5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Beautiful Sweetness!, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
I did not purchase La Chinata's Sweet Smoked Paprika from Amazon, but I have tried this product. In short, I can only say it is beautiful. It's like a soft silk caressing the tongue. It imparts a smokey flavor that is enhanced by the unique flavor of Paprika, only this paprika is one of the best I have ever tried. There is more depth to it as it hits every surface of your tongue. Goes well on many things, though in my household we prefer it on fish with color, such as salmon. This also goes well on white-meat chicken, adding flavor to an otherwise rather flavorless meat (just a side note: organic, free-range chicken is always more flavorful than prepackaged, frozen, "housed" chicken). Though this paprika is sweet, it is great for savory dishes. I highly recommend trying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful flavor, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
I have used this in several dishes and the smoky flavor really comes through. The only problem I had is that I couldn't open the lid. I had to use a can opener to get it to work. I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Spices, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
This Sweet Smoked Paprika from Spain is really smoky and sweet. You can really taste the difference than those spices in the grocery store. No comparison. It really brings alive the taste of anything you put it on. I will buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best spice in my cabinet!, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
This is a great rub for chicken and beef or any meat. Bought this because started a diet plan and was omitting sauces and gravies. You will never miss them with this sweet smoky perfection. Just saute meat in a little olive oil and use this with salt and garlic. Like a 4 star restaurant!! Love it in my homemade veggie soup brings it to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent paprika, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
I'm Hungarian and paprika is a national pastime in Hungary. While this isn't a Hungarian paprika, it is an excellent addition to any spice cabinet. The taste is bold, rich, and smokey (obviously), but with very little bitterness compared to most other paprikas. The smokiness overpowers the sweet, so it's not as sweet as an unsmoked sweet paprika. This isn't a spicy paprika. It has excellent dark red color and great aroma. It blends well into liquids.

It can be used alone as a more subtle seasoning, or if you want to really up the effect, mix it with just a little liquid smoke and/or toasted sesame oil to enhance the smokiness and add more complexity of flavor.

The canister is a bit difficult to open. You'll need to use a knife to pry it off, and if goes back on tightly so you will have to do that every time, not just on the first opening. I'd be happy to see a packaging redesign for an easier to open canister. The canister itself is attractive enough to display with other containers on an open shelf--it doesn't look like a typical cheap mass market spice jar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love, December 30, 2011
T. Brewer "Creativeminded" (Dodge City, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
Had been watching Food Network shows and kept seeing Smoked Paprika, but had not found any in our local stores. We now use this on almost all meats. Absolutely love the flavor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great smokey flavor, not sure how much different it is., July 31, 2013
John Hoff (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
I have purchased smoked paprika from my local grocery store before and is what I typically use; however, when I saw Bobby Flay use "sweet smoked paprika" on an episode of BBQ Addict I thought I'd give it a try.

To be honest, I don't see much of a difference between this paprika and the one I bought from the local grocery store (Albertsons). I think, maybe, it does give a little more of a smokiness than my usual store bought brand and that's why I gave it a 4 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful depth of flavor, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
Have been pleased with the depth of flavor this brand of spice provides in many dishes. Have used it to flavor my last batch of homemade chili and included in spice rubs for beef, pork, chicken, and fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is wonderful paprika!, June 5, 2013
Amazon Customer (Holden Beach, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
Better than anything I can find locally, this paprika has a smoky rich taste that really lends flavor to my dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your grocery store paprika, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Spanish Smoked Paprika by La Tienda (Misc.)
This is the first paprika I have used that didn't come from the grocery store, so those products are my only frame of reference. That being said....WOW!! What an amazing flavor. I was not aware what paprika was capable of on the palette, until now. I added about a quarter teaspoon to a small pot of fresh picked Lima beans, quartered tomatoes, a hock bone and a tablespoon of Grey Poupon mustard. I can only say that I wish I had made more for next day leftovers!!

Smoky, slightly sweet and sooo delicious. Can't wait to try it in other dishes. Also looking forward to trying the other paprikas in this line.

Rate and Discover Movies