5.0 out of 5 stars Short, But Sweet
Published on March 23, 2008 by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was the movie music.
It was not the movie music. I wanted the movie soundtrack and this has the movie poste ron it and its rather deceptive if you ask me. The score is nice but the movie music, all the great surfer stuff is awesome.
Published 19 months ago by Mary T. Avila

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, But Sweet, March 23, 2008
This review is from: Surf's Up - Original Ocean Picture Score (Audio CD)
I'd been waiting since the movie was released for the full score from the film to be put on CD, at last I've been able to add it to my soundtrack collection. It is likely that people didn't even realize there even WAS a score, but there certainly was, and it's some of the most emotional and beautiful I've heard in a while. It's surprising to hear what you may have missed watching the film, from scene to scene.

At 23 tracks, it seems like alot, but some tracks are only a minute or under, and you can be done listening to the whole CD faster than you'd imagine. That, I'd say, is the only downside to this limited release, but it is well worth listening to over and over, taking in all the little nuances of the music. Little things like the piano from "Legends" imitating the crashing of the wave in Cody's telling of the history of surfing, to that sad strum of Z's ukelele on "The Board Shack." If you're a fan of the movie, or great musical scores, this is well worth tracking down. It is assuredly short, but it packs a punch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 27, 2008
This review is from: Surf's Up - Original Ocean Picture Score (Audio CD)
Unfortunately there was only a limited edition release of the original soundtrack. Last time I checked the CD was selling for around $60. What I did was go to i Tunes and downloaded my favorite pieces there.

This has become one of my favorite soundtrack. Simply beautiful. It is heavy on piano and light on the strings so if you're a violin person you won't enjoy it as much as say The Village or Last of the Mohicans but it is still amazing. The best tracks to down load are:

Legends
You're in
The board shack
The Has been
First round
Losers
Pointed the way back

PS, if you're looking for another beautiful piano piece check out Carly Commando - Everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was the movie music., February 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Surf's Up - Original Ocean Picture Score (Audio CD)
It's unfortunate that Surf's Up debuted during the wave of penguin-mania-related movies because the movie is quite a gem. One of the things that stood out in this movie, other than great voice-acting, direction, animation, humor, and story, was the music. The original soundtrack with singles from 311 and Incubus and the like is fine, but THIS is the album you want - a beautiful, well-rounded score that captures the more serious bits of the movie. The theme song performed on the piano is wonderful, subtle, and haunting, surprisingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Great Music!, April 25, 2009
This review is from: Surf's Up - Original Ocean Picture Score (Audio CD)
The movie is wonderful and the music is, too. I have the movie music and the CD with the songs that were used by the movie from other bands. All worthwhile!

Rate and Discover Movies