From the Publisher
SERVES 8 TO 10
10 chocolate sandwich cookies
½ teaspoon ground coffee
3 tablespoons butter substitute, melted
8 ounces tofu cream cheese, at room temperature
⅔ cup evaporated cane juice
½ cup tofu sour cream
3 teaspoons egg replacer, whisked with 4 tablespoons warm water
8 ounces gluten-free chocolate chips
4 ounces gluten-free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter substitute
1 teaspoon light agave
2 tablespoons tofu sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. MAKE THE CRUST: Finely crush the sandwich cookies in a food processor, for about 1 minute. Pour into a medium bowl and add the ground coffee. Stir in the melted butter substitute. Press the crust into a 9-inch disposable pie plate.
3. MAKE THE FILLING: Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the cane juice and sour cream and mix for 1 minute at medium speed. Add the egg replacer and mix for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted. Pour the chocolate into the mixing bowl while the motor is running, then blend on high speed for 1 minute. Pour into the crust.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the fi lling slightly puffs around the edges and the center is slightly fi rm. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove the disposable pie plate and place the cheesecake on a serving dish.
6. MEANWHILE, MAKE THE GLAZE: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter substitute, about 1 minute. Add the agave and sour cream and stir until combined. Pour over the cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. This cheesecake is a chocoholic's dream. Crisp chocolate cookie crust, rich chocolate fi lling, and decadent chocolate ganache topping make up these three layers of chocolate bliss. This is extra delicious served with fresh berries.