Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
This can opener should open any food can easily. As for the ammo can, this should be able to open the metal ammo can you mentioned. Basically, as long as the can has a "lip" or rim around the top of the can that the can opener can hook onto and the can material isn't much thicker than a regular food can this opener should open the ammo can.
Feb 13, 2014 by HardToPlease
votes
yes they can there is a small opener notch that will do the trick. I got my first one from my dad in '64 carried it through Vietnam, and gave it to my son in '90 for him to use on a camp out.... needless to say, he lost it. they are called p-51's they will open any can any time.....:)
Jun 12, 2013 by Neil Bornhoft
votes
From Wikipedia; One technical explanation for the origin of the name is that the P-38 is approximately 38 mm (1.5 in) long. This explanation also holds for the P-51, which measures approximately 51 mm (2.0 in) in length.
Feb 4, 2014 by Peter Grimnes
votes
My first thought is that they looked nickel plated. But they are good and worth the money. The P51 is thicker, larger and much easier to use than the P38. The P38 cuts into your thumb
Nov 3, 2014 by richard
votes
Pull the pointed blade out where it's at a 45 degree angle, place the pointed tip on top of the can next to the rim and you'll notice that the slot under the pointed blade fits right around the rim. From there press the point down in a clockwise motion into the top of the can. Once you've penetrated it and brought the point back up to the starting position, rotate the can counter clockwise, or pull the opener back just enough to make another cut in the same fashion. Continue to do that around the rim until the can is opened...be careful (!) the lid on the can will be extra shop using this type of device. Hope this helps, wish I could attach pictures.
Sep 2, 2014 by TimmyVega
votes
I cant say its easier but it is much smaller and light weight. and gets the job done. I would recommend it if your back packing or putting it in a emergency kit
Aug 4, 2014 by calvin
votes
Check out this Wikipedia link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-38_can_opener) for a comparison of the two can openers. I have been using my opener since I got it around 1965.
Feb 10, 2013 by bill
votes
Most companies selling this product offer free shipping on this listing. You should not have to pay for shipping unless you are requesting a special shipping method. I hope this answers your question. Lynum Gadget Supply
8 days ago by Lynum Gadget Supply
votes
I'm age 63, and I have joint pain, BUT, I can still use my little can opener. Each person who has problems with their hands might be different. I say buy one and try it, if it causes you pain to use it give it to a family member. They are so reasonable it would be worth the money. I really love them, I carry one in my purse on my key ring. I hope that helps you! Lady Survivalist -
Sep 14, 2014 by Lady Survivalist
votes
The can opener it self has US shelby.co STAMPED ON IT I AM NOT SURE IF ITS MADE IN THE U.S.A. The reason i bought it is because it is larger then the army p38. And its easyer to use being larger.
Nov 12, 2013 by james driggers
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers