Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

79%
21%

on April 24, 2014
First off, nothing in this book rings true. For example what 29 year old woman would be surprised that her 18 year old boyfriend's mother is less than thrilled to find out she is going to be a grandmother. As a mom I would not be overly excited to hear that my 18 year old son got this 29 year old pregnant. Also the author states she now knows to run the other way if ever a man tells her he enjoys having her at home and taking care of her. Yet she did not think it was time to run the other way when her 18 year old boyfriend began conversations with his imaginary friends through an imaginary walkie talkie and then beat her up? Oh yes, "breaker breaker one nine" precedes each beating. I think the author has confused the "invisible walkie talkie" as she calls it, with an invisible CB radio. Also the 18 year old has a great job, tons of money, owns his own house.. yes it all seems so real. She mentions that to this very day due to this severe abuse she is now agoraphobic and will not leave her house, yet at the back of the book in the "about the author" section it states that when she is not working she "enjoys traveling camping, bike riding and swimming" none of which are usual activities for someone terrified to leave their house. How exactly does one travel and go camping without leaving the house? Even if this story were presented as fiction it is still poorly written and just plain ridiculous. FYI "anyways" is not a word no matter how many times you repeat it in a "book." but I will not even get into all the other grammatical errors, because there are too many to mention. This book is heavily advertised in a site where people get paid to write 5 star reviews. They get money sent to their paypal in order to buy this book, so that when they write their fake reviews it will show up as an amazon verified purchase. Also the author herself is the person that these reviews must be submitted to before they are posted and she will "correct" them if she finds them unsatisfactory. People are then paid for the review at that time, never once having stated that they received the book for free or that they were paid, and thus making anyone who is browsing see the "amazon verified purchase" and mistakenly assuming that gives any credence over honesty. As for it being such a great book that people read it in one day? well that may be due to it only being about 60 pages long. It can be read on your lunch break with time to spare. Any woman who has been through an abusive relationship will find this so called book insulting.
22 comments8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
These reviews are crap. People are being paid to write 4 and 5 star reviews for this book. If their review isn't 4 or 5 stars then they don't get paid for it. They have to write the review and then submit it to someone else who has to approve it before they even get post their review here on Amazon. I read this book and it's a bunch of garbage. I don't think any of it is true.
22 comments6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
After reading some of the other reviews, and reading the book myself I am convinced this is a true story. Mental Illness is no joking matter, and wouldn't that be nice if everyone could be a Psychologist before getting involved. Knowing a little about why women gravitate toward men much like their fathers, and the book very much explained her upbringing, as well as his. The author has no reason to fabricate or intensify her story, especially at the expense of all of those she is trying to help. If one steps back and sees the reality or scope of this very horrible social issue, then you will see the truth within this book. Schizophrenia is real and the results can be devastating. One must ask themselves when reading this book, have I ever experienced domestic violence, of any kind? Have I ever been witness to someone that has been abused, and turned a blind eye, blaming the person who wears the scars? I believe people who think this book is fabricated, are also those who turn a blind eye to those who are in trouble...it's easier and safer for human nature to protect the ones doing the abuse, rather than support and intervene for those it's being done to. This book is an excellent read and is a wake up call for anyone who has, is or may experience this ungodly situation. I sincerely hope and pray for the best to the author, and applaud her will to finally live. Awesome read, from an educational standpoint, and not at the authors expense. I believe she has already paid for what she didn't owe. This is movie material!
on February 27, 2014
Survivor is one of the hardest books I have ever had to write a review for. Not that it isn’t a good book in fact, it’s just the opposite it’s a very well written story by a young woman with an unimaginable true story of an abusive relationship that she was in. The fortunate thing is that both she and her child are both ”Survivors” and for her to be able to write her story to be an inspiration to other abused women is truly Amazing!!!

There are many women out there who are not as fortunate as Angela Caito and who have suffered a lot less abuse than she has. None the less, there is ”NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE” and no-one deserves to be abused EVER!!! Life is too precious and too short to be with someone who does not truly care about you.

I encourage anyone and everyone to take the time to read this story and share it with someone you know who may be going through an abusive relationship…don’t sit back and turn a blind eye. Take a stand for those who have a hard time getting help on their own and standing up for themselves. What if it were your daughter or grand-daughter? Wouldn’t you want someone to speak up for them?

