Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.49

on August 2, 2005
This book is really good. Its about two operatives, who basically fall in love. The only problems being that he is higher than she is, he was also the man that trained her, and he refuses to let her into his life. When he is injured and taken prisoner she goes to find him, to payback her debt to him (during her training he saved her life). She leaves and tries to reenter regular society. When he gets released from the hospital, she nurses him back to health, he pushes her out, then comes looking for her, asking her to forgive him and let them have a fresh start. Together they work on reentering society. The writing style keeps you reading. Everytime I read this I can't put it down until I am done with it. If you enjoy reading heartfelt romances, this ones for you.
on August 26, 2015
It has everything I love about Susan Mallery, but it does not seem like her typical book. If you have read the Fools Gold Series, but are getting tired of the predictable nature of those books I would suggest reading this, it will not disappoint. I loved both main characters, I found it very hard to put the book down. I also like that the female character in this book is more of a "tom boy", "on of the guys" type, but still has a feminine side.
on March 21, 2014
I enjoyed this book,Another of her books that captures the heart .. I like Susan Mallery's writings.
She captures the reader and leads them on a wonderful journey of ups and downs,
that leads to romance and always the "Happy ending "
Why else do we read these stories because we enjoy the fantasy and the thrill of knowing
Fairy tails do come true thru books and movies... :)
on April 3, 2014
I couldn't okput it down. I liked the more complex characters than are in some of her stories and that there was no obvious solution to what kept them apart. I really felt the pain of both characters.
on October 29, 2013
This book was well written. I liked how she incorporated the past in the book. The characters are working at reentering society after being operatives. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.
on December 20, 2013
I love Susan Mallory. She weaves beautiful, interesting and relevant stories. Each time I read her books it's like finding a new friend. The characters are relatable and compelling. There is an uncanny mix of love story and angst. Makes me want a love like that.
on June 30, 2013
This book starts off really good, but goes into too much detail of sex for my tastes. I dont mind sex but let my imagination take over; for isnt that what reading is all about?
But enjoyed the story line anyway.
on October 10, 2011
Way to go, Susan! I couldn't put this book down until I finished it. The book started by building a foundation in trust for the 2 main characters in various climates including the jungle and desert. I really enjoyed the action and the depth. Thank you!
on December 21, 2010
I JUST LOVED THIS NOVEL... Not only did the characters grow on you but they wiggled their way into your imagination. In the end, you could only be blissfully happy that they finally trusted each other and believed that they were worth a second chance to experience life and love. I wonder if retired CIA agents are so emotionally fragile ? Keep writing Susan!
on March 9, 2013
I particularly liked the "back story" leading up to where the characters are in the present day. The character development between Zach and Jaime, after all they had been through together and separately was extremely well written - as usual. I just love Susan Mallery's writing style.