Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 29, 2000
If you are like me (a die-hard fan of the hit CBS television series) then you will want to own a copy of the soundtrack. This awesome CD includes 19 amazing tracks in all, which were heard throughout the show. Perhaps the best song is "Ancient Voices" which is the theme song of the show. The emotions that composers Russ Landau and David Vanacore put into the songs are simply breathtaking. In short, the show was great and the music is even better.
on September 15, 2002
If you love Survivor, you'll love this CD!! Excellent...BUT, beware that it is from the first series and while much of the music has carried forward to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and probably 5th installments - the new music from those seasons is NOT included. Desperately could use a follow up! But this will satisfy you and bring back all the island memories!!
on January 31, 2001
I am probably one of the last seven people on the planet who had not seen "Survivor" until after I heard the CD. Listening to "Ancient Voices" washed me in sea of images, nonetheless, and it was pretty heady stuff. And, yeah, I caught the first show of the new season and it was a lot of fun.
It's a pretty extraordinary track, mixing the ancient with the modern, all wrapped up in that strange otherworldly package that is simultaneously both grand opera in its "over-the-top" scope and the best of modern composing in its discipline. Oh, and it's a pretty nifty rumble in the jungle to boot.
It feels sort of like zooming across the radio dial of history within the truncated, steroid-pumping timeframe of television theme writing. And my kid says you can dance to it real good.
Russ Landau makes ear movies. I like that just fine.
on August 30, 2000
Unfortunately, the next series of Survivor episodes are a good ways away, what is a fan supposed to do until then? Enjoy some of the previous series finer details, of course! Few people really understand just how important the Survivor soundtrack was to the show. The haunting beat of the theme built half of the show's suspense! Now, you can enjoy the exotic sounds of the show yourself with this soundtrack! Something really great about the album is that every song is loaded with suspense and puts you on edge. Even the relaxing songs still have that spark to them! If you have one of those alarm clocks that will play a CD instead of a buzzer, use this CD! It'll definately get you going in the morning. Just make sure that come breakfast time you eat some toast or something, not a rat!
on August 29, 2000
all i can say is this is the perfect way to relieve your survivor withdrawls. I know mine where massive when this hit series ended. I hope you all enjoy it as i did
on February 15, 2005
Well done Russ Landau & David Vanacore! This cd is absolutely brilliant!! The tribal beats and world rythym are complimented really well by the various vocals on the tracks (especially 'My Tribe'). Both 'Ancient Voices' and 'Ancient Voices-Extended' are incredible pieces of music and are without a doubt the best tracks on the CD (Though 'Tally The Votes' and 'Survivor Yell' are right behind them). 'Buzzed' is a little annoying (It's the same flippin' beat over and over again), but you've still got 18 others to choose from. It's amazing; you just put the CD into your player and you're transported right back to Pulau Tiga, (though it's a pity Colleen isn't here with me! What can I say; she's hot and so is this disc!) Even if your not a fan of the show, or you've nver seen it before, this CD is well worth the price, purely because it's GREAT MUSIC!!
on March 2, 2009
This soundtrack takes me back to the Survivor days of yesteryear. I bought this because I was a fan of the show, and I can't stop playing it. From the first track to the last, you'll remember all the best moments of "Survivor" history. I personally still choke up every time I listen to "Tally The Vote". This is one of those "gotta-have-it" Soundtracks that will be a GREAT addition to your collection. I HIGHLY recommend this CD, whether You're a true-blue "Survivor" fan, or are just discovering the Show for the first time.
on October 11, 2000
I bought it being the HUGE survivor fan and was at first dissapointed. I skipped to the ones I quickly recognized. I was kinda dissapointed at first. And then I really listened and love it all. Yeah, there are a few that are ok, but most are really musical. If you don't typically buy sound tracks, this may not be for you either. Otherwise - I recommend it!
on April 15, 2002
RUSS LANDAU AND DAVID VANACORE DID A WONDERFUL JOB ON THIS CD. SURVIVOR IS THE ULTIMATE TV SHOW AND THE CD, HAS MUSIC ON IT THAT REALLY TAKES YOU BACK TO THE ISLAND "PALAU TIGIA" WHERE IT ALL STARTED. THE CD.HAS MUSIC THAT KEEPS THE SURVIVOR IN ALL OF US ALIVE
on August 31, 2000
This is a brilliant piece of work! The music brings up images in your mind from the TV show. You can listen to it over & over again. This is a must not only for Survivor fans but for the great diverse music that everyone can appreciate. THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN!