5.0 out of 5 stars Covers everything...
Published on September 16, 2008 by K. Matty

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not teach much about sustainable construction
Published on December 16, 2010 by Tommy Phileros

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not teach much about sustainable construction, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, Second Edition (Hardcover)
This book by Kibert might be fine as a a LEED test prep manual, but if you actually want to learn how to design a sustainable building, this book is quite poor. For instance, this book's entire section on passive solar design is only about seven pages long, versus several long chapters in other books. Seven pages is barely an introduction, definitely not enough information to design with. If the title had been "LEED Prep Manual", I might have given this book more stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers everything..., September 16, 2008
K. Matty (San Diego,Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Since I am the 1st person to review this book, I want to just say that I started with a smaller book that gave me the basics of green architecture, terminology and the run down on LEED and the USGBC. Next I followed up with this book and I must say that this book was EXTREMELY informative and covered everything in some way. Most of it was covered in detail and what wasnt covered in detail was touched upon, so you had an understanding of every aspect. I would recommend this book to ANYONE who is starting out towards LEED Accredation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, June 12, 2009
This is a textbook required for my green design 2 class. It provides a huge amount of statistics and green construction methods. Compared to other books about sustainable construction, this one seems much more informative and looks at the real issues behind WHY we should be using sustainable construction.

3.0 out of 5 stars good general information book - at a great used price, August 14, 2014
Robert Chenoweth (LEXINGTON, VA, US) - See all my reviews
Good basic book - covers a lot of information in general terms & may provide you with enough info to direct further research. I got it used at a very good price, so It's a great addition to my library as a general catchall filler - If you want to crunch the numbers for solar heat loads or get the answer for what your new homes wall construction should be - this is not it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text book, December 25, 2009
David Allan West (Gainesville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
It's no light reading, but for someone new to sustainability and/or sustainable construction this book provides a well rounded and balanced discussion of the topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, Second Edition, October 11, 2009
This is a very useful book. I will recommend this book to the students and the professional for their reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 15, 2011
Great book and service!! The book got to me just in time for school to start, due to my late purchasing. Again, wonderful service!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Service, March 10, 2011
I ordered this book on Saturday and within two days it was at door step. I didn't have any problems receiving this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 28, 2010
thanks, this is a great book. It taught me a lot about green building and construction and it got me an A in my class!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sustainable Construction, November 9, 2008
A Kid's Review
This book was specified to me as a textbook by our professor for preparation of LEED examination. I feel the book is a great source of learning and is highly recommended along with any other prep materials from LEED. At Amazon.com i found a reduced price for the book and as a student i was able to afford it. Infact i was delivered the book when i was just a day after i ordered it which worked out fine for me as i needed the book urgently.

Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, Second Edition