Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on April 1, 2007
This is a wonderful product. It would be great if the mat were sold seperately as the nigiri sushi can easily be done by hand after a little practice. I would definitely reccommend this product to anyone interested in preparing sushi on a regular basis. I started out by using cellophane wrap over a traditional rolling mat before the sushi magic was purchased and got quite frustrated when trying to make inside out rolls. The silicone mat solves this problem by being very "non-stick" and allowing several rolls to be done in succssion without cleaning it in between.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2006
It doesn't matter if you are a professional Sushi Chef or just an amateur preparing your first sushi roll - Express Home Sushi Maker is deffinitely a product to buy! I made 6 rolls of different sushi in less than an hour (this was the first time in my life to make sushi) and it looked (and tasted) like from a first Class Sushi Bar.

I also ordered Sushi Ingredients Kit from Food Adventures and all ingredients were excellent and they shipped the items very fast. I highly recommend them.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2009
Harold Import Inc 93979 "FOOD ADVENTURES" SUSHI MAGIC KIT

I have to admit I was skeptical when I first saw the online infomercial for the SushiMagic. After reading several positive reviews here on amazon, I decided to give it a try, but I'm also really not talented at this kind of thing so I figured my luck with it would be mediocre at best. I was definitely proven wrong! Within a few minutes of my SushiMagic's arrival, I was ready to roll, literally!

Keep in mind, I've never made sushi before in my life, so I'm as blank of a slate as you can get when it comes to proving if this thing works like it claims to. Indeed it does.

Assembly and cleaning are very simple and once I got the hang of it my rolls were coming out great. I could not recommend this product more highly, since I tend to spend a good deal of money on restaurant sushi every month. Now I'll be making it at home a lot more often.

I've posted a pictures of one of my first rolls, hope this review encourages someone to give it a try, you'll definitely not regret it.
review image
on August 9, 2008
I think this is quite the novelty for mass producing a variety of sushi treats. I create reasons to use it. I have several devices, finding this one the most convenient, simple and utilitarian. I recommend it highly. (30May2010) I would say that I would hold the same opinion if the Sushezi hadn't come out. Although, this product is good, I would opt for the Sushezi which I use everyday, practically. Go Sushezi.
on May 20, 2008
I am in love with my sushi magic! I have never made sushi at home before and was a little intimidated when I read about rolling with bamboo mats, but this tool is awesome! It rolls so nicely. The rice doesn't stick to the mat, the rolls are tight, and the inside out rolls are just as nice as the ones I buy at restuarants! I have used the nigiri mold but it isn't as fun as the sushi mat. I paired it with the sushi for dummies book and have already had a party for my sushi loving friends. Yum!
on July 13, 2007
As I am not as much of a sushi person as my husband, I can now make HIM sushi at home while having encheladas (his least favorite, my ABSOLUTE fav) a great compremise (-: this product is very versitile, and as long as you don't overfill the rolling unit, is VERY simple to use, I got it on the first try!
on September 28, 2011
Price was fair, shipping was fast. The product itself is cheap - the handle always comes apart when rolling sushi. I have tried the Nigiri part yet. The mat gets sticky and dirty from rolling one sushi and you can't simply wipe down - you have to wash off. I am wondering if I would have been better off with a bamboo rolling mat??? Vendor was easy to deal with and no complaints on their behalf. Okay product - a little disappointed at the "cheapness" of it.
on September 24, 2007
I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because it says you can make sushi with this without using Nori. When we tried it without the Nori, it fell apart...yes we were using the correct rice and it is very sticky. However, with the Nori to help hold it all together, we have made many delicious sushi rolls.
on August 25, 2011
This set makes very tight Sushi Rolls, also will make the inside-out rolls, using this silicone mat system. If I had to narrow down to the best sushi maker, SUSHI MAGIC is 'THE ONE.' We lost our Sushi Magic set when we recently moved,we loved it so much that I have ordered another one.

With SUSHI MAGIC All the Rolls are Round and all look the same, therefore I also use some of 'the other' popular systems and sets, for example the heart shaped mold, for added variety of shapes and sizes. Sushezi Sushi Made Easy and Sushi Master Sushi Maker These are the 2 sets I use in addition to SUSHI MAGIC.

This is the best Sushi maker ever, and deserves the BEST SUSHI RICE RECEPIE(the rice only) I stumbled apon in this book! Sushi For Dummies

SUSHI MAGIC is the easiest and only system that I know of for making 'in-side-out' rolls. The system is well designed thought out and worth every penny.
on March 12, 2008
It works just like they say it does. Sushi Magic is perfect for anyone who isn't sure they can make sushi rolls with a bamboo mat. This product (brand new)comes with full instructions with pictures making it easy to figure out how to use it. I would recommend Sushi Magic to anyone who loves sushi, but doesn't want to pay outrageous prices at restaurants and grocery stores.