5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!
Published on March 11, 2012 by Kerrigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet vengeance
I really liked the begining - very original, and so is the rest of the plot/story line. However the lack of depth of the heroine, who went from being deeply in love with one guy and should have been in severe state of shock over his loss, but suddenly becomes wildly attracted to the hero in just a heartbeat, felt very unrealistic and broke the spell for me.
Published on September 5, 2012 by leboissard sophie

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, March 11, 2012
Kerrigan (Spanish Fork, UT, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
So, one of my favorite things about this book was how unique the plot line was. There was never a time that I felt it was predictable or boring, it kept me up WAY into the night. The Heroine is identifiable and I fell in LOVE with the Hero right away. Their story was so much fun to read! There were moments I laughed out loud and moments I cried for both of them. I loved it so much, I bought Cindy Stark's other book, "It's Only Love". I'm loving that one too! Cindy Stark has earned a permanent place on my bookshelf. Forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
This was a good read. I had a few problems relating to Allie at first, but got over them pretty quick. The plot is terrific, the writing really good and the characters believable. I want a Jase of my own :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Vengeance--Loved this book!, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
I'm so glad I found this book. It was a great read. The character Allie is easy to identify with and is well developed. As is the heroic character Jase. Loved the plot of running from the mob while an unexpected romance blossoms. You felt for Allie's struggle to understand the danger she has unwittingly become involved in, and Jase's journey is equally compelling as Allie's presence awakens feelings in him he thought were forever left in his tragic past. I couldn't put this book down. Definitely an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., May 22, 2013
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
After reading the first couple of chapters, I thought I had this book figured out and the ending written. Was I wrong! This was a fantastic, wonderfully written love story with a few twists and turns that will leave you with your jaw on the ground. All I can say is WOW!! I mean, WOW! I read the reviews for this book and one reader said this book was one of a few that made her cry. Ditto! This is a love story for anyone who will love, not only the heart racing, fast paced twists but the story of Allie & Jase. This is a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars POWERFUL, November 15, 2012
Cindie (Woodstock, Ga, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
I loved the suspense and twists in this romance. Cindy Stark has a great way of weaving the action and suspense into a sweet and powerful love story. This is my 3rd book by Cindy Stark and I hope she is going to keep the action and passion coming. She is one of my new favorite authors and I look forward to the next read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet vengeance, September 5, 2012
leboissard sophie (Meyrin, Geneva Switzerland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get into it...at first, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
First let me say I am only half way through the book. But that's just it----I've been reading it for 3 days and am only 50% done??? I average 3-4 books a week, but I just can't get invested in this one. I'll admit, partly it's because I'm not a huge fan of mob related stories. But mostly, it's the age of the characters. She's only 19!!! And I think he's 22 though I could be mistaken about that. If I wanted to read teen fiction I'd buy teen fiction. Some reviewers have complained about the fact that Allie falls for Jase only days after the so-called love of her life is gunned down in front of her. But to me, that's something a 19 year old would do. We all think we know it all at 19 and know what love is, but we don't have a clue at that age. I'm just not interested in the teen angst. As for the story....I'm finding it pretty unremarkable so far. It's just too distracting to me to constantly be thinking "Now where does he get all this money? How does he know how to do all this at such a young age?" etc etc. I know I have a lot of story left, but I can guess how things will end up, and really, I just don't care about these people. She was an idiot to get herself in this mess, and he's an even bigger idiot to try to do what he's doing. I wish I could just give up, but I don't like to leave books unfinished. Plus, I paid $4 for the thing.

***Ok, after finishing the other half of the book, I'm upped my stars from 2 to 3. Really, I would given the first half 2 stars and the 2nd half 4. The 2nd half, which takes place 6 years later, was a much better read for me since the characters were older and more mature. However, without ruining the book for others (like reviewers did for me!), there were some plot points that were annoying. The sudden flip-flopping of decisions/feelings that had been in place for 6 years, the unreasonable reaction from Allie after the "surprise" at the end, and the sudden flip flop basically 2 more times to get us right back where we wanted to be all along. Oh, and my questions about the money and Jase's mob "experience" never did get answered. Overall, sorry to be an age-discimanist (I think I made up a word :-p), but had the characters been a bit older to start out with, I would've loved all of this book instead of just half of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alpha Anti hero, October 27, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
The storyline of this book spans several years and starts when the heroine is a teen who finds herself in a terrifying situation, alone, and pregnant. Jase feels obligated to take care of her but despite his feelings for her, he pushes her away but continues to support her. Allie is strong and survives against the odds. She never forgets her attraction tho Jade, but tries too move on because she knows he has criminal ties and a vendetta that will likely get him killed. When the two are thrown together many years down the road, sparks continue to fly, but can Jase give up his need for revenge, and can Allie forgive him for the major secrets he had kept from her? Can either one of them accept their own worthiness to be loved at all?

5.0 out of 5 stars Held my Interest!!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
I've always enjoyed author Cindy Stark's books, so when Kindle Unlimited offered this book free, I downloaded it and was not disappointed. This complex story is based in Chicago and Oregon and the bad guys are the Mafia in Chicago...and boy, are they bad! Jace's whole family was killed by this gang, so he forms his own gang to find vengeance. He saves the life of a pregnant 19 yrs old, Allie, and so the story starts. I feel the story is a little far-fetched, but it is so interesting, I don't care. This romantic suspense will keep you guessing and I loved the surprise at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014