5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet romance
This is the story of Amanda and Justin. Two people who in love 10 years ago. They reunited 10 years later at the death of Amanda's father. This is a good love story along with story of friendship of the fabulous four. Looking forward to reading the other three stories of the fabulous four.
Published 18 months ago by Sbart61

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the characters but the drama was weak
Published 10 months ago by IHaveCleanHands

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet romance, January 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars a SWEET read!, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am looking forward to the next in the series! A great read! I can't believe this is their first novel. I'm hooked on The Hope Falls Chronicles!

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the characters but the drama was weak, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am a BIG fan of Melanie Shawn. I first read the Crossroads Series and LOVED them. Searching for something else to read I came upon this early series. I really enjoyed the characters which is why I am reading the other books in the series. The FAB Four are great together. However, I felt this story was lacking something. Chemistry maybe. They seemed to jump right back where they left off 10 years ago without much build up. And I don't think that Amanda and Geoffrey would EVER be together - she was much too smart to go for that nonsense. This book needed a little more sizzle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
beautifully written love story! the struggles they faced the heartache the chemistry between them. This book will get you hooked right away. i love the characters you just fall in love with each one. please read this book you will not be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Reunion (The Hope Falls Chronicals), January 10, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, can't hardly wait for the next in this series. Melanie Shawn is a fabulous writer, had me not wanting to put this book down and get some sleep or some work done. Keep up the good work. Another new author to ad to my favorites list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Romantic!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
"Sweet Reunion" pays perfect homage to small town traditions, where kindness and morals are present at every turn and where love and family are the staples of life. I fell in love with the characters and their stories and thank the authors for taking the time to make them real. This is such a great love story; in a time where vampires and zombies seem to be the new sexy, it feels good to get back to that old school love. The kind that starts out as a hard crush, which turns into unattainable love, which leads to heartache, only to end with love's "Sweet Reunion". I can't wait to read the next installment of this endearing chronicle!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it. what a great story., March 29, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Such a great story. No disappointments. Can't wait for more and i am sure I will fall in love with more characters

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE ROLLER COASTER RIDE OF LOVE!!!, March 15, 2014
Cookie's Princess (Greenock, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I have read by Melanie Shawn.. "Sweet Reunion" LOVED IT .. Justin and Amanda were wonderful characters... As were the other members of the Fabulous Four.. the book was full of moments that made me laugh out loud and then reduced me to tears... If you love a book with HEA.. this is a beautiful sweet story you should be reading...I had to download all the other books in the series.. so looking forward to catching up with the Fabulous Four and their lives !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars great plot disappointing execution, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The storyline had such great potential the characters were pretty well formed. My issue was the lack of dialogue between the main characters. There was much more dialogue between Amanda and her friends than Amanda and Justin. I would have loved to experience their conversations and working out their feelings and chemistry much more than all of Amanda's self reflection or her expressing her feelings to her friends. The first few times Amanda and Justin end up alone and sparks start to fly one of her friends clumsily interrupts. Felt too much like the contrived conflicts in soap operas that just annoy me. I flipped through several pages all the way to the end. I tried book 2 and I think I personally just don't like this author's style. I like more dialogue and more interaction between primary characters especially one where the characters have so much history. 2 authors I just read that do this really well are Abby Gaines and Christine Merrill. If you like their books like I do, you might not enjoy this either.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Story of First Loves and Second Chances, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Reunion (A Hope Falls Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Amanda feels truly alone for the first time in her life. Her rock, her only real reliable support is gone. Her dad is gone. He was loved by the whole town, so loved that everyone turned up to honor him and say goodbye. Including him. Justin left 10 years ago and missed Amanda every day ever since. Now that he is back, making things right between them is going to take a heck of an apology, a lot of convincing and the will to take roots. As usual, Melanie Shawn has a way to wrap her characters with traits that captures us from the get go. The story is moving, sexy, funny, and full of family and fierce friendship love. I look forward to Sweet Harmony.

Rate and Discover Movies