Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes

on December 3, 2013
I have had the chance of working with Scott directly in the essential oils field. I first read his book Nutrition: A word of wisdom; I thought "Wow, Scott really has some awesome stuff to share!" Now he has tackled Essential Oils in a way that very few can. Essential Oils as a topic is really second nature to him, and anyone who has attended his lectures or trainings can quickly grasp this fact. He is also an accomplished writer which means he is actually able to put his knowledge on paper in a way that is best for the reader. If you, like thousands of people, are becoming aware of the power and benefits of making essential oils a part of your life style; this is a book you will want to put in your library. The best part is that it is only 68 pages, when you need to find a use for an oil quickly, the last thing you want to flip through hundreds of pages.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
You "back up" your computer regularly, but do you have a "back up system" for your health? Dr Johnson gently reminds us that there may be times when we can not turn to our health care system for help. When that happens, are you prepared to look after your own health? Therapeutic grade essential oils have strong research based evidence backing them, as methods to deal with many of the diseases and traumas that life can throw at us. The crisis's Dr Johnson refers to may not be a catastrophic natural disaster, but coming down with an infection for which modern medicine has no effective tools. Yes there are "superbugs" out there, for which we have NO effective antibiotics! Essential oils can be effective in these situations, I have many patient testimonials that verify this. This simple, well organized book covers the basic 42 essential oils with clear instructions on how to use them and an alphabetical guide to looking up common conditions. A great gift for your friends, family and for yourself! This is a must have book in everyone's home.
on July 9, 2014
Excellent reference book to have on hand! Very complete how to use essential oils and safety data sections. I have used essential oils for over 15 years and have not found a more complete guide when it comes to how to use and how much to use for children. Every home that uses essential oils should have a copy of this book on hand. I also love his simple and direct protocols for a wide variety of physical issues and concerns. Well written, easy to follow and in depth information.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2014
-This is a thin book, easy to read, it's more of an outline with "recipes."
-There are a ton of ailments that are listed in this book.
-There are no "fillers" that go on and on of paragraph information that you'll never read.
-I have purchased one book that has information and tips when using essential oils, and I purchased this for a quick reference without the fluff, for a lot of recipes.
-I have found great mixes to make and to try.
-Very easy to understand, and very easy follow the "recipes."
-I'm so glad I bought this book. I have used it more than the internet and the original book I bought when seeking a new mix to make to treat or help with anything.
on July 17, 2014
This 2nd edition from Dr. Scott Johnson is a winner! If you are looking for a clearly written, concise book that has suggested protocols to follow mixed with a ton of useful information, you (like me) have found it!
The first part of the book details constituents of the oils and a bit of history. There are references to scientific journal studies if you have an interest and would like to dig deeper. The book goes on to describe quite a number of oils and their contraindications and possible interactions. This is clearly presented and very useful - particularly for those who are either pregnant, currently taking prescribed medicines, or planning to use oils on children.
The book continues with a great description/discussion on various carrier oils and their properties, as well as a discussion of methods of application. Again, presented in a manner that makes sense without having to weed out all the extraneous, no-so-important info.
Finally, the last 90 or so pages list different health conditions along with clear protocols. Dilution ratios are provided as well as application and dosing information.
Have I already mentioned how clear and concise this book is??? It's a great addition to whatever might be on your bookshelf right now; if there's nothing there at the moment, this is a fabulous first book!
on January 7, 2014
Every home should have this book at their fingertips. Living in an area where natural disasters are not uncommon, it is important to have the knowledge and tools to care for oneself, family and/or neighbors. I believe people are waking up to the fact that circumstances may not allow a run to the ER or Walgreens. Dr. Johnson has simplified which essential oils to have in your arsenal and how to use them. I am buying more copies of this book to share with friends and family. Knowledge is power!
on December 24, 2013
In today's world, education is a must when it comes to our health and building strong bodies. This book will easily equip a family how to build immunity as well as how to deal with challenging issues naturally. Scott seems to be on the cutting-edge with current information when it comes to therapeutic grade essential oils. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an alternative to pharmaceutical drugs and their side effects.
on April 4, 2015
This is a great book with very helpful information. It is one of the best resources that I have found. The only bad thing is that over 40 pages on the left hand side have a printing issue and a column down the entire page is missing which makes it tough to read:(, Make sure you look through your book before the return date in case your copy has the same problem. I didn't notice quick enough to be eligible to return the book. I have had great luck ordering on Amazon but sometimes returning can be an issue.
review image
on January 3, 2014
I find that across the internet and several books, you'll find that ailments have all sorts of suggested oils as remedies. There are however a couple core oils that seem to be consistent between sources. This book has tons of suggestions for oils based on near 100 ailments and it will most likely not line up with other sources. However, this book is organized incredibly well for you to compare and contrast oils.

Remember, do not take this book as gospel for ailments. The book makes several suggestions of ingesting oils in capsules. I personally do not think you should dive into essential oils this quickly and start ingesting as you can have allergic reactions (these are from plants after-all). Make sure you test oils at the appropriate dilution on sensitive areas of your skin or inner lip prior to ingesting. When ingesting, make sure the concentration is small to start, then gradually increase if you feel it is beneficial.
on March 6, 2014
I just got this book and I love it! It is very simply laid out to be able to look up which oils will work as a remedy for what ails you! It is not a very thick book but is packed with relevant information. There is a list of recommended oils with a chart telling you which ones need to be diluted, or make you sensitive to the sun or which ones should not be consumed orally, etc... I am so glad I got this book to keep with my oils! I used information from this just this morning to treat a headache and it really worked!