4.0 out of 5 stars Great song, pretty good remix
Published on May 11, 2007 by A. Davitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for the Halo collector
"Survivalism" (Halo 23) has been released in two parts. Both part I and II contain "Survivalism" the album version and "Survivalism--the tardusted remix." Part two also contains an instrumental version of "The Greater Good" and a video of "Survivalism."

Published on June 16, 2007 by Daniel Ferguson-Maltzman

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for the Halo collector, June 16, 2007
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)

This is the type of Halo that's really just for the NIN completeist, fans who must own every NIN Halo. "Year Zero" (Halo 24) already has "Survivalism" and the tardusted remix included here isn't all that great. It's kind of interesting, with a slower tempo and more layers and effects than the original, but it doesn't really hold up for repeated listens. The instrumental of "The Greater Good" is pretty much like the album version, but without Reznor's voice-over whispering. The video of "Survivalism" is really cool, with cameras spying in on people in a building as they live their lives.

If you are a massive NIN fan, this Halo is worth owning for the novelty two songs and the video, but for everyone else, just stick to "Year Zero." If you do decide to pick up Halo 23, make sure you get part II, as it includes the instrumental version of "The Greater Good" and a video of "Survivalism."

4.0 out of 5 stars Great song, pretty good remix, May 11, 2007
A. Davitz (Saint Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
Both Survivalism and its remix had to grow on me before I loved them. I think for that reason I rank it 4 stars. The remix on this single is not a lot like any remix I've ever heard from Nine Inch Nails. My first thought when listening was that the beat sounded more like it was meant for a slow rap song. After a few listens though I really like it. The instrumental version of "Greater Good" is a nearly unnoticeable change (to me). The first time I heard the original I thought it was an instrumental because the singing is so soft anyhow. I don't think this would be a good single to get if you are a casual listener or are looking for a first single to buy since there are other singles by NIN that have a bit more depth and are more all-encompassing

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Part 1, but for Halo collectors only, June 30, 2007
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
"Survivalism", the lead single from Nine Inch Nails' smashing and politically charged album "Year Zero", was released in two parts as a single. "Survivalism, Part 1" featured the song itself along with the "Tardusted Remix" (which is also featured here as well). "Survivalism, Part 2" features all of the above, as well as the instrumental version of "Greater Good", and the rocking video for "Survivalism". You get more here than you do for the rip off that was "Survivalism, Part 1", yet this single still feels like it's meant for hardcore Halo collectors only. What you get here isn't bad, but there still could have been more put here, and the disc itself feels less like a "Part 2" and more like a "Part 1" with bonus tracks. That aside though, you get more bang for your buck here than with "Part 1", but either way, if you're a Halo collector, you'll probably be picking both up regardless.

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree with Daniel maltzmen., July 3, 2007
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
I love NIN, and I love the new album, but Trent Reznor, like many successfull musical artists, is a product in the eyes of the record company. trnet has allready made it clear to fans and press alike that he is against the corpoarate interrest to banf NIN fans out of their money. He is also rightfully insulting his recording contract and claiming that they are trying to exploit his artistic interrests for a few more pennies, and alot more hype than he is seeking. If you know Trent, you know that he is brutally honest with the public, and has little to apologize for...so in that regard.....if your a must have collector....buy this. Otherwise, your wasting your time here. Year Zero is epic, but so far the singles are just an avalanche of the haves vrs. the have nots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Survivalism, Pt. 2 review, March 9, 2013
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
Pt. 2 is easily better than Pt. 1 of Survivalism, and it's cheaper too! NIN fans can not pass on this one, and I'm glad I got mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent!!, February 11, 2009
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
My item came very fast and it was as it was described on the description.
I have to say, if I had to order from them again, I would.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, May 7, 2007
This review is from: Survivalism 2 (Audio CD)
it's nin and it is a halo. the music sounds like nin but the singing what is that. the game he created is cool.over all the single is cool.

Survivalism 2
Survivalism 2 by Nine Inch Nails (Audio CD - 2007)