Published on June 15, 2011 by Avidrunner

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :(
I bought this pink swatch a little over a year ago. I LOVED this watch. I didn't even think they still made them anymore, until I spotted a swatch on someone else's wrist. That's when I researched & found it on amazon!!! I was so happy when I received my watch. I love the old school look. In the 80's, I only bought swatches!!

I did think that the plastic was a...
Published on October 3, 2011 by Angela V. Kane

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :(, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Swatch Women's GP128 Quartz Plastic Pink Dial Watch (Watch)

I did think that the plastic was a little stiffer than I remembered. Well, the wrist band recently cracked which confirmed my suspicion of a harder plastic. My old swatches from the 80's lasted a long time and that's with me not being gentle with them.
I'm rough on my watches. It's true, but this was from just taking it off and putting it back on. Maybe I got a defective one, but I recently read another review that basically said the same thing so I don't think it's just me.

Other than the fact that it didn't last much longer than a year, it's a great watch! These watches are not cheap, so I don't think I will be buying another in the near future, but I'll gladly accept them as gifts from family and friends :)

PS Why mess with a good thing? Why can't they still be made from the softer more rubbery plastic? Anyone know?

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a swatch, what else is there to say about it. It keeps time, June 15, 2011
I got this one and the lemongrass (bright green) one for the wife. The face on the Unisex swatches are a bit bigger than the standard ladies size. In fact, it is closer to the men's size watch face. The bigger face lets you see the numbers better, imo. There really isn't a downside, other then more area to possibly scratch. The dragon fruit is a bright, vibrant pink, so if you like pink, this one is for you. Again, it is an old school style swatch. No frills, no gadgets, just a plastic watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it!, March 17, 2014
Bought as a gift, she didn't take it off for almost a week straight.

Forgot how cool these were, and forgot how loudly they tick. Cute watch!

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty color, but ticking is unbearable, July 13, 2012
This is a super cute watch in a really pretty shade of pink. However, the ticking sound is loud and annoying which makes it unbearable to wear. I wore swatches as a kid, but I never remembered them to have such a loud ticking sound. This one sounds unusually loud. The watch also had a strange odor. Was Amazon storing it in a basket of onions? Weird. Anyway, this watch is going back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware before you buy. Cheap, flimsy plastic, solid pink watch., November 30, 2014
I'm returning this piece of flimsy plastic. VERY DISAPPOINTED. The merchant represents a different watch than you'll actually get. Very clever presentation, as the first two pics show an attractive watch. This way, you can't really call them "liars".
Out of the 3 watch pictures shown, the third solid pink watch is what you'll get. The strap, as someone else pointed out, is flimsy, thin, cheap soft plastic. I'm returning it! I bought for my 8 year old and it's too cheap looking to keep!!! I'll wait a bit before buying a swatch for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, June 24, 2014
Nice watch. I was looking for a watch that I could swim with and it works great. It does everything that was explained in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 12, 2014
Great quality, and the speed is high. No more nonsense. If I need to buy another one, it would absolutely be this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Watch, December 17, 2013
Good colour, good design, Simple and elegant
Happy to have gifted this watch to my little angle
She just loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars delivery problem, November 1, 2013
The watch is fine but the way it was packaged was not. It was in a box with no protection and had fallen out of the Swatch box. Fortunately the watch works but not because of the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars swatch watch, October 28, 2013
I have always liked swatch watches, I am allergic to metals, and have always had swatch watches.
This one is good size, works well, arrived fast.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›