5.0 out of 5 stars Absurdly Overcomplicated But Good
The book keeps you racing from chapter to chapter, but when you take a breather you start thinking, My God, this book has too many twists. It would be enough if we had a slower story with the hero trying to deal with the onset of Parkinson's. It would be enough to read a novel in which the middle-aged hero has to come to terms with his surgeon father's apparent...
Published on October 25, 2004 by Kevin Killian

2.0 out of 5 stars Average in every respect.
I was recommended this book by my mum, who said it was the best thriller she had read. So I was quite excited about sitting down with this tale of a psychologist who finds himself caught up in a conspiracy and framed for a murder. However, when it took some 200 pages to get to the first twist, my excitement had well and truly died. While the elements are all laid out...
Published on September 10, 2005 by Mr. Phillips

‹ Previous | 15 6 711 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Book One of this series, November 12, 2014
Loved Book One of this series! Pleasantly surprised to discover that the protagonist is a psychologist with a background in medicine and not a detective or a lawyer ! The characters are well-defined and the narrative is detailed, intricate with fascinating and surprising twists throughout. Since the series is set in England, it's interesting to discover the many differences between American English and British English. I intend to go on to the next book. Bravo Michael Robotham!

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Patterson, Gerritsen, and the rest...., February 23, 2005
This review is from: The Suspect (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of the thriller genre and in particular of James Patterson and of Tess Gerritsen, but I've got to tell you that Michael Robotham's "Suspect" is one of the best thrillers I've ever read! I love the characters! I love the local color! Reading the book was like listening to a friend tell a very engrossing, very frightening story! I couldn't put it down...I read the whole thing in one sitting! I can't wait for "LOST"! Mr. Robotham has a fan!

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow moving, August 16, 2014
Blah. The protagonist spends a lot of time feeling sorry for himself. Set in London but the writer is not a Brit and you can tell. Moves at a glacial pace. As is the norm these days, the protagonist has an ailment that we are treated to periodically to give him "character" I suppose. I only gave it three stars because my phone app refuses to accept a two-star rating. Pretty sneaky Amazon. You should ask me about Karin Slaughter's TripTych. That's 5 real stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, December 30, 2006
This review is from: Suspect (Hardcover)
"Suspect" fits my definition of an excellent mystery novel: it's rich with background, precisely plotted, and populated with interesting, multi-dimensional characters. It's certainly not a 'no brainer' novel, though--devious, cunning minds are at work in this book and the reader must be alert and attentive to detail. But the reward is that when you've finished the book, you understand more about the human psychology of love and of hate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stayed up way too late, February 6, 2011
This review is from: Suspect (Hardcover)
reading this exciting psychological thriller. Haven't done that since I stayed up reading the Handmaid's Tale years ago. Brilliant plot, sympathetic characters with major flaws, but all this keeps the story moving and makes the book hard to put down. I read Lost first, but glad to find this first book and reading out of order doesn't compromise the experience. Sad to finish the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing read, April 20, 2014
As usual extremely well written. Complicated ,but well thought out plot.Some really evil happenings to the good guy.Michael Robotham at his best.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome book. full of excitement, March 15, 2014
Love Michael Robotham. He is a fantastic crime writer. Love all of the characters in his books. He has so much talent and cant wait for his next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Master Storyteller, March 12, 2014
Another great read, great characters .
Builds to a great crescendo and again could not put it down. Highly reccomeded

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Suspect (Paperback)
Always enjoy this author's writing and am gradually working my way through all his books. Very entertaining-I highly recommend him

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp fast paced enthralling read, November 23, 2013
Brilliant book. Keeps you guessing all the way through. Well written. The characters are entirely believable and you can emphathise with them

‹ Previous | 15 6 711 | Next ›

Suspect
Suspect by Michael Robotham (Hardcover - 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01