Industrial Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer $5 Albums minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on April 7, 2013
We recently installed a Swann security system and need two more cameras. It was a no brainer after reviewing the camera feed from the other cameras that came with the system. The day and night vision are right on. These cameras are small and hard to detect but the video is just great. Would highly recommend for anyone considering a security system or additional cameras.
on March 31, 2013
I was happy with the 420 TVL's that came with my Swann DVR system until I installed these. These cameras have a wider angle and the 600 TVL makes it so much clearer to see down my driveway. I'm going to use the 420's for indoor and close range shots as they are perfect for that. Nicest thing is I was able to swap the old one directly using same wires and same mounting holes. Couldn't have been easier. Spend the extra 20 per camera and get these.
on October 14, 2013
The 5 stars is for daytime picture & price. Night vision loses a lot of quality but I haven't seen much better in any night vision ones.
The area width coverage seemed OK to me. I purchased for a SWANN security kit & it does the job very good. Suggest that you get additional cameras from the same manufacturer. Had problems in the past when I mixed & matched.

Suggest you check your wire run length & also add in ups & downs for walls etc. I had to purchase 100 foot wire lines.

I put temporarily put them where I planned to permanently install them to see how the picture was affected by Sun, reflections etc. that would impede your picture quality. You may find where you thought was Ok may not be so.

Suggest closer is better to the subject if you can do it.

When installing try to tuck them under soffits or places where you get good clear area coverage & to protect from weather.
on May 29, 2013
I am very impressed with the night vision on these cameras. While 65 feet (as they state) is a bit much, 40-45 feet was the functional distance limit in my application as far as motion detection at night. (Outdoors, no light areas). These are well-constructed with metal that is not flimsy. And it is all metal...not partially this and that. Believe me 600 lines of tv is significantly better than the 450 lines you get with lesser cameras. (because I have those cameras,

I had to take one star off because of the rather irritating cheaper cameras have better ones. You can mostly get these adjusted to the angles/areas that you want covered *but* you have to be careful because the little screws can be easily stripped. So just be patient during that stage of installation.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
Swann's quality it going on the wayside. These cameras broke after 3 months. The night vision is what broke. It's more of a hassle going to Swann with the warranty than it is worth to me. I will be trying another brand when these totally bite the dust. Very disappointed with Swann cameras. This is not the only ones that crapped out on me. I also had 530's break on me also.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2013
Have 4 of these cameras and they work very well for the price. If you need HD quality cameras then these are not for you and your in the wrong price range as well. For basic home security these do an excellent job and provide a clear picture during the day and over all decent picture at night.
on March 9, 2014
I bought these to augment a security DVR that I already had. These cameras appear to be of better quality than the ones that came with it. They do make a rather significant "click" when they switch from night to day mode, hopefully that won't be a future point of failure.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2014
2 weeks in service, night vision quit on one of the cameras already. While the other is still going strong, I have a less than positive outlook on its forecast for reliability. Bad situation ensues, in order to return, I have to send two cameras, 2 cables (which took over a day to fish through the walls), and, all the power supplies. Not going to happen. I just bought 2 more, then will return the new package with the defective camera. A lot of work for a $110 set of cameras... too bad. Starting to question the quality of the Swann lineup. Second camera in a month that quit, and, the other was a completely different model altogether.

Update - lowering to 1 star. Received replacement camera set, only to find one of the two camera has a defective BNC connector. It was molded in such a way as to misalign the plastic inner barrel making it too close to the shell of the connector. This disallows (actually makes it impossible) to connect the camera to the cable set. Thankfully, there were two, and, I was able to get the other one working. Serious quality control issues. If you get a good camera, they do seem to work quite well. The task seems to be getting a useable one out of the box.
Sad..... if they could get the QC under control, I believe this product would really be a winner.
Updated 07/24/14 - I give up. Finally received a camera that functions, go through the replacement procedure and..... wait for it........ the Swann DVR unit quit. Now none of them function without mama. Spoke with tech assist and had to ship it to CA for the nominal shipping fee of $27.00 !!. Pass on the Swann equipment. I am sure there is better out there. Will update the camera longevity if I ever can watch it again. (If I can get the whole inclusive setup to function for more than 3 days without something malfunctioning.) Unbelievable.
on August 2, 2013
The first thing I noticed about these cameras, once installed, was how much more viewing area it covered over my 420TVL cameras. As far as color goes, my old cameras looked almost black and white next to these, colors were very nicely rendered. Resolution is improved in comparison. The provided cables were of the RCA type with a locking coax cable adapter attached which made connections much easier and secure. My old cameras had the 4pin DIN cables that never felt very secure and eventually broke. Another plus was a that one power supply can power both cameras as opposed to one power plug per camera, as a result, I freed up one outlet on my power strip. The camera mounts were actually pretty good. Angle adjustment is excellent for there are 2 screw adjustment points on the camera mount that allow for a variety of different angles. Wall mount, ceiling mount, you will definitely find an ideal position.
I guess the claim that this camera has 65ft of night vision is kind of true. I really can see that far back in complete darkness, however the image is much brighter the closer you get to the camera. I would say the night is at it's best at up to 50ft. It performs so well that, in total darkness, it seems like there is a spotlight lighting up the field of view, impressive.
In the end, I am very happy with this purchase. So pleased with the overall performance of these cameras that I ordered another set to replace the remaining 2 SVAT 420TVL cameras I have left. In summary, a very good camera.
on January 31, 2014
bought 12 swann cameras in 6 months with my swann 8 channal and only 3 camera still work, think will use my hard earned money elsewhere, had my lorex cameras for 5 years and they all still work,