5.0 out of 5 stars colonel
Published on November 28, 2011 by colonel

3.0 out of 5 stars Served USMC Force Recon
Surviving the cut isn't completely void of actual training drills. Just falls short of the "total" picture of training. Like the part of how the Army get blow dryers and the Marines solved the problem with a crew cut. Transaction was fine. I figure if I do't have to call customer service of some support division, the transaction went fine. I would not hesitate in...
Published 11 months ago by Old Hippie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars colonel, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
As a retired senior military officer, I found this DVD most informative and inspiring. Much has changed since I retired in 1986, and to see the new techniques and training aids that are out there to test the mettle of our fighting men and women, is most interesting. It is reassuring to know that we ARE the cutting edge in stealth, be it ground, sea, or air, materiel, or physical. Well documented and narrated. This training and the personnel who volunteer for this rigorous and demanding training are a tribute to the many who have given their lives to defend and support this great nation against any and all enemies, past, present,and into the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surviving The Cut, March 6, 2012
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
This is a great video and series that show what our elite fighting men can do under stress. I would have liked to have seen the Navy SEAL's BUD/S training, but it may have been omitted for security reasons. I would have liked to have seen the Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Swimmer training included in the series. I bet it was omitted because it is noncombat. But what other service will rescue a guy caught in 50 foot seas with no other way to save himself, but to call the Coast Guard! The Rescue Swimmer (AST) will always say "Yes I can do this, put me in coach" knowing he may well die in the attempt! The Rescue Swimmer's motto is "So Others May Live." This motto was derived from an officer's report of a rescue on December 22, 1884 by the Cape Hatteras Life Saving Station, North Carolina. The report said in part, "These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hattaras, took their lives in their hands and, at the most imminent risk, crossed the most tumultuous sea that any boat within the memory of living men had ever attempted on that bleak coast, and all for what? "That others might live to see home and friends." The LSS joined the Revenue Cutter Service to form the U. S. Coast Guard in 1915.
Semper Paratus, Born Ready! USCG Vet ET-2

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite of my son and his fellow cadets, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
Fantasic price. This series is a big favorite of my oldest son. He is away at a military college and is not allowed to watch tv. One of the biggest things he misses is watching this series. Turns out it is a major hit with may of his platoon members as well. Hope season 2 is out soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enguaging Entertainment!, May 14, 2012
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
If you're into Military type shows, survival shows, or even shows about the elements that make some people succeed where others "fail," then you will very much enjoy watching this show "Surviving the Cut" from Discovery Channel.

Each episode follows one class through the extra vigorous training it takes to become one of Americas Elite soldiers. The episodes include: Special Forces Divers, Marine Recon, Air Force Pararescue, Navy EOD, Marine Snipers, and Army Rangers. My favorite hour long episode was the Navy EOD. Having never been in the Military, I can't attest to the "accuracy" of the program, but from what they do show, I've gained a whole new respect for the guys that are selected.

All the episodes are very entertaining to watch, and will make you wonder how you would fare under the same circumstances. Inspirational in that sense. Demonstrating the remarkable ability of the body to undergo such high stress and physical endurance.

If you're looking for an inside look into our Militarys Elite Soldiers grueling training,and what makes Americas Military so great, do yourself a favor and pick this show up! Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need I say more?!!?, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
This is one of the most on-point and bullseye depiction of "The Teams" that I've ever seen.

Being a veteran of the Iran/Iraq War, I've seen more than I can say about what went on over there. This brings it all home again.

Season 1 was great. Season 2 was so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
I highly recommend this DVD. It is both inspiring and intense amount of training that makes you appreciate these forces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., December 23, 2013
yaland (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
Great look at something not often seen. Also a great way to learn more about some lesser known units of the military.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome motivation., December 20, 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
I am a veteran who USED to be in great shape. I watch these shows to motivate me. I might not be 20 years old any more, but they help provide the motivation to help me get moving

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
Pretty good at showing what our troops have to go through. If you are thinking about going into a special force then you need to watch this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surviving The Cut, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Cut (DVD)
This is one my husband said really shows you what the elite forces of our military have to go through to be one of our special
forces. Their training is very tough to watch and you will come away appreciating our special forces even more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Surviving The Cut
Surviving The Cut by Bobby Williams (DVD - 2011)
$19.98 $7.49