From the Inside Cover
Have you ever wondered:
- How your body protects your brain?
- Why your leg “falls asleep” when you sit in one position for too long?
- How CT scans, MRIs, EEGs, and PET scans work?
- Why humans have such big cerebrums compared to other animals?
- What your spinal cord and brain stem do?
- What kinds of new techniques doctors invent to diagnose and treat their patients?
"From volcanic burps to colonic bacteria, this comic-book ride through the human digestive system is a delirious joy." —Nature
"If you've got kids that are always curious and looking to learn new things, these are three gems that absolutely must be on your bookshelf." —GeekDad
"Outstanding. Fast-paced, light-hearted, and fun. It's all about the discovery and adventure!" —Confessions of a Science Librarian
"Abundant scientific information in a format that is appealing and exciting." —NSTA (National Science Teachers Association)
"The science is detailed and accurate and presents the workings of the the digestive, circulatory and nervous systems in a way likely to appeal to young minds." —COSMOS Magazine