and charcoal. I generally use it when I have electricity included for "free" at an RVPark or campsite. I was initially concerned that the stone might break due to rattling while driving, but it's held up fine.

I have used it to bake frozen lasagna, chocolate chip cookies, quesadillas, breakfast croissants, breakfast muffins, home made and frozen pizza. It's a really versatile little machine. I quickly learned to ignore the included instructions for the most part, and just pre heat the oven on 3 for five minutes, and then actually bake everything somewhere near 1 or 2 for as long as it takes to come out perfect. Also discovered that cheese on the baking stone will smoke for a long time until it finally burns off, eventually.

Using a wireless digital thermometer probe to monitor the temperature it can actually maintain a very consistent lower temperature, good for baking cookies!
on November 15, 2013
The first time I tried this oven, I did what I always do.. dive in with no instructions! Mistake! I cooked my first pizza at the highest setting thinking that is what it would need to get done in 5 minutes. The end result was my crust was burned and I a bit disappointed. Several months later, I drug it out and read up on how too. Tonight's results were perfect! and 2 pizzas cooked in under 4 minutes!!! Perfectly! Thank you! What a great gadget!
on June 25, 2014
This is absolutely fabulous! Pizza is my favorite food (for the first ten years of my life, I am told, I hardly ate anything else): yet, I hate home-made pizza because it is always awful. Last October I was visiting my folks in Rome, Italy (where I was born and raised), and my father woke me up one morning with a piece of absolutely delicious pizza... It turns out he and mom had just made it in a small pizza counter-top oven. Unbelievable! As soon as I returned to the States I looked for their exact same product: this is not the same oven brand my parents have (and obviously the ingredients they used were superior to anything I could ever, EVER, find here), but this "Sur la Table Pizzeria" has just become my most beloved, cherished, adored kitchen item. It makes the most delicious pizza ever: if anybody is familiar with the "filetto" pizza they make at Sezz Medi at 122nd and Amsterdam in NYC... well, Sur La Table gives you just that amazing taste.

My "secrets": #1, I make my own dough (I use my bread machine, 5 ingredients, and 1hr30 minutes later I have a 2-pound batch of divinely fluffy, fresh, perfect dough). Our local supermarket chain here sells pizza dough: you can use that too... but [Secret #2] unless it's been just made it will taste a tad less than wonderful. This is because [Secret #3] there is no dough like same-day dough: you can refrigerate it and even freeze it (as every blog, instruction booklet, and recipe book will tell you), and it is true it won't spoil but the flavor will invariably be slightly altered.
What I discovered is that (say you make pizza one evening and have left-over dough) it's better to fully prepare and cook one extra pizza, put it in the fridge, heat and eat it the day after, than to put in the fridge the dough and prepare the pizza a day later. BY THE WAY: I re-heat the left-over pizza in Sur La Table oven! Brilliant! (I don't use microwaves and always hated day-after pizzas until today...)

Sadly, I live far away from NYC-pizza now... in a land where pizza has no meaning... so Sur La Table has truly saved me!!! and changed my culinary life for the better.

I am posting a couple of pictures of the very first pizzas I made with Sur la Table.

Notes: This is not a toy. When other reviewers mention "having fun" with their kids making pizza, I assume they mean that they make the pizza and the kids have fun eating it afterwards. I wouldn't let a child anywhere near this oven--it becomes truly hot and unfortunately even an adult can injure himself/herself simply by lifting the dome/lid without a mitten.

Do use a mitten when opening the dome/cover!!

You might need an extension cord because its original cord is super short--silly designers.

The instructions mention that your pizza should be ready in about 7 minutes--it takes a little bit longer than that (just a couple of extra minutes).

Sur La Table oven gets messy and dirty, but it is quite easy to clean.

(I would have a couple of genius design modifications idea to improve this product: Sur la Table, call me! :))
on July 26, 2014
Best $99 dollars I ever spent. I have a $ 2500 wood fired oven and use this little grill when'd I want to test dough or make just one pizza. It is not as good as my WFO, but it gets to 750 degrees in about 15 min.
on July 10, 2014
This is a good pizza oven. It is fairly well designed and affords the user more flexibility in pizza thickness. The unit provides good to better than most oven characteristics. Although due to the variations in pizzas one must use experience as a guide to proper cooking times. The overall construction does not approach the sturdiness of others made with a cast aluminum body but considering the purpose for which this unit is made the construction should be sound enough to last many years. I really like this unit and recommend it over others costing much more.
on August 2, 2014
I bought this based on reviews on Amazon. The first pizza, I followed the instructions.....heating on 1 and cooking on 2-2 1/2...the top was a tad too brown..still a good pizza though. Next time, I followed the advice of another poster and preheated on 3, then cooked on 1 1/2... Perfect top and bottom thin crust pizza. Used homemade dough from artisan bread in 5 min pizza book.

I definitely recommend this little pizzeria!!! It is very fast, doesn't heat up your kitchen and one little pizza is perfect for two with a side salad. LOVE IT!!!!!
on June 10, 2014
Since the 9 reviews were great with 5 stars, and after comparing other pizza machines I ordered it and have no regrets. My very first pizza (margarita) looked exactly like that shown on the box! The crust was perfect, both top & bottom. So easy to use, just follow instructions closely... sits on my kitchen island for 2 or 3 days each week. Made pizza on paper thin tortillas as well; shorter time of course; the dough stayed crisp & did not fall apart. The deep dish tray makes many more food items; omelets, Chicago pizza, can do chicken and many more meals. The booklet is helpful with a variety of pizzas; the dough recipe actually makes 2 pizzas not just 1 as listed. Friends on face book loved my posts & I let a nearby upscale kitchen store know of it. Oh my, I can't live without it now-