I give this book a five star rating and my Blessings to the author Angela Caito.
on February 27, 2014
This book was and eye opener for all the domestic abuse victims.
First would like to thank Angela for putting her horrific experience in writing .Most victims think it is their fault for being abused because they did something wrong but that’s what the abuser wants you to think. They always apologize and say it will never happen again but it does over and over again as you can see this in this story.
I got very emotional reading Angela’s horrible 5 years with this monster.I was also a victim for years while my children watched but I am sorry to say I stayed for my children because they where all so young and loved this horrible man I was married to.This may sound weird to some people but you have to be in this situation to understand.
No one should have to be in abusive relationship.They have to have the courage to get out .
I am so greatful that Angela shared her story with us, knowing how hard it must have been for her to re-live the worst time of her life. I hope this story will help all the victims out there to stay strong and try to get out and get help.
on March 28, 2014
This book was so sad.The Author of the book told her story as it happened to her .
She fought for her life to get away from a monster that beat and abused her in such a horrific way, that it brought tears to my eyes.
I know exactly what she endured for 5 long years .I too was in an abusive relationship for about the same length of time.I was tormented and boxed in the ears and punched,so I know how that feels.I pray for any woman that is or has been through something like this.It is hard to start over when you are constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if he was waiting just around the corner to attack you. This author tells her story of how she got away from the abuse and how she rebuilt her life.If you are in or have been in an abusive relationship you should read this book for hope and inspiration.Know that you are not alone.
on March 6, 2014
This is one book that definately stays with you after you read it.
The last statistics I read about domestic violence were heartbreaking. I believe I read 1.3 women in the United States are victims of domestic violence. That number is so big that it is hard to wrap one’s head around.
Wow! This was a very difficult read.
Angela Caitlo really does an excellent job of telling her story. At times I wanted to reach through the book and shake her ”leave him. He will not change. He is going to kill you!” But instead I was compelled to read until the end of the book. Thankfully, the author escaped with her life. By some miracle she has learned to move forward in life and has enough confidence to tell her story to others.
I hope that this book may be able to help someone else escape the horrors that domestic violence may bring.
on February 26, 2014
This book had me from the first page. I could not put it down and read from start to finish in one night. This author is great at describing her story in a way that makes you feel like you are a fly on the wall and observing her terrible ordeal. Although I have never had to endure such horrific things, the words evoked many feelings and really opened my eyes to those that endure abusive relationships.
on March 9, 2014
This definitely seems like a novel. I have read true domestic violence books which no doubt were real. This, I feel has been fabricated. It has inconsistencies in it and I just feel that it is more false than true. An ok read, but I only like true stories.
33 comments4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
I can’t begin to describe the onslaught oF feelings this book prevoked within me. I may cry for many days to come. Don’t misunderstand this. It will be tears of anguish, heartbreak, fear, hope, and victory, and understanding to a certain degree. This is a true story about a young woman whom worked as a bartender. This woman was disinterested in all the different men who showed a passing interest in her. One day, not unlike other days, one particular man caught her attention. In a very short time, what she thought was her dream come true, was actually her worst nightmare.

I have pstd, and anxiety. I have suffered many tragedies in my life. And yet not for one second can I begin to relate to what the author suffered through. Every situation involving domestic abuse is dangerous. Every situation involving domestic abuse is different, and no two cases can be compared. No one situation should ever be belittled, no matter how minor it may seem compared to other situations. With that being said, what I read in this book disgusted me far beyond any abuse situations I’ve ever heard of. And I’ve heard a few.

With every turn of the page, my dread increased, as did my respect for the author. I love how she tells it in narrative. I like that its her telling the story, without trying to recreate the dialog. I love that she wrote it. I can’t begin to imagine what its like putting the very thing that you fear the most at the very forefront of your mind. This author tells of how she survived, not just for herself,but for her baby as well.She was discriminated against by the very people who are sworn to serve. She’s also turned away when she asks for help from outsiders. She knew assault meant she’d be where she couldn’t protect her child. This is the amazing true story about how she got away!

I think every mother, sister, wife, aunt and grandmother needs to read this. Every female needs to know about domestic abuse. I think that this authors courage is admirable,and we need to embrace, and lead by example. If this book can help save even one life, or make someone less knowledgeable, In the know, then I strongly suggest not just women, but men read it too!