SwaddleMe Small/Med 7-14lb - Ivory
- 100% certified organic cotton
- Adjustable infant wrap stays snug
- Soothes infants and reduces symptoms of colic
- May reduce the risk of SIDS
- Soft fabric wings hugs your baby
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
We didn't swaddle our baby for the first week or so, mostly because we couldn't figure it out. It is *not* hard to figure out mind you, but we were slightly overwhelmed and seriously sleep deprived parents. During that week, baby would wake up soon after falling asleep over and over. Once we took five seconds to figure out how to get him into a nice snug swaddle, we experienced our first five hour stretch of sleep (breastfed baby)! Since then, we've tried to put him down without the swaddler, but flailing arms soon wake him up.
Organic Cotton vs. Non-Organic Cotton vs. Bamboo
The non-organic ones have shrunk and toughened. The bamboo is very soft and lightweight, but baby is able to get out of it fairly easily. The organics are my favorite by far because they have kept their shape, size, and softness after daily washings (warm water). Bonus is that they also have cute little bear velcro closures whereas the others do not and organic farming is good for the environment.
I recommend getting a few because if baby spits up on it, it is good to have a dry spare ready to go in the middle of the night.
Our baby sleeps with a diaper and this swaddler. (Summer)
We then turned to the "miracle blanket" which worked well (better), but was cumbersome to put on (it has to be wrapped a number of times around the child, often waking them up or irritating them in the process). Plus it retails for like $30.
I then bought one of these swaddling blankets, and was amazed at how easy it was to put on, and how effective it was. The kid sleeps in it every night.
Honestly, this is the only blanket we really needed, at least for the first few months. It's a great example of how the most expensive baby item is not the best one. I give one of these to all my pregnant friends!
Also, its easy to wash, and we let it air dry to save the velcro (& energy.) Since it's light, it dries quickly.
To give you an idea of size, my daughter's 3 months old, 24in, 13lbs and I'm only just now back to buy the next size up of this swaddler. She's used it since she was a newborn and hasn't quite outgrown it yet, but she's close.
We hoped a blanket cut for swaddling with the velcro would be the solution...
However, two problems:
1. It doesn't fit properly and she works herself loose despite the velcro - the velcro contact patches are very small - there should be a broader strip of velcro to attach to so it is more adjustable. Our daughter is small, and it is just too big on her. She swims in it. We hope it will work better when she gets bigger.
2. Fleece - decent winter solution, but terrible in the summer. And terrible if you keep your house over 60 degrees. If only it came in a lighter material (we haven't found it).
Oh well... it definitely seems to work for some, so don't use our review as your only basis.
THAT BEING SAID, HOWEVER, we found two other options:
1) When our kids were very young (-> 1 month) we used a large waffle weave blanket from Target (~$5) and it worked wonderfully... we can wrap it tight, and she does work herself loose after about 3 hours, but it is better than any of the previous solutions.
2) the Amazing Miracle Blanket (another swaddling blanket), was our by far favorite swaddling blanket
One other note about swaddling - whenever she has been properly swaddled (usually by an expert) she loves it... We initially told some folks who have a lot of experience with children that she liked to have her arms loose. the response we got is that most babies behave that way, and it really is the small minority of babies that don't really like swaddling. Now that we know how to do it properly, we would agree.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My daughter really likedit, make swaddling easier. The only complain I have is, depending the size of you baby or the way you adjust it, it gets on baby's chin and as a first time... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Julien Capestan
Way too big! By the time it fit my rather large infant, she was able to bust out of the Velcro. The small worked great when she was younger, but this is a huge step up in sizing.Published 2 months ago by Sarah
Second time mom here, after fussing with swaddle blankets for a few days we started using this blanket on our 7 lb newborn and have so far found this to be fuss free and much... Read morePublished 2 months ago by DrConservation
Absolutely love this swaddler. FIrst time I put it on our baby he slept so well. I'm ordering another one right now.Published 2 months ago by robbin dier
Soft fabric but thick enough for a warm extra layer during the night. Stretchy enough to get our little cutie snug as a bug in his.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer