FEATURES of the Suunto Vector Watch Altimeter, barometer, compass Weather trend indicator Temperature Altitude difference measurement Altitude log Vertical speed Multiple watch Date and time functions User-replaceable battery This item is NOT eligible for High Altitude Rewards Point bonuses, Rewards Promotions, or Affiliate Cash Back. Please don't hate us.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00026OZL2
- Item model number: SS010600M10
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 14, 2006
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Suunto|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||45 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||33 millimeters|
|Special features||Altimeter, Ascent/descent rate, Electronic compass, Time/date|
|Item weight||2.24 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||30 Meters|
Top Customer Reviews
While I also wear this as my everyday watch, it's extra large size should be taken into consideration if that's something you have in mind.
There are a couple other brands available in this market segment, but the relatively low price and exceptional feature set are what continues to set this tool apart from the crowd.
Here's what you should know:
* Expect to replace the battery at least once a year. This is due to a number of reasons, one of which is the powerful backlight on the face that when activated can nearly illuminate the inside of a small tent at night. If you believe the manufacturer's warnings and want to play it safe, you may want to have this procedure performed by a professional (watch, not outdoor) shop. Suunto sells a battery pack that comes with a replacement seal and screw-in back, and this is definitely something to consider every other replacement opportunity, but you can get by with a lower-cost Duracell type 2430 3V lithium if you're on a budget.
* The altimeter is one of the strongest features, allowing you to quickly pinpoint your location on a topo map. However, plan to reset it regularly, especially after a plane ride or frequent and significant changes in altitude, or weather. This is rather easy as along as you have a confirmed location metric, but you have to remember to do it regularly to ensure the greatest accuracy.Read more ›
Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch with Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, and Depth Measurement
The timepiece: Outstanding. It has HH:MM:SS DD:MMM, of course, with a year setting to avoid leap year issues. This should go without saying in a modern digital watch. Stopwatch with lap function (not that I ever use the lap function, but I'm sure someone is interested). Countdown timer that can run up to a 24 hour countdown (very easy to set). Three daily alarms. Special kudos for the alarms, this is one of the loudest watch alarms I've heard, and I've missed too many watch alarms to not appreciate this.
The Altimeter: largely eye candy, but kind of neat. Over four days, my bedroom went from 100m above sea level to 25 m below sea level (by the maps, about 40m ASL). Not surprising because it is driven by the barometer, and I never recalibrated it, but a graphic demonstration of the importance of calibrating it when you want/need it.
The Barometer: Yup, it's a barometer. The part I like is the little display that shows the rising/falling trend, especially as this is always active (even in normal 'time' mode).
The Thermometer: Take the watch off to get an accurate reading as the sensor is too close to the wrist.
The compass: Easily the best 'special' feature. Accurate, precise (enough for orienteering, not for surveying), easy to use. It can be programmed for a declination, but knowing me, I'd forget to reset it, so I do declination the hard way. The sighting notches are small but servicable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product came before expected and is in great condition - watch works great. The color wasn't available after we purchased, however they guys at house of scuba contacted us right... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
Dear all . I just received the watch. My husband is not satisfied with it. He said it is so difficult for see the time in it. He isn't agree with that kind of watchedPublished 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
Nice size but the band was small and sucked. I stand behind suunto but just not this watch.Published 29 days ago by Mike Morris
Extremely short battery life- must re charge daily- garmin Products work so much better!Published 1 month ago by Marc J Hodge
I bought this watch several years ago for Christmas for my husband. He is a skier/snowboarder and I thought he would like to keep track of his runs and the altitude. Read morePublished 1 month ago by jan
Great watch love mine. Not supper accurate but close enough, especially to have so many tools right on your wrist.Published 1 month ago by Clifford James Green Jr.
Got this as aa birthday gift for my boyfriend a couple years ago. Loved it and wears it everyday!Published 2 months ago by Sarah
I originally got this watch as a gift back in 2005 for my first deployment. All the "cool" army guys had these so my dad got it for me. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nick Rubino
I've owned my vector for 10 years now and I don't go out in the woods without it. It's been everywhere with me from deep woods, wake boarding to scuba diving and snorkeling. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Rob