5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...I think we were reading a different book!
I read this book when I was feeling lousy about my state of infertility. I bonded with the women and their stories...and came out feeling not so alone in this process.

Published 13 months ago by Sandra Ballard

1.0 out of 5 stars depressing and angry tone
A collection of depressing stories that were neither inspiring or comforting. Also if you have read any of the forums on IVF you will recognize some of the threads as they are copied word for word. Disappointing.
Published 18 months ago by Juglone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...I think we were reading a different book!, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Surviving In-vitro Fertilization: IVF Stories and Inspiration from the Women who have been there (Kindle Edition)

It's not a rah-rah cheery book on how everything turns out...who wants to read that when you are in the middle of it. So if you are feeling down and want to read about women going through some of the same stuff...go for it! You won't regret it!

If you want to read a pick-me-up cheery book telling you everything will turn out...this is not the one for you.

I think it really depends on what place you are in on the infertility path of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Compelling for a Tough Subject!, January 22, 2013
OK I probably would have put 4 stars (because I never put 5 stars) but I needed to show a completely different experience reading this book than the other reviewer.

The author states how she was active on ivfconnections.com and many of the stories were from women who posted there. I loved the sense of community that was obvious throughout the book.

I did find it a bit depressing...I think that comes with the subject...if you are past the infertilty phase of your life then bringing you back to that time can be a downer.

If you are in the middle of that phase then knowing others are feeling the same way can be comforting.

The writing is variable given its stories from different writing but the narrative that ran through the book was great.

I would absolutely recommend it for those who are in the middle of what can be an incredibly trying time.

1.0 out of 5 stars depressing and angry tone, January 10, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very informative., February 8, 2013
Just a average book that hardly offers any info just a few stories from different women. Most of the stories end in sadness and with most of the ladies never having success after Ivf. Not very uplifting or informative. A lot of the stories are alike and end with the same outcome.

Rate and Discover Movies