5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional CD! Must-have CD to add to your Jazz collection.
Published on February 28, 2007 by 2012AV8TR

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay
I expected better. Minucci is a terrific player who ventures occasionally out of control. It would be good to hear a more balanced approach showcasing the band, rather than Chieli fronting a collection of background musicians.
Published 2 months ago by Wheels of Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional CD! Must-have CD to add to your Jazz collection., February 28, 2007
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
I have had the opportunity to listen to Sweet Surrender multiple times to let it "sink in". Chieli's latest musical masterpiece has it all! Contemporary Smooth Jazz, Traditional Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Soul Jazz, Theatrical Jazz, and more! The thing that blows my mind about this CD is the vast ground of musical composition this CD covers. What ultimately brings Sweet Surrender together is not just Chieli Minucci's talent, but the talent from all artists who contributed to Sweet Surrender: Jerry Brooks, Lionel Cordew, Jay Rowe, Philip Hamilton, David Mann, Will Brock, Dave Anderson, Wayne Batchelor, and others. I noticed a slight deviation of what in my mind I believe to be Chieli Minucci Music, this being a very positive deviation. Chieli has molded some new twists, sounds, and beats into this CD and has left a brand new impression on me. I believe Chieli has captured my Sweet Surrender with this release. Way to go Chieli & Special EFX!! Superb!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, February 8, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars an arousing music, August 22, 2009
Kenneth H. Waters (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
I am glad that circumstances allow me to hear the CD entitled,"Sweet Surrender". Its was an enjoyable moment. The track "Mystical" has a good beat, good energy and a smooth jazz sound. In fact, I usually play it several times a day. Personality, It has an arousing sound that makes me move! I recommend you check it out. Then add it to your music library, MP3 player or Ipod for those days when you need some good mood music to uplift you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, May 2, 2007
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
Chieli continues to impress me with his unique style! I was not sure if I would like this album as well as his last (Got It Goin On) but his work seems to just keep getting better. A very nice blend of new Chieli with his original band Special EFX. I love every song! A must have for any smooth jazz lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Surrender, April 14, 2007
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
Chieli Minucci is great as usual. He has a way with a guitar that is very satisfying to the mind. I try to get all his albums,especially the old Special EFX albums. those are unbelievably great

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably forgettable, July 3, 2007
A. Martin "Mr. T" (St. Augustine, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
Pretty good CD. There is no doubt of Chieli's guitar mastery, but other than a couple of good hooks I'll most likely push this one to the back of the rack after a few more plays.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the ultimate music-on-hold connoisseur..., January 26, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Surrender (Audio CD)
On a lark, I used the SoundHound app on my mobile phone to, jokingly, try and identify the on-hold music before a teleconference. Holding my phone up to the Polycom speakerphone, SoundHound identified the song as "Mystical"... I was floored to find it available on Amazon for MP3 purchase!

ARRAY(0x9979c39c)

Sweet Surrender
Sweet Surrender by Chieli Minucci (Audio CD - 2007)