4.0 out of 5 stars Something Which I Can Drink To
This alcohol-removed wine is really good. Even my family members able to drink are impressed with the body. The care and quality put into the product is what makes people want to continue using it. It is something which we will definetly continue using.
Published on December 27, 2009 by Robin Orlowski

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Too much like grape fruit juice.
Published 26 days ago by Grover

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Which I Can Drink To, December 27, 2009
This review is from: Sutter Home, Wine Fre Merlot, 25.36 OZ (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, November 27, 2013
We gave up alcohol so it is fun to have something palate cleansing like this alcohol-removed wine. We like Fre's Merlot, but we recently tried Fre 2012 Red Blend and it was less than great. The highest praise we could muster was 'It's okay'. But the Merlot is another story - it is quite pleasant, good bouquet, interesting accents/tastes through to the finish. Does it compare to the finest wines - no, but does it compare to the wine most folks enjoy regularly, and I'd guess, yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars More, Please., October 25, 2013
I am not a person who consumes alcohol, only sniffing the bottles and wondering why people I know who do are so eager for something that smells so strong and unappealing. However, I have had a recent curiosity for wine and its refined reputation. I was happy there were options out there and I first learned about Ariel Vineyards (but I can only order that online with a hefty shipping cost). I wanted to try a non-alcoholic wine now (!), finding out about this brand and its widespread availability here in my city in neighborhoods I both live and work in.

Of all the Fre varietals, this Merlot and the Red piqued my interest. I could only get the former today and tried it in a Luigi Bormioli all-purpose glass with some pizza, a suggestion they give on the wine's page of their official site. I ended up with a 2011 bottle with a screw cap. I must say it does stand out as a good beverage. Also, it smells rich and boozy but isn't, which is fine by me. I will agree with a user who recently commented about the body... it is quite pleasant. It fills the whole mouth and remains for some time. I am glad I can have an upscale drinking experience without compromising anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars great taste, October 11, 2013
I am very impressed with this wine and I don't agree with people who say its like grape juice with balsamic vinger. It is one of the best alcahol free wine ever. I intend to keep on drinking it. Thanks Shutter Home Keep up the good work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 5, 2014
Too much like grape fruit juice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love but buy locally, April 4, 2014
Liking this one a lot along with the white and Moscato. The Chardonnay is ok. Not a fan of the red, too bitter. This Merlot has a nice smooth not bitter or too sweet flavor. I've never liked real wines or hard alcoholic drinks so keep that in mind when choosing this product. Friends have said these are too sweet for them. I like this better than sparkling cider. Local grocery store just started stocking this one for $5.95 each. Amazon is too pricey.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fre Merlot = Grape juice + Balsamic vinegar, March 4, 2012
As the title says, this "Fre Merlot" tastes like watered-down grape juice with a splash of balsamic vinegar in it.

So, you could probably make something similar-tasting yourself by doing exactly that in your own kitchen, and save some $.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watered-down Welchs Grape Juice at best, June 9, 2011
I bought a bottle of this at my local liquor store and just cracked it open. I was surprised to see that it had an actual cork in it and required a bottle opener. I thought that was a good sign, but no. I have tasted their champagne and chardonnay so far and both of those were good. But I'll never buy this Merlot again. It really tastes like watered-down grape juice.

I still have the "white wine" to sample, but so far this one gets crossed of the shopping list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Amazing, January 23, 2010
I saw a TV show about how they make this wine and it was very amazing!! I soon hope to use it in my cooking and see how well it works in food.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Grape Juice, March 8, 2014
ACE (New York) - See all my reviews
This is not wine minus the alcohol - it is grape juice with a false label. Wasted my hared eared money.

Sutter Home, Wine Fre Merlot, 25.36 OZ (Pack of 6)
$74.97
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies