5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Entertaining!
Published on August 14, 2012 by S.D. Denny

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste time after the introduction
What is the rationale for such shoddy and incomplete work?
Did I miss something after the enticing start? If not, this is such a ripoff!
Shame on you.
Published 1 month ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Entertaining!, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Tea and Cornbread: Inspiring, Motivating and Empowering Black Women to Take Back Their Bodies & Live a Healthier Lifestyle (Volume 1) (Paperback)
I found this to be so much more than just a how-to book! Not only did the author share a wealth of useful information that included tips for healthier eating and living... she also combined it with rich humor in her stories about growing up alongside traditions of soul food eating and unhealthy habits that can lead to chronic diseases down the road if we are not conscious to make some much needed changes. I also like that the author incorporated interactive activities and affirmations to engage the readers. This added to my enjoyment and gave me a chance to really connect with the content, rendering it a more personal experience. Kudos, Karrie Marchbanks! I've joined the Sweet Tea and Cornbread revolution, thanks to you! Looking forward to visiting your website and learning more through your forums!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice from a good friend, January 3, 2013
I worked with this author several years ago and reading this book is like having a nice long visit with a wise friend. I am not of African descent but am a thyroid patient and need all the help I can get with my weight. I was reminded of many things I should be doing and learned other things to help me in my personal struggle. This book was easy to read and in so many places downright funny. I loved the spiritual aspect as well. Thank you Karrie.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE SWEET TEA, CORNBREAD AND THIS BOOK, December 2, 2012
The title will get your attention, the cover is appealing and the words are the truth; the book is entitled "Sweet Tea & Cornbread" written by Karrie Marchbanks. If the title has you salivating then this book is for you, I know it was something I needed to read.
"Sweet Tea & Cornbread" 21 Days to the body you deserve is written in a comfortable tone; by comfortable I mean the reader will not feel intimidate or overwhelmed by the information presented. Unlike other health related books, facts are introduced in easy to understand snip-pits. The 21 chapters are "girlfriend" like conversations between the reader and the author with health facts, great antidotal stories and affirmations.
Though written for Black women I am confident that anyone who reads this book will be able to benefit from the information presented.
After going through the first few chapters I decided that it would be best for me to read the book in its' entirety including completing the affirmations and then reread each chapter until the information was completely digested. (As I ate candy corn while reading "Day 17: A Size 20 is the New 6" I knew that I would have to reread some things.) There is quite a bit of information within the 140 pages, as I said before the information is easy to read and understand.
At the time I was approached to read "Sweet Tea & Cornbread" by Karrie Marchbanks I had just completed a Heart Truth training class in which I learned that heart disease was the #1 Killer of women. Living a stress free, nutritionally sound lifestyle complete with the proper exercise will help reduce the chances of anyone having heart disease, this book will help.
Even before I had completed reading this book I was recommending it. Not only do I recommend this book I would advise anyone to purchase their own copy.
FOOTNOTE: I never liked my tea too sweet but I do like sugar in my cornbread.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a fair review.

5.0 out of 5 stars AAMBC Book Reviews, January 23, 2013
Very surprised when I realized this wasn't a cookbook...Sweet tea and Cornbread was an entertaining and informative read for me. Karrie Marchbanks twenty-one days to success was a journey I was eager to embark on, being raised by Southerns myself. I was taught that food was a cure all, until I learned the correct way to feed my body, was a healthy way, without having to sacrifice good food. I'm sure that this manual to healthy eating and living will become a successful guide for many women of color who are trying to find ways to step out of that stereotypical box of being body flawed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, insightful and FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, September 26, 2012
This book was a eye opening informative book. I laughed out loud as I read this book, Sweet Tea and Cornbread showed me how to eat and exercise right for my body type. I would recommend this book to every woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book., December 17, 2012
This book was inspirational and easy to relate to and read.
You do not have to be African American to enjoy this book. I love it. Great Job Karrie

5.0 out of 5 stars A combination of sound advice, personal challenges and daily affirmation, January 17, 2013
`Tis the season to make New Year's resolutions, and a popular one is to shed a few pounds, a proposition easier said than done. For black women, losing weight is even more of a challenge, at least that's the thesis of Karrie Marchbanks, an African-American female speaking from experience.

However, the author is dead serious about the subject, and has the statistics to support her arguments. For instance, she cites the fact that 14% of black women have diabetes.

The Sweet Tea 3-week initiative involves a combination of sound advice, personal challenges and daily affirmations.

Read the full review and more book reviews from AALBC.com on your Kindle Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book Did What It Was Meant To Do!!!!! Thanks, March 15, 2013
Karrie, didn't know you had it in you!!!! Love Sweet Tea and Cornbread. All the stories in the book was talking directly to me, for I too am from Pueblo
CO and have the same background. And too, in my 40's, I have packed on the pounds. After reading this book, I have become Inspired, Motivated and Empowered. Sweet Tea and Cornbread-21 Days to the Body You Deserve is a Good Read, Humorous (Coulats-had to laugh out loud), Informative and Spiritual. Yes, all this in one book!!!!!!!! 5 Stars for me. Enjoyed it. Thanks Karrie... Needed the Push. Right on time!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual and THought provoking., August 8, 2013
I enjoyed this book. I took my time reading it to really let it sink in. I enjoyed the bible verses and common sense approach the author used. Overall a very uplifting book. Encourages you to take time out and put your health and well being first.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Guide to Making Small Changes Over Time for Overall Health, September 27, 2014
This, unlike many books on healthy eating, is an easy, compelling, yet not overwhelming read. It is written as a devotional so one could take a little bit of info at a time. It is a proven fact that small changes over time can do wonders for our health. This book surely speaks to assisting the reader in doing this.