Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 1, 2009
Sweet Farts
What kid won't pick up a book that has "Farts" on the cover? I know as a teacher and grandmother I'm always looking for a well written book that even reluctant readers will engage in. Well "Sweet Farts" hooks kids with a very funny story line, lovable characters (I'm especially fond of the grandma), authentic connections to science and social studies (who would have ever thought that Benjamin Franklin really DID write about farts!) and the universal theme of making the best out of a bad situation. I hope this author continues writing about Keith growing up and solving real problems.
C Carro
on November 5, 2009
My third grader finished the latest installment of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and was utterly forlorn. He's a good reader, but somehow he would rather play Madden 10 than pick up a book. I searched Amazon and was lead to SweetFarts. It was a fantastic recommendation! The story encompasses the frustration and pressure of being teased at school, the frustration of having to do an assignment that seems onerous and painful AND a fantastic resolution to both of those issues! With the issue of passing gas liberally sprinkled throughout the tale, it kept my somewhat skeptical third grader glued to the pages.

The vocabulary is accessible, but challenging and the moral to the story is great. I highly recommend this book to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2nd - 4th grade audience.
on December 5, 2008
GREAT KIDS BOOK! I bought this book for my nephew who is 12 and he loved it! I ended up reading some of the chapters with him and we were both cracking up. It was an easy read and really sparked his interest in reading for fun. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun book for young readers.
on November 9, 2009
I teach sixth grade and bought this book a couple of weeks ago. It was sitting on the shelf in my personal bookcase. Students were sneaking looks at it and begging me to read it. I read it today and now I HAVE to pass it along to our science teacher. What a great book!!! This book includes science, history,lessons about bullying, and being true to yourself. I am so impressed with this book. I think the author is a teacher who self-published. SUPPORT HIM! He is so talented. I am impressed. Here's hoping he writes more books. I believe kids (and adults) of all ages will laugh and learn something by reading Sweet Farts.
on July 18, 2011
My mom got this book for me and I simply said, "Huh, I bet it's just one of those books that authors write for young kids to make it look funny." But I was badly mistaken. This book is one of the funniest books I have ever read. Best of all it has my favorite trait, addicting. I was so excited when I was reading it I was really sad when it was finished. I wanted other people to have the enjoyable laughs that I had when reading this book. So I decided to come and share with all the people deciding this book. It's a must get! In my opinion I would say for the ages 8-12 but it really just is for good laughs. Any age over 8 will understand and have a good laughing when they're reading. I read this book when I was 11 years old and I cracked up into pieces. This is the perfect book for kids trying to read a comedy. I personally do not like reading, yet, I read and was immediately captured! I was really glad to have read it. If you don't like reading or if you do like reading this is the perfect book for you. You won't even know you're reading it's like a movie or a great dream! My point is this book is so perfect and funny for reading that it's not a book! Its better like a movie! Or a fairytale! Anyway, you gotta get this book. Don't waist your time thinking, while you could be enjoying and laughing along with this outstanding book. Enjoy!!!
on May 26, 2010
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hey, this isn't a book about farts! This is a book about family and friends and stick-with-it-ness. Farts are just the medium used to pull it all together.

This is a quick-paced, well-written book that should keep its target audience's attention all the way through. It is enjoyable, comical and doesn't waste space with unneeded words that would slow the action down.

I liked it. I would give it to my kids (and, in fact, I did).

An enjoyable, quick read.
on January 8, 2010
I purchased the book based on a couple other reviews. I read it as soon as it came in to make sure it was going to be a good for my son to read. I liked it and now that my son is reading it he can't put it down. I like the fact that it is educational and silly at the same time!
on September 7, 2012
My boys (8 & 10) had listened to (and loved) the first book in the Sweet Farts series. When we were looking for something new to read as a family at bedtime, we were excited to see the next book. We were not disappointed. As long as you can get past having to say "fart" a couple thousand times, this book is for you. Just the thing to get young boys interested in reading. I don't have girls. I'm sure it would appeal to some as well - it's funny.
on August 12, 2013
My Son entered 4th grade this year and the focus is geared towards additional reading. My son loves to laugh and have fun so I decided to get him something I knew he would have fun reading. He loves this book and we have had a good time laughing and reading and just having fun time as mom and son. He doesn't know my hidden agenda, "for him to see how reading can take you anywhere" he just sees the fun in the character and even commented, "Keith gets me" the main character. For any parents who have a child who isn't so keen on the reading idea, get this book, it will surely have you laughing. This one hit a home run for us!!! Looking forward to #2, and #3.
on October 14, 2012
Sweet Farts 1-2 and 3 must be the best set of books ever! My 9 y/o son reads in bed at night. While reading these books he often would stay up past his bedtime because he could not put it down. I could hear him laughing out loud many times. He is now in the process of writing to the author, begging for a Sweet Farts 4.