Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Bianca|Change

on January 17, 2012
I only recently even heard of composite granite sinks, when looking to replace my 20-year old "builder quality" stainless. We also replaced counters, so this is installed under the counters. I wouldn't have expected it, but visitors say "Wow!" when they see the sink. Wow to a sink! How about that?

Functionality. Double sinks are pretty much an anachronism these days. What I really wanted was a sink big enough to hold a cookie sheet or griddle. This does. The small ledge is perfect for draining washed vegetables, or you can put a suspended dish drainer over it and still have a big sink.

Cautions. The sink is really deep, which I like, and we had it installed under the counter, so because of shortcuts taken by the builder of our house, it was a fairly major plumbing job to reinstall the drain and Badger 5 disposer. Second, we live in an area with hard water, and this black sink shows it. It cleans up nicely, athough the recommended Weiman granite cleaner and polish will not take off the hard water deposits very well. That takes vinegar. Hint: If you want the sink to look really good when company is coming, after cleaning wipe it down with a little cooking oil and a paper towel. It really shines.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2013
I had a stainless steel double bowel sink that I hated, cookie sheets, large soup pots etc. were impossible to wash without getting water everywhere. The swanstone is so roomy and elegant. The raised side makes a nice dish dryer or area to defrost meat. The lack of directions makes the novice handyman a little tricky to install, but other then that you'll love this sink. I ordered it on a Friday evening and it was delivered Monday morning, wasted no gas running around shopping prices or availability loosing a entire day in those large hardware stores. I'm in my late 50's and I've never loved a sink as much as this one. (Photos below were taken 3years after installation, it's 2015 and I still love this sink)(update as of 3/25/2016 I'm still in love with this sink).
on November 29, 2012
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new Swanstone kitchen sink! It is the perfect size, perfect utility. We were accustomed to a double sink until now. But this sink is huge and it's easy to wash things of all sizes in it. I especially love the higher shelf which can be a good place to wash vegetables, or keep something dry. And because we chose the black (nero) sink, it doesn't require overly frequent cleaning. I whole-heartedly recommend this sink.
on April 30, 2013
Been using this for 5 months and love it. Must admit it came with a cracked corner as many reviewers had said, but was so worth it when I finally got a good one. Also want to comment that I called Amazon upon opening the box and had another one at my door within 24 hours. Read the other helpful comments about oiling every couple of months or when needed to make shiny and new. (I hated the messy stainless steel sink I had.) Love the size so can have a large frying pan flat for cleaning. Love the drain on side for sitting plants after watering, leaving a glass I use repeatedly during the day that is not visible above counter, and I sit washed fruit and vegetables in a strainer there too. And it looks classy and original.
on December 14, 2012
Wow....Thank you Amazon. I was concerned when I read a review about the sink being fragile, but I like the design so much I had to take a chance. The sink arrived within 4-5 days and by the looks of the packaging, I was worried. I took pics prior to opening the box, but was optimistic. Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 corners were cracked/busted/shattered. I immediately reported the issue to Amazon and was given a few options. I choose to give it one more chance and I'm happy I did. The sink arrived 1 week later in perfect condition. Amazon didn't ask any questions other then how I wanted to handle the return. Great experience and I would recommend.
on July 27, 2013
I received this sink in perfect condition and it arrived within 3 days of placing the order. I have owned a Swanstone sink in a previous home and loved it there as well. The sink has been installed for a little over a week now and we have had no problems. Our friends and neighbors are amazed at how beautiful it is and how easy it is to keep clean.
on June 2, 2012
I replaced our stainless steel double sink with this Swanstone product. First, I have to say that the seller, Buy and Large, not only had the best price by far, but also their shipping was incredibly fast. The sink is well made and looks awesome installed. My only complaint is that the mounting clips are not well designed - they need more than the standard amount of room (based upon stated measurements) to fit through the opening - even a fraction of an inch matters. The only way I could get the sink through the opening was by leaving off a few clips, and then attaching them from underneath. Then discovered that the metal screws would fairly easily strip the plastic clips, if I turned them just a bit too much. But ultimately, everything did hold in place, and it sure is worth the effort!
on June 5, 2013
The color is perfect with my countertop. I love how deep and wide the sink is. I am able to rest my strainer across the narrowed part so I can drain any vegetables or fruits that I wash. Very satisfied.
on October 4, 2015
I absolutely love the sink. I have never seen one like it before. It arrived in perfect condition. The price was an unbelievable savings. Sink fit perfectly in the space that was allowed for it, completely level, and the new Kohler faucet gets great. Can't say enough about how pleased I am.
review image
on March 13, 2013
But after receiving and returning 3 sinks due to cracked edges (lips broken off) Amazon opted not to try again. It seems to be a great sink and I don't think it would break in usage unless you took a cast iron fry pan and struck it hard on the corner edge. I'm very disappointed that an intact sink couldn't be delivered to me.

It's now been 4 broken sinks, I tried shipping to a nearby address in FL but it still arrived damaged.