Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 12, 2005
I got this book based on a recommendation from the Washington Post. It's small (actual pocket size) and sturdy. I found it a bit hard to open all the way. The first 20 pages or so list sushi etiquette and tells what is happening behind the sushi bar. The next 50 pages is the part of the book that let me down the most. There is only one piece of sushi per page with a picture, the japanese spelling and pronounciation, the 'dumbed down' definition, and a brief description. The book also mentions if the piece is vegetarian or if it has been cooked.

It covers most of the sushi that I have had in my lifetime (I'm fairly adventurous) and not too much else. I think the book could have been made less than an inch bigger so that two pieces could fit on a page.

It's a pretty good book, but I think it could have been more in depth. If you don't know anything about sushi, it's a good start. I think if you've been to the sushi bar half a dozen times, then you probably won't get too much use of it.
on March 20, 2006
Why is it so hard to find a good sushi book? I first came across this gem in a novelty shop and to my surprise, fell in love. This book is a graphic designers dream and will apeal such people as much as to raw fish eaters. This pocket guide is a museum piece and a must for any book collector. I was a bit put-off by its tiny size but some would argue it adds to its charm.
on September 30, 2014
Very helpful to someone new to Sushi!
on December 10, 2015
Great book on sushi. So cute and little too.
on February 21, 2015
This pocket guide is extremely short. It is hardly worth spending money for it. Basically, there just isn't very much content.