Answers to frequently asked questions:
Q: I think my dog might have eaten a couple of Poison Moleworms. Should I be concerned?
A: Take your dog to your veterinarian and be sure to bring the product packaging with you. The active ingredient in Sweeney’s Poison Moleworms is Bromethalin. If ingested, it can cause potentially life-threatening signs in dogs and cats. Prompt, aggressive decontamination remains the most effective treatment. Management of any rodenticide toxicosis depends on the type and amount of bait ingested. Because a rodenticide’s active ingredient cannot be determined from the bait’s physical appearance, veterinary staff should identify the ingested rodenticide from the package’s label to ensure proper treatment.
Q: I placed Sweeney’s Poison Moleworms in my yard; why do I still have moles?
A: When treating a mole problem, you must place the bait in an active tunnel for your efforts to prove effective. To figure out if a tunnel is active, you need to flatten out all the runs in your yard. The following day you should notice that one runway has re-appeared. This is an indication that the tunnel is active and is where Sweeney’s Poison Moleworms should be placed.