5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch
Published 8 months ago by Steve Coan

3.0 out of 5 stars A good effort
Mainly giving this item 3 stars because of it's high cost vs. its somewhat rudimentary functionality. The bezel should also be made out of a harder, more scratch resistant material since this is a hard core sports watch. Everything on this watch is "O.K.", but I based on the salesman, I was expecting a much more sophisticated functionality and customization...
Published 17 months ago by J. D. Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Suunto Ambit2 Fitness Watch with HR Monitor: Saphire (Sports)
What else can I say? With this wrist-top computer I can monitor my heart rate, training intensity, distance, lap distance, pace, ascent/descent, and beers-burned-off in real-time. I thought that would be enough, and didn't really see the benefit of saving all my exercise events to the integrated website (movescount.com), but it's a real value to look at the dynamic graphs showing my course map and all that real time data plotted together (I either walk, run, hiit, or backpack for a workout). I especially like being able to highlight just a segment of my workout to see how it compares. Another thing I'm using it for is monitoring my heart rate while I sleep. My resting heart rate has been pretty low lately, and I have been keeping an eye on it. With a user-submitted "sleepwell" app that I downloaded, I'm collecting heart-rate-while-sleeping patterns. It's beautiful. It's durable. Even though it's on the larger side it is very well designed and does not rub my wrist-bone sore or get sweat-stuck to me (unlike the Casio G-Shock I ordered and sent back about a decade ago). A lot of great design work went into this product--both hardware and software. I have zero buyer's remorse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch. Buggy Software., February 10, 2015
I've had the watch for several months now. The battery life, accuracy and watch are all excellent. There are two issues that make the experience of owning this watch less than satisfactory. 1) Movescount, the Suunto software you must use to upload activities is terrible. It routinely fails and can be down for days at a time leaving you unable to upload runs. 2) The cable to connect the watch to the computer to download has broken. Considering I've only used it 30 or so times, to have broken all ready is unacceptable.

Over all I would recommend the watch. However, if you are someone who likes to upload your runs daily the software and cable issues are something to consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Recommend, September 17, 2014
Fantastic, with a very simple interface, but it seems to me that you can only configure via computer. Out this little detail, the watch offers numerous possibilities for settings and simplified form. The GPS is very good, works in seconds, sometimes even instantly. The battery life is also very good. No use of GPS, I loaded the clock after 23 days and still pointed me remaining 30% of the battery. In short, I recommend the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch ever, October 29, 2014
Just love this hardware. While build-in functionality is "ok", the ability to write my own apps (or download them) allows my to store my own advanved training programs on the watch and control multiple parameters during my training sessions (e.g. heart rate, pace, cadence for long runs, interval training etc.) performance in real time.

5.0 out of 5 stars It has a good battery life, October 12, 2014
Does everything required. It has a good battery life, an intuitive interface, and enough (but not too many) features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thewatch is great, November 17, 2014
The watch is great. It does everything it is said to do. However the Movescount software is not very good. After a month of going back and forth with Suunto support ( terrible, by the way) I could not get a Win 7 machine to work with it. Checking the web, it seems a lot of other people experience this issue too. There is no way to download your data without Movescount, I'd like to be able to discover it as a USB device, like a camera, if the supplied software isn't working. I finally got Movescount to work, by installing it on an old XP laptop with no antivirus protection at all. Excellent on the watch, fail on the software.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Chinese buyer, it did not expect ..., December 8, 2014
I am a Chinese buyer, it did not expect to be so well received goods, will support the Amazon! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it is great! It's a gift for my husband, December 15, 2014
I received the watch yesterday,I think it is great!It's a gift for my husband,I think he will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, September 17, 2013
Run about three miles four times a week and battery still at 37% from initial full charge on August 26, 2013; GPS set at 1 second recording. Just need to use the other functions to truly get my moneys worth.

Note: Fast GPS and heart rate monitor acquisition.

Future wish: Bluetooth connectivity or ANT+ to sync data with computer or smart phone.

Improvement/calibration: Auto lap does not measure at .25 miles intervals, it rounds to whole number at .3 miles (works with kilometers at .4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch ever!!!!!, July 28, 2014
Love this hardware best in class for this type of watch!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›