Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 18, 2013
I ordered the model DS-SD20 battery as a spare to my original DS-SD20 that came with my Swann camera. Even though both batteries are labelled exactly the same and have the same case color and dimensions, the configuration of the battery contacts is all wrong. The original battery has its contacts inset while the spare I ordered has flat and exposed contacts. It will not fit into the camera and is, therefore, totally useless to me. I have comparison images to make my point. I am not sure how to proceed at this point but would at least like to have my money back so that I can look elsewhere for a spare battery.
Thanks, Allen Kirchhof
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
Frustrating there's no other source for this battery. $40 for a $8 battery is ridiculous. Swann should be ashamed that they overcharge so excessively. Battery works fine. There's nothing special about it. You simply have no choice if you want a second battery.
on January 9, 2013
Your battery is an old model and does not fit the Swann SWVID_1080 HD video camera. The model number is the same but does not fit camera. .
on May 3, 2013
I bought this for my new Swann Freestyle 1080p HD camera. I took a chance because the most recent review said that the battery fit. I got mine, and I can confirm that the battery I was sent fit the camera and worked fine.

Swann Freestyle 1080p HD Waterproof Sports Video Camera
on March 18, 2013
The battery has the exact same model number as the one that came with my camera, but it doesn't fit. The battery connectors are flat where as the one with my camera had grooves kind of like a female end and the camera itself has prongs (male). The battery was just flat so it wouldn't got in. As always I love buying from amazon, and I don't think it is anyones fault other than probably the manufacturers. Thep probably changed model numbers on cameras and never said anything.
on April 28, 2013
Haven't tested the durability/length of charge yet but otherwise seems fine. Charged quickly and is as described. A bit pricey.
on April 24, 2015
It's too expensive in my opinion, but this was the best option I could find.

It works with my Swann Freestyle action cam. Apparently there are 2 different models of Freestyle, so take a look at your battery to make sure this is the right thing.
on July 27, 2013
This did NOT fit my Swann Freestyle 1080 action camera. This battery must be for an older model camera. There are no part numbers to match the battery either. I was able to return it with no problems, but who wants to deal with that hassle?
on April 17, 2014
Got it quickly and I did not even had to charge it cuz it was fully loaded and ready!

Just watch that it fits your camera model cuz some have reported not all batteries from Swann are made equal for this camera.
on April 3, 2013
The battery with the camera has a notch in the side near the connectors.

The Swann SWVID-FREE09-GL Freestyle Rechargeable Lithium Battery (Black) does not.

You cannot use it in the camera.