Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Suunto Vector Digital Dial Polycarbonate Elastomer Quartz Male Watch SS010600110
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 12, 2009
I've had my Vector for a couple years now. Didn't really wear it till I joined the Army over a year ago, though. I'm in the Infantry and it's been through a lot of tough conditions and is still going strong. Still the original band, showing no signs of distress. I replace the battery about every year and a half when the warning comes up.

I LOVE the barometric pressure trend window on the face, let's me know at a glance if we're getting good weather or bad while out on a mission. You will wonder how you ever got a long without it.

The compass is surprisingly accurate if calibrated regularly and cross-checked against known points. You can quick-access the compass by just pushing one button--great for getting a quick bearing while yr on the move, just make sure it's away from ferrous metals, of course. Much faster than trying to pull out my real compass. The bubble-level built into the face is great for that extra-level of accuracy that I've come to expect from Suunto.

The altimeter isn't as dependable in my opinion. But, Suunto makes it extremely easy to correct it to known elevation in about 3 seconds. I typically reset it every morning when I know my elevation, but it deviates too much in my opinion throughout the day.
It's also got the thermometer. You can set it for metric or english units, but it's kind of a pain to do it. (Suunto, it would be nice to make a one-touch button to switch back and forth.) Oh, and obviously it does military time, too.

Yes, it's a big watch, but the crystal is actually plastic, so it is extremely light and comfortable to wear. Despite being plastic and being through all the sand/dirt/rocks, etc., my watch face has very little scratching at all.
There are more features I love about this watch, but I hit the main ones here. I didn't like this watch till I actually started wearing it in the Army.
on February 3, 2013
I bought this watch approx the end of May last year. At the first of January the numbers would fade away when I pressed the light button. I assumed the battery was going bad and replaced it. The problem was that I was home on leave, my last day. I returned to Afghanistan and the watch started to zero out. I would wear it for a few hours and the time would go to zero and flash. It will no longer keep time. I have not abused the watch as the price I paid for it is a little steep and I would not take the chance on destroying it.

When I looked online to return the watch, I found that I have to send it to the nearest service center with the receipt for purchase. I am in Afghanistan, this is not an easy option for me. I loved the watch when it was working, but now it just sits in a footlocker. Way too much money for gear that you cant use!
on September 30, 2013
I bought this watch and had it mailed to my house so that when I went home from Afghanistan for my R&R I could wear it back and use it for the last part of our deployment. It arrived two days into my R&R and by day 12 the time started changing back to 1200 and the date to 1 Jan 2000. I would update it, wear it all day and then the next morning it was back to the same default. Knowing I couldn't trust the watch I didn't bring it back to Afghanistan with me and had my wife return it. Then we really found out how poor the support was. Amazon didn't help - I had to go to the company. The company said that since I wore it and had it for over 10 days I could only mail it back to the company and they decide whether they can fix it or return my money. Really? Do you think I'll ever trust that watch when it didn't work when it was new? I'll spend the rest of my life telling people not to but SUUNTO watches and to be sure Amazon will stand behind what they sell before they decide to buy something from Amazon. Wal-Mart is still here because they stand behind what they sell, regardless of the manafacturer. Not impressed with SUUNTO or Amazon right now.
on July 12, 2014
This is one of the few Sunnto Watches with a light
back ground and dark lettering LCD face, it is much
easier to read in low light than the typical dark
back ground, light lettering on most Sunnto watches.
They should offer all of they're watches with this
type of LCD face. I do not swim with it, but I have
read it doesn't stand up to water like a Casio G Shock.
But it does have a easily replaceable battery, so when
it runs down you can keep the watch instead of
throwing it away like a G-Shock with a dead battery.
The functions are pretty easy to use once its set up
but a temperature function would be better than a
couple of functions that come with the watch.
compass is pretty accurate though.
on April 26, 2013
The watch looked cheap and felt cheap on my wrist. I sent it back, that is when ALL the drama began:

Once the sellor received the watch back, they proceeded to tell me it wasn't in new condition. I wore the watch 1 time to dinner. they also told me the watch box had a piece torn on it ( when I received my new watch, the watch box, not the shipping box, had a piece or tape on it, I pulled it off). The sellor informed me I would only be entitled to a 50% refund. My refund was $94, but I was only getting back $84, not sure how this math adds up.

I will never again buy anything from Valley Time, and I hope no one else will either. They are a dishonest, Ghetto company! If Amazon gives a damn about its customers, specially those who are prime members, like myself, Amazon should investigate them and not allow them to sell with them.

If this is viewable to the potential buyers, don't waste your money, buy else where!
on June 13, 2014
This watch is perfect if you spend a lot of time outdoors. Once I got it set up I checked the local temp, barometer and altitude and everything was surprisingly dead on. As others have stated, for an accurate tempature you have to take it off but that's no big deal. Compass is very accurate as well. Haven't swam with it yet but did have it on during a few downpours with no problems. Backlight is very easy to read while in darkness. For it's size it's also very lightweight; another plus. My next purchase is going to be the all black military version. Highly recommend this watch!
on December 29, 2014
Replaced a 14 year old Vector which finally failed (barometer). This is the gold standard for hiking and skiing. BTW, battery replacement is easy, especially with the battery, lid, and gasket kit. I replace the battery every year, and the gasket every other year.
on April 14, 2015
Bought this for my son as a Christmas gift and he loves it! It was exactly as described and met his expectations. He did lots of research and has worn the Luminox brand for years and years. After careful review he chose this the Vector for the quality and features that Luminox does not have. buy one, you won't be disappointed!
on July 22, 2015
Great watch, added to my enjoyment on a recent High Sierra backpack trip. When you do not have access to a current barometric pressure, then setting a known altitude per the topo map worked well and accuracy was good between known elevation points. Compass works well too. Make sure to set your local magnetic declination to ensure compass accuracy. Barometric trending seems to lag actual conditions, as I paid attention to it as storms passed through our locations daily. Barometric trending probably more affected by updating with known sea level pressure.
on February 3, 2015
I've been wearing this watch for over 10 years. I bought this one as my old one had a cracked screen. It lasted really well and I used it and abused it. Considering what I put it through I can't believe it lasted so long. Quality product that I really love. The altimeter is great. I use this a lot while skydiving and for BASE jumping. The most accurate I have found on a watch.