Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

This is a great product in a 90 day supply. 1 billion cells of Ganeden in one pill! This stuff leveled out my IBS and cramps in three days. At 50 cents a day, I am very happy to have tons of bacteria taking care of my digestive system. The stuff really works. I can't wait to see what 3 months will bring. I feel a lot better. Thanks - Sustenex!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon January 31, 2008
Let me preface this by saying that I am a firm believer in probiotics and regularly take kefir and enhanced yogurt as a part of my daily diet. So when I got my 30 day supply, I really didn't notice a difference. All I can say is that I feel good, have not been sick (everyone in my office has had colds) and everything seems to be working fine down there. I will say that I've been slightly more gassy after starting with the Sustenex supplements, but I can't say for sure they are the cause -- though I suspect they may be.

So let me just focus on the pro's here:

1. Convenience - it is easier to take a capsule than eat a container of yogurt. No refrigeration needed.
2. Calories - 0 vs. the 150 calories in 8oz of plain yogurt.
3. Sugar Free - Even plain yogurt has sugar, this doesn't.
4. Right kind of bacteria -- many yogurts don't have the proper mix of bacteria to promote intestinal health.
5. Targeted - the probiotics make it to the small intestine while those in food may be destroyed in the stomach.
6. Price - at about 50¢ a serving, this is a good deal.

Now you won't get the other dietary benefits that you get with a good dairy product, but then again that is not why you are getting this, right? If you don't mind investing a little time, this home Kefir making kit is another good way to go. Kefir Starter Kit by Body Ecology Diet - Makes up to 42 Gallons of High Grade Kefir!

To summarize, I've been happy with the results. But the only way to know for sure it to try it yourself.

UPDATE: I just finished my 30 day supply and I have to say that right after writing this review, the gassy aspect passed. Perhaps because I started taking it with a fiber supplement, who knows. I do know this though. Almost everyone at my office and all of my family had colds this past month. I did not. Did the Sustenex boost my immunse system and help me ward off illness. Perhaps. I think next time I'll get the 90 day supply.
on September 21, 2012
I started using Sustenex over 2 years ago and I would not give it up for anything! The benefits of using this product are many. The hard shell protects the probiotic so it can reach the intestines to do its work. I experienced bloating and always a full feeling. I also experienced heart burn and some indigestion. But after taking Sustenex, I became regular, I lost at least 6 pounds around my middle, and have not had a bacterial infection in all this time! I don't experience that full feeling everytime I eat and I've kept the weight off. Make sure to drink a full glass of water when you take it. I've recommended it to many of my friends and my husband. They have all been very happy with it!
on August 8, 2008
I have suffered from a hiatal hernia and GERD for years. After receiving a sample of Sustenex from my pharmacy, it made sense that good bacteria would benefit any digestive problem. (I have several fish tanks and if I am over zealous in cleaning and destroy too much of the good bacteria, the fish suffer). I have used it daily now for two months and have not had to resort to any SSIs or prescription drugs while on this supplement. It makes more sense to me to take probiotics rather than chemicals found in prescription drugs. I am very happy with this product and plan on continuing it for as long as necessary.
on July 17, 2016
It seemed to me that it helped my digestion by keeping me regular. I have used it for several years, and if I go off it for a while, it seems as though I feel the difference very definitely. Always aware that I can't offer any hard evidence, and others might not get the same result. But I really think it works for me.
on July 7, 2013
I can not have lactose. I would have gas for everything I ate everyday or so it felt like it. I have added Advantage Probiotics to my daily routine and more water and my digestive system has been great.
on December 16, 2010
I've had stomach issues for a long time (since I was little) and when I saw this at the Drugstore I thought i'd give it a try. This product worked for me. I took it daily for around 3 months and my stomach issues (IBS symptoms) stopped. I highly recommend this product to anyone who's had digestive issues. I also hate eating yogurt, so this is a great alternative.
on October 9, 2008
About the only thing this stuff did was give me gas. I took it for a full three months and noticed no tangible positive effect.
on October 28, 2008
I have suffered with IBS w/ constipation for years. I have tried other things to try and alleviate my symptoms including prescription medications. Nothing has worked as well as Sustenex. It is easy to take, doesn't require any special storage and is a natural way to take care of a very necessary system. I had a little gas initially, but once that resolved I have had no problems.
on October 6, 2011
This product really worked for me. I also love the fact that it is more affordable than other probiotics and it does not need to be refrigerated. No muse, no fuss I take one tablet in the morning and I avoid many of the stomach issues I dealt with most of my life. Sustenx is a fantastic product.