Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 346 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2012 7:35:57 AM PDT
Love the track list. Love that it's been moved up a week to Nov. 13. It's really hard to wait. We've been wanting to hear that soaring voice again for so long. Hooray! Sony finally got the message.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 10:35:41 AM PDT
Agree about the track list!! I don't know why the album is not the first one listed under Susan's name, however. It is the newest one available. This album is going to be a blockbuster for certain. Donny Osmond has a great message on his blog about the album.
http://donny.com/2012/10/donny-osmond-featured-susan-boyles-upcoming-cd/

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 4:50:18 PM PDT
Here is the track list:

STANDING OVATION: THE GREATEST SONGS FROM THE STAGE
1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
2. The Winner Takes It All
3. Send In The Clowns
4. The Music Of The Night (featuring Michael Crawford)
5. Bring Him Home
6. Memory
7. As Long As He Needs Me
8. All I Ask Of You (featuring Donny Osmond)
9. Out Here On My Own
10. You'll Never Walk Alone
11. This Is The Moment (featuring Donny Osmond)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 5:29:17 PM PDT
I tell you, I've just been listening to "The Winner Takes It All" on Youtube. Wow!! What a song for Susan's voice. Spectacular.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:55:46 PM PDT
Clix Pix says:
Surely you realize that "The Winner Takes It All" is an old ABBA song that was popular long before the musical based on ABBA's songs, "Mamma Mia!" ? I've got it on the ABBA GOLD album.... Speaking of old ABBA tunes, Susan could do a super job with "Thank You For the Music." That one would be perfect for her!

Aside from the fact that strictly speaking, "The Winner Takes It All" is not really a song that originated in musical theatre but was brought into it later, just as was the song from "Fame," I am sure that Susan will knock this one out right out of the ballpark. There are some real gems (not necessarily "THE Greatest Songs from the Stage," though) on this track listing and I am eager to hear them all! I especially look forward to Susan's treatment of "Send in the Clowns" and "Bring Him Home," along with "Memory." This should be one fantastic album!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 7:33:33 AM PDT
Haha, CP. You'd be surprised how little I "realize" about the music of the last 20-30 years. You have far more knowledge and experience than I. So I'll take your point and agree with you about the songs we're both excited to hear. Oh, frabjous day!!

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:18:38 AM PDT
Clix Pix says:
I'm really looking forward to the album -- and I have the feeling that even people who don't care for musical theatre will like this. I predict that "Standing Ovation" will be a very good seller!

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 4:54:53 PM PDT
SigmaAlphaMu says:
Is The Music of the Night going to be a duet? It's not a duet in the musical.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:23:42 PM PDT
Yes, it is. You're right about the musical, but I believe Michael Crawford has sung it as a duet in concerts, so this is by no means a first.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 6:44:52 PM PDT
SigmaAlphaMu says:
k, thanks. That will be different

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 7:06:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 10, 2013 11:15:41 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 8:06:53 PM PDT
SigmaAlphaMu says:
That's going to be so wicked. I pre-ordered a copy just for that duet.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 9:57:32 PM PDT
Clix Pix says:
Barbra Streisand does a duet of "MOTN" with Michael Crawford and that is on YouTube.... Personally, I prefer the song as originally conceived: a solo; also I prefer Michael Crawford singing it, although others have done well with it, too. Jackie Evancho sings it on her new album and she does beautifully with it, but for me it's still not the same as Michael Crawford singing it.....

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:59:05 AM PDT
Ol Phil here,

Well folks it's a finally gettin here. Track list looks mighty fine and Miss Boyle should do well. I kindna like the young lady's comments. Yup, The Winner Takes It All

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 11:21:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 12:34:01 PM PDT
Realmusiklvr says:
Susan Boyle fans have had a whole lot of treats this year with her great performances and pictures every time she shows up just about anywhere. And even that isn't enough for us. The twinkle in her eye says it all when it comes to making fans happy. She is having a great journey and that makes it great for fans. This picture is so nice.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/susan-boyle-and-donny-osmond-duet-1361490

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 12:32:25 PM PDT
Sher says:
You said it so well! Lovely to see her so happy and enjoying her career and life. People who attend the musical are so moved and are overjoyed when her schedule allows her to perform. I was thrilled to see her perform two nights after the musical and it was indeed magical and something I'll never forget.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 11:01:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012 1:44:11 PM PDT
Sorry to have to cut in with a little troll announcement, but I think it is necessary at this point, just so you are all aware of the troll amongst us, who has multiple aliases. Our little troll friend, formerly known as JA Lebentritt and Sam, amongst other names, is now posting as SigmaAlphaMu (extended version of SAM), A Customer, kevin :bunky", and English Bulldog. She is using four aliases right now. Yes, it turns out that she is also English Bulldog. She has been playing a little game with us by using him to support Susan and act as an ally to us. Her latest little game is to try to make me out to be one of her aliases. She thinks she is so slick. Please just IGNORE her. Do not respond to her or engage her in any way. Her main goal is attention, so please do not give her any. Unfortunately, her vindictiveness has gone as far as giving people on this thread multiple "no" votes. It is hard to believe she is a 59 year old woman with two grown children, acting as she does. Absolutely pitiful. See the following thread if you want to read further info about her... http://tinyurl.com/92sozxk

P.S. She is trying hard to discredit me below. Her lack of supportive and sincere Susan discussion speaks for itself. Thank you for ignoring her!!! Sorry to disrupt this thread! Carry on with the Susan discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 4:15:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012 4:29:04 AM PDT
A Customer says:
SoBo fans, books-n-music has gone off the deep end. Just read his latest posts. Need I say more?

P.S. I thought this thread is about Susan Boyle. Just read the title: Susan's Standing Ovation. Why is book-n-music posting his troll rant here?

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 5:37:16 AM PDT
Sher says:
I don't see it posted here but Susan will be performing a duet with Donny Osmond on Dancing With The Stars Tuesday Oct.16 at 8 pm EST.
I'm really looking forward to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 6:50:58 AM PDT
isn't that the date that Placido Domingo's CD releases, with his duet with Susan? Sounds like Sony is getting double bang for it's buck.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 7:59:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 10, 2013 11:15:24 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:46:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 4, 2012 2:09:57 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 8:55:41 AM PDT
Thank you, ILuvMusic!! There's too much good news about Susan right now to be bothered with naysayers and interrupters! I am really looking forward to her album! I love show tunes and stage songs. They always have beautiful melodies and meaningful lyrics and they do well to showcase the voice, of which Susan has a beautiful voice to show! ;-)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:57:32 AM PDT
Sher says:
Yes, interesting about Oct.16 for the DWTS appearance with Donny and also Placido Domingo's release of "Songs".
Understand PD is doing Jay Leno on 10/10.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 12:36:01 PM PDT
Clix Pix says:
It makes sense to me the way they've done things, with Placido Domingo singing a duet from his album with Katherine Jenkins; they have sung together in person in the past and of course it promotes his album. In the meantime, we've learned that Susan will be singing a duet from her album -- with Donny Osmond. Again, this makes sense because Susan and Donny have sung together in person while making the recordings of the two tracks and I'd think that would be easier all the way around than appearing on television to sing a duet with someone you've never met until rehearsal. Not to mention, of course, Susan's well-known affection for Donny. This must seem like such an impossible dream that has now actually true for her -- wow, singing with someone she has idolized since childhood! I am guessing that they'll do "All I Ask of You," since Donny has already previously recorded "This is the Moment" as a single on one of his albums.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  346
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Standing Ovation: The Greatest Songs From The Stage
Standing Ovation: The Greatest Songs From The Stage by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (720)