5.0 out of 5 stars Read your owners manual
I have to agree with the other reviewer who said that people are not looking at their watch or reading their owners manual to determine which battery their watch takes. The product description clearly states what watches this kit is for. This one is obviously for the Vector, X-Lander, S-Lander, ltimax, Yahtsman, Mariner and Regatta.

If you look at the battery...
Published on May 30, 2008 by William J. Bennett

1.0 out of 5 stars knockoff?
Battery did not fit properly, it seems just a bit too small. I noticed when I first tried to install the battery that it kept popping out.

After I eventually got it in, I kept having trouble with the watch going blank.

I eventually solved the problem by attaching a small bit of dense foam to the top of the battery before closing the case...
Published on December 3, 2012 by Chuck

5.0 out of 5 stars Read your owners manual, May 30, 2008

If you look at the battery compartment cover on the back of your watch for any of the above listed models you will see that there is just a slot to use a coin to take off the cover. The other models of SUUNTO watches have this slot and two holes or detents.

Come on...look at the picture people.

You can only blame yourself after you read the manual and look at the picture.

1.0 out of 5 stars knockoff?, December 3, 2012

After I eventually got it in, I kept having trouble with the watch going blank.

It has kept the battery tight to the electrical contacts in the watch and I have had no more losses of data / time.

After the repeated removal of the top, the 'O' ring went junk. finlly got the original back in and no leaks so far.

I would suggest paying a little more and purchasing a name brand battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Process of replacing the battery is the key,, July 2, 2014
Replacement kit is o.k., the process of actually using it to replace your battery is the key. First, very lightly "notch/mark the point on the watch and the old cover where the battery come out of its slot. Then, I HIGHLY recommend you clean the back of the watch thoroughly, particularly the threads that the battery cover uses. Then use (just a little) vaseline on the battery cover gasket . Place the battery in the holder on the watch back. Be extremely careful to place the cover in the same orientation as the one you removed and using a quarter, or "stubby" screwdriver, sloooowly turn the cover into the slot, watching to make sure the gasket doesn't "bunch up" as you turn it. If it bunches up, back the cover out immediately and smooth the gasket out making sure you have a bit of vaseline on the place it bunched up. Repeat inserting and placing the cover. Good luck, so far my batting average for a good placement is 2 out of 3 over the past 8 years,

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., January 11, 2012
It's great to be able to replace the battery compartment cover and o-ring while replacing the battery. It has kept my Vector working for over 10 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Suunto Bsttery Change Kit, March 24, 2008
Suunto Wrist-Top Computer Watch Suunto Wrist-Top Computer Watch Replacement Battery Kit (Vector, Advizor, X-Lander, S-Lander, Altimax, Yachtsman, Mariner, Regatta)This watch belonged to a friend of mine and when he passed away, his daughters gave me the watch. He tried to change the battery and apparently thought that the battery door screwed out like a bottle cap with the result it was all gouged out. I ordered this kit and while it took me awhile to get the old door out because the old door was all chewed up, the battery and the new door went in easily and the watch now works and looks like new. This is a great idea to put the door and the battery in a kit as I am sure my friend isn't the only one to destroy the cap in trying to change the battery. Owners of the watch using this kit need only to look at the back of the watch and they will see that the door is marked to show that it is twisted slightly and it then can be lifted out.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery and a cap, December 3, 2013
What's not to love. It's a battery and an o-ringed battery compartment cap for the watch. This comment is directed to Suunto, why can I not be able to buy the o-ring and not the whole assembly. I have a hand full of old caps that only need a new o-ring, if I knew the correct size and other things like could I use a neoprene o-ring, could I apply o-ring grease to extend the life of the 0-ring. O-rings become flattened, deformed, brittle, and loose elasticity over time. Maybe Suunto is already using neoprene, but I wouldn't know. Another thing Suunto used to offer a kit whereby I could replace the rotating bezel, but no longer. I have to sent the watch back to Suunto or a facility for a user serviceable item. Maybe Suunto ought to bring back the bezel kit. Still the battery kit is everything it says it is, so I give it a fiver

3.0 out of 5 stars Must have if replacing battery on Suunto Vector, September 29, 2012
Porkee Peeg (Santa Cruz, California) - See all my reviews
The drawback on the Suunto Vector watches is the battery lid/cover rubber O-ring. Once you open the battery compartment the O-ring expands making it impossible to re-tighten the lid/cover with the O-ring on to keep it water tight. Sucks that you are forced to buy a cover & O-ring when all one needs is a battery replacement. And be sure you do it right the first time or the NEW dumb O-ring expands once the lid/cover is tightened.

So do I give 5 *'s because it does what it is supposed to do, or 3 *'s because you're buying unnecessary parts because of poor design quality. I chose the latter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great but cannot figure out why its so expensive, November 11, 2012
Works great and its a factory part. But cannot figure out the high cost. Its a $2 battery you can get anywhere with a small plastic cover and o ring. The plastic cover and o ring cannot cost more than a few cents to make. A few years back, these cost $6 at REI, now REI only sells the battery for $2. MAKE SURE you put some type of lubricant on the o ring when inserting. Or the o ring could bind and twist out. Silicone grease is the best, but last time i used a VERY SMALL touch of dishwasher liquid to lube the ring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect fit., June 5, 2013
These components fit and look like OEM. The listing number for the battery is incorrect on Amazon, but the battery that came with the kit was the correct battery. No issues at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly!, March 2, 2012
Geoff F. "Geoff" (ANNISTON, ALABAMA, US) - See all my reviews
I have had my sunnto since 2001 and I have replaced the battery probably 3 times. Each time I have been very happy with the way that the battery fits and last. I use my watch for everything. It fits perfect for a Suunto Vector!