5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Cookbook Attracts the Non-Vegan Audience
Published on October 22, 2009 by JKC

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not as good as it looks
Bit disappointed when I bought the kindle version of this book. Think the best recipes are on the cover (to look at).
Published on July 21, 2011 by Braewood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Cookbook Attracts the Non-Vegan Audience, October 22, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
Sweet Utopia is a marvelous vegan desert cookbook! It is filled with simple and sinful recipes that will tantalize your taste buds. My endorsement of this book, is saying something because I am not a vegan--and have never cooked vegan before. However, I am attracted to living a healthier life and providing that experience to my friends and family. In actuality it was my husband's high cholesterol problem that jumped started my interest into this book and challenged me to change my cooking style. Quite simply I wanted my husband to live longer which meant that I needed to cut down on his egg and cheese intake. However, being a domestic gourmet chef I didn't want to sacrifice taste or my chocolate cake; and with using Sweet Utopia's mouthwatering deserts, I didn't have to. I became so excited about this trendy new book that I made the bread pudding recipe for my dairy intolerant Aunt. She was moved to tears--she hadn't had bread pudding in 20 years. That is testimony to how life changing Sweet Utopia can be. Whether you are a Vegan or just looking for a healthier way of life--this cookbook is for you. I love Sweet Utopia because it is filled with vibrant pictures that make the tantalizing desserts come to life on the page plus it is easy to use. All that it takes is one taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Sweetness, October 30, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I bought this book last week and I cant stop making delicious desserts! They are easy and absolutely delicious! I never could make desserts until now. I made 3 desserts from this book for a party this weekend and everyone was like "WOW who made this dessert". Easy to follow recipes easy to find ingredients.

I also have to mention the pictures in this book are exquisite. I will recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!, October 13, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I've been a Vegan for a few years and I'm always looking for new recipes. I stumbled upon this book and was really excited about the prospect of having a whole book of Vegan recipes, so rare! So far I've made about a third of the recipes in this book (my husband and kids have been really enjoying that, needless to say!). The recipes have come out great and they're all really simple and easy to make. I feel like this is one of those books that I'll be using for years and years. The photos are gorgeous and the desserts are really yummy, definitely a must-have cookbook for Vegans, I don't know how I've lived without it this long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the BEST DESSERT BOOK AROUND!, April 17, 2010
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I purchased this amazing book several months ago, and kept telling myself that I MUST write a review because every single recipe that I tried was unbelievably amazing! When I buy a cookbook (and believe me, I buy LOTS of cookbooks, especially the ones that don't use any animal products at all) I expect some recipes to be good, but I know that there's always a couple recipes that won't turn out well, or that aren't as good as you think they'd be. These recipes are consistently amazing! I've made several of the items for my friends and people I work with, and they rave about how good they are. When it was a couple friends' birthdays / wedding anniversaries, they specifically asked for this book when I asked them what I could get them! What an awesome request! I'm always happy to buy this book for friends, and I'll keep buying it. If you're trying to decide which cookbook you should get, take my suggestion, BUY THIS ONE! You won't regret it!! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous Book, February 8, 2010
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
Recently changing over from Vegeterian to Vegan I worried about what I was going to do about baking for the holidays. I had tasted many Vegan Deserts, from very well known places, only to find them dry and tasteless. Then someone suggested I buy this book and I am so excited that I did. I made the "Tangerine Glazed Zuccinni Cake" the other night and it was utterly amazing. It wasn't overly sweet, had a wonderful taste and was extremely moist. I feel like I hit the Jackpot with this book. Thank You Sharon for taking the time and patience to put together so many fabulous recipes for the vegans of the world who like to eat good food! Every Vegan needs to get this book!!! NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipes and Gorgeous Pictures, November 17, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I can't stop buying vegan/vegetarian cookbooks, and there are so many good ones without pictures, but it is so much more fun when you have glossy pictures to look at! This book is beautiful and the photography makes the food look so appetizing. So far, I've made the peanut butter cookies (more than once) and they are delicious. The texture was right on, and they disappear minutes after coming out of the over. I've also made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Super simple to whip up on a lazy Sunday morning, and the kids munch on them all day. The recipes are easy to follow and the results are great. I'd recommend this book to those who need some new ideas for baking and also to those who just like to read cookbooks. You may actually be inspired to try out a recipe!

5.0 out of 5 stars A vegan twist on traditional desserts, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
Being a vegan means eating healthy. That most assuredly includes desserts as evidenced by Sharon Valencik's "Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts". And 'simply stunning' is no mere exaggeration! Not with such luscious, mouth-watering delights ranging from Strawberry Fields Cake with Unbeetable Buttercream Frosting; Chocolate-Glazed Almond Cookies; Pumpkin-Nut Pie; Coconut Tiramisu; and Fruity-Berry Cookie Cobbler! Enhanced throughout with the full color photography of Milan Valencik, "Sweet Utopia" offers recipes that are ideal for anyone having allergies to dairy or eggs, need to be concerned with respect to their cholesterol or exposure to saturated fats, or simply appreciate a vegan twist on traditional desserts. "Sweet Utopia" is an impressive and strongly recommended addition to any and all personal, family, and community library cookbook collections!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dessert book ever!, February 10, 2010
C. Bergstein (Woodcliff Lake, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
What's amazing about Sweet Utopia is that the recipes are both easy and delicious! I made the ultimate brownies for a party with plenty of non-vegan friends there, and they were amazed that there was no butter or eggs in them. And the photos are spectacular. It is really a gorgeous book. I recommend it for anyone wishing to make spectacular desserts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Utopia - great book, January 24, 2010
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I so enjoyed making these desserts. Being a choco-holic, I especially enjoyed baking the fudgy chip cookies! By following this book, I make my own frostings & crusts with ease. I really love the recipe for the chocolate-pecan paradise pie. I feel really comfortable giving my three year old twins these desserts, knowing they are limited in saturated fat and low in cholesteral. As an animal lover, I know that these tasty desserts are completely cruelty free and I don't give up any taste :) If you buy this book, you won't regret it and you will have a great time baking these recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite!, November 18, 2009
This review is from: Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts (Paperback)
I'm not a vegan but healthy eating is extremely important to my family. If you want to eat well, yet have a sweet tooth, this cookbook is for you. The recipes are extremely easy to follow and each dessert shows as a photo, making preperation even easier. I've tried several recipes, with my favorites being the peanut butter cookies, cookie cobbler and very berry corn muffins. I plan on making the pumpkin custard for Thanksgiving. Even if you're not a gourmet chef, recipes from this book are sure to impress your family and friends. It certainly worked for me!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts
Sweet Utopia: Simply Stunning Vegan Desserts by Sharon Valencik (Paperback - September 15, 2009)
$19.95 $15.80