5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty in Pink
I saw this Swarovski Heart Pendant at the mall. Is is a nice size piece. I am in my twenties and I loved it, my mother who is over 50 years old loved it too. She wants it for mothers day. I would recommend it to anyone looking to impress.
Published on March 14, 2010 by Its By The Book Store

3.0 out of 5 stars For a young girl
I just saw this at Dillards. They sell these same price. This looked like something a young girl/young teenager would wear. I am 21, and would never wear this necklace. It was very nice, just seemed like young girls jewelry... unless you're really into pink!
Published on April 3, 2009 by A. Fink

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty in Pink, March 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Swarovski Crystal Alana Heart Pendant (Jewelry)
My husband and I purchased this for Valentine's Day from a Swarovski store while on vacation. I had been wanting something in the pink/red family to wear with coordinating outfits. I am so happy with this purchase! I get a TON of compliments on it from people of all ages. It is more detailed in person than it appears in the photo, with a bit of lavender tint to some of the beads, giving it more of a diverse wardrobe coordinating ability. (It's not too purple though, you definitely know the piece is mainly pink). I am in my late 20's and wanted something that looked expensive without paying too much for it. (Especially the husband worry, he was happy I wasn't in a real jewelry store). I usually shop for genuine gemstones but just couldn't find something in the pink/red family in real stones that looked worth it. The pink pieces are usually too hot pink and/or look fake. Pink sapphires can get expensive or are set in cruddy settings. I don't feel kiddish at all when wearing this piece. I am not one to wear "bling" because I feel awkward at my age but this is a nice sparkle, not too much, not too little but just right.

I am not a big heart fan but the shape of this piece is unlike the typical heart. The variety of shades (white, light pink, pink, lavender) make this very multidimensional and sparkly. There are multiple shapes of crystals within it as well which helps the overall look. It's sort of a thick heart too, it is not flat but I think the rounding of the piece makes it more prominent and allows the crystals to shine. The back is SOLID, definitely not the cheap looking silver/sterling that a lot of pieces have. I wear this all the time, and regularly select it over pieces that are 5x as expensive (as well as cheap pieces).

I also wear a lot of costume jewelry and find this exceeds quality on any piece I own (100+ costume pieces). Granted its my most expensive non-gemstone piece, but you certainly get what you pay for...it's heavy for it's size (but not uncomfortable). The chain is also very nice. It is not a long chain but sets very nicely on the neckline since this is a thick/fat heart. It wouldn't look right as a long necklace in my opinion. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

3.0 out of 5 stars For a young girl, April 3, 2009