Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Mad Catz AX 720 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $129.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Mad Catz AX 720 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- Dolby Digital / Pro Logic II / Dolby Headphone
- Inline Audio Controller with Independent Chat Volume Control
- Removable And Replaceable Ear Pads and Headrail Pad - Removable Microphone
- Works great on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
- Circumaural design for ultimate comfort
- Digital Optical Connection / Dolby Digital / Pro Logic II / Dolby Headphone
- Inline Audio Controller with Independent Chat Volume Control / Voice Compatible with XBox Live
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
|Introducing TRITTON's AX 720 - a high-performance gaming audio system delivering precise audio and superior voice communication. Utilizing Dolby Digital and Dolby Headphone technology, the AX720 sets a new benchmark for 2-Channel surround sound headsets. The included Dolby Digital decoder takes games to new levels by creating an impressive 3D audio environment. Precision-balanced 40mm drivers provide heart-thumping bass and crystal-clear highs. Chat online with your teammates on Xbox LIVE, the PlayStation Network, or your PC/Mac using the detachable microphone.|
AX 720 Dolby® Digital Surround Sound
PRECISION GAMING Headset
| || |
Digital Audio Control Box
Inline Audio Controller
The convenient inline audio controller features independent voice and game volume controls so that you can clearly hear your teammates during those crucial gaming moments.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 7:04 Mins|
Hopefully this will help gain the insight you'll need to make a decision.
Please leave feedback, did I miss anything?
1) Sturdy quality
2) Microphone, solid and bendable
3) comfort level is a 9 (headset is a little heavy) but not terrible, no neck fatigue, or head aches, even after long hours of game play, but I do get up to fix drink, rest room...etc.
4) Speaker volume, microphone volume/mute (both are seperately controlled), very nice...sometimes you wanna play with your buds, sometimes you want strangers to shut up. *flip the switch...all you got is game sound!
5) I find the controls and set up very easy to use and manage. Nothing is complicated or cumbersome. *note this is NOT a wireless headset. The wire is nice and long, got the voice control velcroed to the side of my Lazy-boy. Plenty of wire to not compromise my mobility. On a surpising note...I can actually hear other things going on in the house, phone ringing, doorbell, etc... I thought for sure I would be closed off to the world..NOT SO!
6) Head phones are very nice and comfy. Surrounds the ENTIRE ear! One bad note, it seems the padding comes off a little too easy. So far it isn't anoying (yet) But I have to pull the head phones apart then take the set off. Do not recommend that you just pull them off of your head. --this almost cost it a star...it still might.
I have read over many reviews, including Amazon that the next version up of this headset, which is $200, is nothing but problems...that was a main decsion factor in my purchase of this headset.Read more ›
Then I tried the Ear Force PX21 because it was able to connect to PC, PS3, and 360, all of which I play on. BUT, there was no surround effect to speak of.. at least none that I could detect. The quality was there but just in stereo. Not much else to say about it.
Lastly, I ordered the Tritton AX 720. What a difference from the PX21 and the X41. It's better than the PX21 because it does have surround and can connect to all 3 systems. It's better than the X41 in sound quality. I'm not an audiophile but these had much warmer lows and cleaner highs that was clearly noticeable from the X41. I immediately returned both of the previous headsets. The surround sound on the AX 720 is there and very noticeable. I found myself instinctively turning toward footsteps before I saw them. The only thing the X41 has is the chat boot feature... but I haven't had any issues talking to my friend in-game with the 720s.
Now, I set about 6 feet away from the TV in my office and the wire from the volume control to the audio processor doesn't get in my way.Read more ›
After reading all the reviews about the other headset: Turtle Beach, astro A40, Tritton AX Pro, Tritton AX 720
and I have decided to get a Tritton AX 720, and here is why.
Before you continue reading my review, I want to let you know I am in my early adult years, and I am a very decent FPS player, scoring top 1st majority of the times, in games noticeably Battlefield bad company 2; COD modern warfare, etc
From my personal experience, I have never owned a surround sound system, but I sure had some time with them, and I sure want one. But because I live with other people in the house I sure do not to want disturb the peace especially at night.
At first I was looking into audio headset with game sound output, and I didn't know such electronic existed. But researching on different brand of headset, reading reviews and updates extensively while on a budget constraint.
I game on PS3 and I have read that the turtle beach may offer marginal better sound quality but at the cost there is probability that it will break within 6 month, so I swayed away from turtle beach.
If I had the money I would definitely get the Astro A40, but on a budget constraint, I was left with the Tritton Ax Pro or the Ax 720.
I have read that Ax Pro have "real 5.1 surround sound", while the Ax 720 have "simulated surround sound". Ax Pro have 4 speakers on each side of the headset total of 8, which offers more precise directional sound. It features three 30mm driver for front and rear, and 1 40mm for sub-woofer.
While the Ax 720 features only one 40mm driver. But I have read although the Ax Pro does offer superior directional sound, the mid to high range in frequency is worse than the Ax 720 which is superior at.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my grandson and he loves it. It works great for his gaming!Published 4 months ago by G. Sherron
Bought these things five years ago and they still are the best headset that I have ever worn for gaming.Published 5 months ago by Alex Bigler
Defective, makes a loud popping noise when wire is slightly moved, nothing like the last gen, poor quality compared to the last gen. Read morePublished 8 months ago by billrybenski
Love my headset.
I only had issue with my optical cord. but that was the seller fault sending me a bad cord. Read more
I was so excited to see the whole kit. I thought I was to receive just the headset and got the whole kit. I even got an optical cable and Xbox One adapter! I loved my 5. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Kenneth Smith
I needed a new headset since my old broke down and when I browsed Amazon for a new headset I came across this one and saw that it was a tritons headset and I was skeptical at first... Read morePublished 12 months ago by MafiaStrikes
Had this product for a few months and all was good until a small piece cracked making the headphones loose and unusable. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Edwin
Very good headset. I purchased it for my Xbox 360 and the sound quality is fantastic. My only complaint is that there is a lot of cord on it and it gets tangled easily.Published 14 months ago by Tim Leake