Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$26.05 - $56.38

on November 16, 2012
My Garmin ANT Stick was 'stick'ing out of my laptop's USB port and got bent to breaking when the laptop fell on it's side. While this was the first time in recent memory that such a thing has happened to my laptop, in the same situation the compact, stubby Suunto Movestick Mini would not have busted. I slid it into the USB port and opened up the Garmin ANT Agent and it recognized the Movestick almost immediately. Now I synch my Garmin 910XT using Suunto's ANT device instead of Garmin's junky, clunky stick. Totally recommend you join me.

Credit to DC Rainmaker's blog, because that's where I read that this was doable. And he was right!
on May 2, 2013
I bought this to use with trainerroad.com and my Garmin ANT+ speed/cadence & heart rate sensors. It works great and is small enough to leave plugged into the laptop all the time.
on November 19, 2011
Looking at the other reviews here on Amazon, I was concerned about purchasing the Movestick Mini. But, as the training "moves" continued to gather on my Suunto T4d, I decided it was time to give it a try. I am quite pleased that I did.

Pros:
- Installation and use - The definition of plug-and-play. I had zero problems setting this item up. Zero. I installed Suunto's Moveslink software directly from their site. Then, I inserted the Movestick into the most convenient USB port. Windows recognized it. I told Windows to install the software automatically, which it did. Set my watch to stun (sorry, connect). And, it quickly uploaded my sessions.
- Small size - Very little fear of snagging this as it hangs out the side of my laptop. This thing is REALLY tiny. It only extends about a 1/4" out the side of the USB port.
- Price - $40 is not bad considering the price of the Pods and Suunto's wrist-top computers. Sure, it could be $20, but since it works this well and appears well-built, I'm not going to complain.

Cons:
- Small size - I am going to epoxy a lanyard to the outside edge of it. A person could lose this quite easily (especially with three kids)
- It only uploaded the last 15 "moves" from my T4d. I am positive this is somewhere in the T4d's documentation and I just missed it. So, just take this as a point of information. It's not losing a star over it.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone. An easy five-star product for ease of installation and doing exactly what it promises to do. Make sure you know how to install a plug-and-play device and get the Moveslink software installed correctly for your system. I'm "PronghornRunner" over at Movescount! Drop by sometime!

Edit: One month (or so) check-in...

I have had the Movestick for about a month now. It has remained plugged into my desktop, which is housed in a cabinet. Not only has the Movestick functioned flawlessly for me for the past month, it will upload the data from my T4d THROUGH the cabinet wall. I don't even open the cabinet any more. Just hold the T4d next to it, tell it to search for PC, and my moves get uploaded! This is still an easy 5-star product!
on December 6, 2013
Great Ant+ radio for the price and probably one of the smallest available. I use it with my Android phones and tablets to display info from my heart and bike sensors when exercising. So far, I've used it with a Samsung Galaxy S III and Nexus 7 FHD (2013) with no problems.

If you want to use this with your Android device, you'll need a device that supports USB-OTG (on the go), a USB-OTG cable, and install the Ant+ Service drivers as well as your exercise software to read the Ant+ data.

Bluetooth LE/Smart devices and radios are just now becoming more affordable and available, so you may not need this if you decide to go Bluetooth, but if you have Ant+ devices, this is a great device to sync and compatibility hasn't been a problem so far.
on April 30, 2012
I lost the ANT+ stick for my Garmin 910XT. I read online that the Suunto was compatible. It is and is so much smaller that I don't have to worry about losing it because I don't have to take it out of my laptop.
on February 4, 2016
Bought this when a Garmin ANT USB stick would not function with a Tacx trainer.
The Suunto installed without the need for additional software in a Mac OS X.
It immediately established communication with the trainer, Garmin heart rate belt and speed/cadence sensor.
It works well with Zwift and Golden Cheetah
on December 29, 2014
I bought this to use with Trainer Road. It perfectly detected my Wahoo Kickr, and Garmin cadence and heart rate monitor strap. Setup couldn't have been simpler, in that there was nothing to setup. I plugged it into my Macbook, and it just worked. I've used this on the Macbook and a Mac Mini running various MacOS versions, from Snow Leopard to Yosemite without issue. I'm using it with my setup about 10 feet away from the computer, and signal strength is very good on all of my devices. I think this is one of the best Ant+ sticks out there, and you really can't beat the price.
on October 8, 2015
I cannot get this to install in Windows 7. The manual is vague, tells you to go to http://movescount.com/moveslink and "download". But that page has no download link. It tells you to select your device from a list, but this device is not in the list. So I selected a random device and was given a download link (hurray). I installed Moveslink from that, and open it. It instructs me to plug in the Movestick Mini, which I do. And then... nothing. It still thinks it's not connected.

So I did some Googling and found many others with the same issue. Several unanswered questions on Suunto's website regarding this. I did find a PDF with instructions for how to manually install the drivers (dm4.movescount.com/Movestick%20Mini%20driver%20installation%20guide%20from%20zip%20file.pdf). It basically says to download a zip file and extract it, then open Device Manager, find “libusb-win32 devices" from the list, update the driver for it by pointing the search to the extracted zip folder. However, “libusb-win32 devices" does not appear in Device Manager.

I finally started trying the device in various USB ports and it finally showed "libusb-win32 devices" in Device Manager. I tried to manually update the driver using the zip file, but it said it's already using the best driver, which Windows installed on its own. So I reopen Moveslink and it prompts to connect my Suunto device, with a diagram showing a watch connected to a laptop via USB. But I don't have a watch, I have a Movestick Mini. I don't even know if I have the right Moveslink software since Suunto's website doesn't seem to offer any downloads for this device. The software I have thinks I must have a watch of some kind.

My end goal for this device is to use it with a bike trainer and have it connect to the speed, cadence and heart rate monitors I have. As of now, I'm stumped on how to accomplish this.
on April 8, 2015
I purchased this to use with the interactive cycling "game" Zwift to pickup my power meter, speed sensor and HR monitor. Initially, I wasn't able to make it work- my power meter and HR sensor kept dropping out, which was very frustrating. Didn't matter how close, or how far away my laptop was from each sensor- it just didn't work. I was about to give up and just buy the Garmin stick, but upon researching my problem, the solution was simple. ANT+ signals are relatively weak and subject to interference- both electrical and wifi/bluetooth (especially from WiFi on the 2.4Ghz frequency). With the stick plugged directly into my USB port on the side of my macbook pro, there was simply too much interference for a reliable connection to my power meter and HR monitor (oddly, the speed sensor worked flawlessly). I simply purchased a USB extension cable to move it away from the computer and all of my drop-out problems were completely gone. I'm not sure the Garmin stick would have had this problem since it extends farther from the laptop, but that's just speculation on my part as I've never tested it.

In any case, since I've begun using the extension cable, this has worked flawlessly. Very happy with it. I was worried I would loose it because it's so small, but I wind up just leaving it plugged into the extension cable which makes it far easier to keep track of. Excellent, lower-cost alternative to the Garmin stick. Highly recommended.
on November 13, 2013
I bought the tiny Suunto Movestick to sync my bike cadence and speed sensors to trainerroad for winter cycling this year. Aside from being so small that I'd almost be afraid to lose it if it wasn't always plugged into my laptop, I don't have a single complaint about the Suunto Movestick.