5.0 out of 5 stars Gets in and out of every nook and cranny

Published on June 1, 2007 by C

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets in and out of every nook and cranny, September 4, 2005
Terry T "Peak Mom" (Apex, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
I bought this broom on a whim (the same way I buy just about everything) only this time I really needed a new one. I hated the way my "angled" broom lost its shape after only a few months. I have tile floors and this broom gets into every crevice. What's more when you sweep with it (you have to use a pulling motion vs. a pushing motion) it really does drag ALL the dirt with it. It doesn't leave half the dirt and dust behind like other brooms so that you have to sweep up what was left behind.

I also use it on the area rugs rather than pull out the central vac unit. It takes up the hair and carpet "crumbs" with little effort. In addition if you've ever spilled something and then watched the puddle spread around before you could mop it up then you'll be happy to know that the squeegee part of the broom really does work to gather the puddle or even dry a floor after washing.

I've used this in my garage, in my kitchen, on my carpet and I've even scrubbed the house with it. Still works as good as the day I bought it 3 years ago. And because the handle comes apart in 3 sections I've been able to use it to comb out the dirt and dust of the carpet runner I have on the stairs that I couldn't clean before with a standard vac or a dust buster.

I'm buying one for my sister who was impressed with it when she came to visit me this summer. Good product - great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this broom!, October 22, 2004
Karen "KEC" (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
I have a puppy that chews everything. I can use this broom on the carpet to gather up chewed up pieces of cardboard, plastic water bottles, anything! It's great not having to keep bending with my aching knees to pick everything up that he chews. Hopefully the chewing will stop eventually, but the broom will stay. The broom was a great help cleaning up after the floods here except that the handle broke on it. The mud was just too much for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick!, September 20, 2005
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
I have a number of cats and area rugs--a challenging mix! The vacuum just wasn't getting the hair up as I'd like (and I have a very good vacuum). I knew when I was walking with sneakers that if I scuffed them, it would pull up the hair, so when I saw this product, I wanted to try it--and it works just as I'd imagined. It takes a little bit of elbow grease, but I've got plenty of that and it really does take up so much extra hair that I'm pleased as punch. Highly recommend this for someone with pets who's not satisfied with just the vacuum.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very limited uses, June 1, 2007
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
For removing dog hair this broom works only on very low height carpet or industrial carpet even with the small strokes you are supposed to use. I was under the impression that it would work on all my carpets and it does not. It is not better on hard surfaces than a broom on both liquids and solids. I would send it back but my kids are determined to make it work so I keep it and encourage them to use their brains but it is not good for anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars This saves the life of my vacuum cleaner!, May 3, 2007
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
We are a household of five humans, one cat and one dog. Three of us are females with long hair, and this causes no end of clogs to the vacuum cleaner hose. At least, it used to, until I got the One Sweep. I love this thing! I use it before vacuuming to get the hairs out of the carpet, and it works like a dream since the rubber bristles grab on and gather it all up so I can throw it out. The first time I tried it, I was astonished at how much hair had been on the carpet (and a little amazed that we're not all bald!).

I have also used this on the vinyl flooring in the kitchen with equally great results. It's especially useful for when you pull out appliances and clean under them; I wring out a rag with Mr. Clean solution onto the floor and scrub with the One Sweep, then use the squeegee side to pull the solution into one area so I can mop it up. No touching the icky things that end up under the stove. :)

For the price, you can't go wrong with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE!!!!!!, January 1, 2006
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
OH MY GOODNESS~!! I can not believe HOW WELL this works~!!!!!! I saw it at a Home Center for sale, and grabbed it to give it a try. I said to myself, "If it does not work, I can take it back. I have nothing to loose." I did not really expect anything. Just bought it thinking I was crazy for wasting money on it. Well, As soon as I got home, I gave it a try. This beats EVERYTHING I have tried in the past PERIOD~!!! I am getting rid of my Bloom stick, and vacuum machine!!! I have this, and StarMop for hard floor scrab. Thats it~!! WHY spend Hundreds of $$$ on Expensive Electric Vacuum Machine~!? Especially none of them collect small dust and dirt like this one does~!! I have Two hoover Vacuum machines. The one is a regular machine, the other is FloorMate which is an AWEFUL AWEFUL machine. This Sweeper not only sweeps EVERYTHING in cluding water spills~! Some times the BEST thing you can find is the world is the SIMPLEST CHEAPEST ones. THANK YOU for this wonderful Invention-!! I hope it will NEVER go out of Stock. INDEED, THE WORLD'S BEST BROOM.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
My wife and I bought 2 of these brooms at a home show a couple of years ago. The first one fell apart after 1 year. The rubber had dried-out and started to shed 'bristles'. Shortly afterwards, the handle mount (female screw thread) split, and the handle would no longer stay connected. Now the 2nd broom has had the mount suffer the same fate.
After the 1st broom fell apart, I tried several times top contact the manufacturer. They would NOT respond to my written request for warranty. Warranted for life? Not when you cannot get them to respond. They work slick in the demos, but fall apart, and the warranty is useless.
Pros
Works well outdoors for some things.
Has a squeegee.
Cons
Fall apart prematurely.
Warranty is non-existent.
The people that sell snake-oil like these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for almost nothing, August 6, 2009
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
So far, haven't found much use for this on any application. Fits nicely next to the washing machine though.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but it breaks, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
This broom really works well when sweeping dog fur off of a rug. However, you must pull the broom toward you when sweeping. If you push the broom, like on a rug, the base will break free from the handle. The problem with this broom, is where the base of the broom screws into the shaft for the handle. It is made of plastic and it will break. I've broken two of these brooms. I repaired them by modifying them. It they ever significantly strengthen this single fault, then I would give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweepa - Rubber Broom, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Sweepa - Rubber Broom (Kitchen)
Love it, sweeps up dog hair and dirt very well. The only broom I will every own. Also has a rubber scraper side for water mess

Sweepa - Rubber Broom